Cambridge Diet - Day 3 - Funny taste in my mouth!

Tweed

Hi Everyone,

Its day 3 on the Cambridge Diet for me and although I still have some hunger pangs, they are reducing in frequency.

Today I have noticied a funny taste in my mouth, which I think means my body has gone into ketosis (I must find those sticks my consultant gave me to pee on so I can check).:sick0019:

I am taking each day at a time, and can already see the benefits in my clothes as I'm not as bloated.

I do keep forgetting things though, little things like how to spell a word, is this normal?

My biggest worry at the moment is how I will get through tomorrow night (Friday) without my usual bottle of wine!:eek:

Tweed xx

That was my problem for the first few weeks!
It does get easier.

I get the funny taste too, apparently its the ketones on your breath and according to my hubby it stinks lol, thats when I know I'm in ketosis and end up brushing my teeth a few times a day and using retardex mouth spray!

As for the forgetting simple things, I think its normal, I know I get a bit dizzy and feel not quite focused and not quite there, it soon passes though and you get through it, I've had a ss+ meal in the past if I've felt too funny and it does help and doesn't knock you out of ketosis!

xx
Stacey

my dad informed me I was in ketosis..lol he goes, urgh I can smell ketones on your breath! nice one!
my tongue feels furry (but I think its cs I keep burning it on my soup, cs im too keen to eat it!)
Im feeling ditzy, I work in a coffee shop and when Im on the till I forget how to add up, take away etc etc.. the hot weather dont help too, though from previously dieting in February, im thankful for the warmth atm!

Friday night plan..big bottle of fizzy water and a film! ..maybe a bath too

I like the fizzy water and long soak idea on a Friday night, i might even add some ice (to the fizz that is) and pretend it is my usual bottle of wine.

So far I'm feeling much better than yesterday, and after another sneak on the scales I've lost 5lbs in 3days, although the last two days it has been at the rate of a 1lb per day, if this keeps up though I'll be a whole stone lighter by a week on Sunday!:clap:

Thanks to you all for all your messages, they really keep me going.

Tweed x

I've found that I've stopped wanted wine now I'm in the swing of it, I thought that'd be the hardest bit, even though I only usually drink a couple of glasses a week!

I got the wierd iron taste in my mouth, but seem to nonstop chew on Sugar Free gum, so don't notice it anymore. Have told all close friends and Boyfriend to please tell me if my breath starts to smell, as I am so paranoid about that. But apart from that I am on day 5 of full SS and all is going well.

Well done tweed on your 5lbs in your first 3 days, it really does make it all worth it. Keep up the good work x

Im on day four feeling ok , was feeling pretty grim last night anyone want a buddy

Hi Mariah, always good to have buddies on here, I am only on day 5, but could not get through without all the lovely people on here, so would be good to be buddies.

Anthea x

Hi,

I too would like a buddy, it makes such a difference being able to express how you feel and check its normal? on this diet.

Well I'm part way through day 5 now and I amazed myself last night that I had no wine craving, I was just knackered! I also thought giving up the booze would be the hardest part, but is has been the easiest.

I weighed myself again this morning and was pleased to see I've hit the half stone milestone, I can't believe I've lost 7lbs after only being on the diet for 4 days.:happy036:

It is the first time I've been on a diet when I have actually thought I can achieve my end goal.

Many thanks again for all your kinds wishes and help with my sanity in knowing I'm not alone in losing my memory, having smelly breath and feeling dizzy.:thankyou:

Tweed x

Hi,

I too would like a buddy, it makes such a difference being able to express how you feel and check its normal? on this diet.

Well I'm part way through day 5 now and I amazed myself last night that I had no wine craving, I was just knackered! I also thought giving up the booze would be the hardest part, but is has been the easiest.

I weighed myself again this morning and was pleased to see I've hit the half stone milestone, I can't believe I've lost 7lbs after only being on the diet for 4 days.:happy036:

It is the first time I've been on a diet when I have actually thought I can achieve my end goal.

