Cambridge diet first day

flowey

Silver Member
Today I have started cambridge diet and am going for it 100%. Its my b'day in 1month and the week after that I am going 'home' to see family and friends and have a little holiday (needing a swimming costume!). So shortish goal but worried about my resolve.

Day one goal - 100% Cambridge
Day three goal - 100% Cambridge
1 Week goal - 100% Cambridge
2 Week goal - 100% Cambridge

Start weight - 92.6kgs (about 14st 9)
BMI - 35
Goal - 82.6kgs by 26th March

I'm looking for a buddy to diet with, or someone who can talk me through this thing who has maybe been there before. I read a 4wk diary or another Camb.100%er and she had a buddy, it just inspired me to go for it and get support when needed. If I do this, maybe I'll inspire someone else.
P.s this is my first forum so will learn all features as I go, pics, faces etc.. to come.

Well I'm begining day 5 and I'm starting to feel a little better. Day 3 was hell!!! I can't help the daily weight check (as am too eager to wait a week) but the first weekly weigh in on Wednesday will be the official!
You've lost a stone....wow. How long did that take you? Can you feel it in you clothes now. Its my birthday at the end of march and I have a VERY tight pair of jeans I would love to wear. Must just stay motivated. This site helps soooo much though.
Good luck to us all

Well I'm begining day 5 and I'm starting to feel a little better. Day 3 was hell!!! I can't help the daily weight check (as am too eager to wait a week) but the first weekly weigh in on Wednesday will be the official!
You've lost a stone....wow. How long did that take you? Can you feel it in you clothes now. Its my birthday at the end of march and I have a VERY tight pair of jeans I would love to wear. Must just stay motivated. This site helps soooo much though.
Good luck to us all

Thanks. I keep trying different plans cos I can't seem to find one that suits me lol.:eek: But I lost that 17lbs since the start of this year not dieting, just eating less.

Thats really cool though, thats something you could stick to for life without a hole load of pain getting there. This cambridge couldn't be a long term thing I don't think. Well you can't drink wine, and I live in France, so thats just not good for a start!!! But to loose some before my b'day and then holiday, will give it go. Kids pasta tonight nearly had me in tears though.
You didn't say, can you feel the stone + gone in your clothes?

Thats really cool though, thats something you could stick to for life without a hole load of pain getting there. This cambridge couldn't be a long term thing I don't think. Well you can't drink wine, and I live in France, so thats just not good for a start!!! But to loose some before my b'day and then holiday, will give it go. Kids pasta tonight nearly had me in tears though.
You didn't say, can you feel the stone + gone in your clothes?

Hi again. Oh believe me, I can find it difficult to stick with 3 meals a day, have gone off the rails in the last few wks. And yeah I feel more comfy in my clothes. :)

It took me ages to get my head together to do this now. I'm a serial dieter! I think my holiday and b'day are whats keeping me motivated. I live in France so go back to UK to see family and friends - so I know I could loose a bit before seeing them, then seeing their faces.
Have you got 'a something' coming up that could be your goal? Or promise yourself a weekend away if you loose another stone or something?
This is also the first time I've said - ok I've got 5 weeks so what could I do before then? Usually its, I want to loose all my excess weight and it will take me ?a year!!!!!! stay good for a year???? so I can't stick to it. I can get my head around 5 weeks, then a break though.
Why do you think its all gone pearshaped recently? You should remember more than a stone gone, don't be tough on yourself.

Hi flowey, i don't think i've made enough posts to be able to PM you? (Does anyone know about this?? Also I can't change my mood even though other people with fewer posts can!?)

Anyway.. I just started today and are stats aren't dissimilar so I'd be up for being a buddy if you are... let me know if you are! I don't have kids or anything though so I don't have that sort of thing (kids food!) to worry about it.. fortunately my boyfriend is quite domesticated so I think he will be able to cook for himself, hopefully when I'm out of the room. I need a tidy up though, earlier today I noticed a chocolate he brought back from switzerland that I'd forgotten about which I immediately went to eat- not even considering whether I was hungry or not..!! I really had to stop and remind myself DUH i'm on CD now!!

Hey catkins. Yes I'm definatly up for a buddy. I'm also a techno phob so have no idea on how to help with that sort of thing.
Its my first weigh in tommorow (it feels about a year ago I started). I do seem to think about it all day, every day! Will let you know how I get on. I have found this first week tough, lack of energy my main problem. Hope the weight loss spurs me on, although I'm not ready to quit yet!
Let me know how you get on, I'll look into pm and stuff and see if I can work it out. Speak soon.

ace sounds good! well i sorted out the mood thing but not the PM thing! I'm a bit reluctant to put my email address out there publicly... I've got my first weigh in on friday. Had the apple and cinnamon porridge this morning- much nicer than the original flavour I think. It's weird how I'm constantly thinking about the diet, but not really about food...

saying that, I did dream I ate some dark chocolate! oh my god it tasted amazing! but .. I was so relieved when I woke up and realised it wasn't real and I hadn't given in :D

Day 2 and I'm not finding it hard at all, but I