Many thanks again for all your kinds wishes and help with my sanity in knowing I'm not alone in losing my memory, having smelly breath and feeling dizzy.:thankyou:

Tweed x

Hi Tweed,

Well done for the half stone!!! feels great seeing the results :D Today is day 6 for me and however much I feel great and not struggling at all, I am dreading this evening as am cooking rump steak for my boyfriend, the thought of sitting there watching him tuck into a yummy steak while I sip on a veg soup brings on dread, but feel I need to bring normality into life as soon as poss. Can't expect everyone else to starve along with me lol

The more buddies the better, so would love to have you as a buddie too xx

Help! :help2: feel like giving up...

I feel so tired and light headed today I just feel like giving up :cry: I think it may have something to do with taking the dog on a long walk this morning (2 hours) so I think I might have overdone things.

Its just turned 4pm and all I can think about is putting a big buttie in my mouth to try and perk me up.

I think I'll go for a soak in the bath to try and take my mind of things and hopefully brighten me up.

Tweed x

Hi Tweed, I am feeling exactly the same. Was going to have three packs and the milk. but I had a short walk round the shops and was absolutely starving and light headed when I got back. (So no wonder you're hungry after that long walk.) So had one of those tetra's. And was still starving. So had tuna and leaves. Still hungry but just about bearing it. I'd rather not have but I thought better this than saying I give up. Keep on. And say have one of those light meals instead of the butty!!

Help! :help2: feel like giving up...

I feel so tired and light headed today I just feel like giving up :cry: I think it may have something to do with taking the dog on a long walk this morning (2 hours) so I think I might have overdone things.

Its just turned 4pm and all I can think about is putting a big buttie in my mouth to try and perk me up.

I think I'll go for a soak in the bath to try and take my mind of things and hopefully brighten me up.

Tweed x

Ohhh don't do it Tweed, you will feel rotton afterwards if you do!! just think about that fab feeling you will have when you return home from your weigh in after seeing those LBs that have dropped away :D
A bath is a good idea, will soak the body after such a long walk, pampering always good for distracting the thought process.

It really does get better, I am on day 6 today, and however much I do still get the odd hunger pang, it doesn't last long. you just seem to forget about eating. I have just had my 2nd shake of the day, as I forgot all about it. so don't give in, you can do it. just imagine a nice big:grouphugg:from all your CD friends xxx

When is your first weigh in?

Thanks for messages Mary and Jazzy!

I've had my bath which has helped a little and I've also looked through some recent pictures to try and inspire me to continue.

My first official weigh in is Monday night, so I will try and keep going until then.

For me its no so much the hunger thats the problem its the sheer lack of energy, I've got 3 kids, 1 puppy, work full time and I'm studying for a degree and at the moment I've got no enery for any of them (except the dog this morning!).:4633:

Hopefully I will get through today and let one of the kids or my hubby take the dog out tomorrow to see if this boosts my energy levels.

Many many thanks for the messages, you are truly helping get through a very difficult day.:copon:

Tweed x

Wow how on earth o you fit all that into your daily life, I am very impressed that you are doing the CD onto of everything else.. Just be carefull you don't over do it, you need to have time to let your body adjust to the changes in the first week. :zz:

But with that kinda of schedual I am thinking you will be used to it by now. :D

When you can, put your feet up, relax and enjoy the rest of the weekend!! xxx

I impressed as well that you are doing the diet on top of all your other responsibilities. I agree with Jazzy. Try to get your feet up for a while and think about that weigh in which is quite soon. And keep going for that.

Hi Guys,

I made it through the rest of evening, but did give in to temptation a little by having a small chicken breast, it tasted sooo good and my stomach thanked me for it. It was approx 140 calories so shouldn't do any harm, but as a result I am avoiding the scales today!:turkey:

This morning I've taken your advice and the hubby is currently out with the dog, while I sit and do some revision for degree (my next exam is in October).

I'll chill for the rest of day and try and have a couple of black coffee's (something I wouldn't normally do) to see if these help my energy levels.

Hope you are all OK with your diet plans and many thanks for your ongoing messages of support:wavey:

Tweed x

Back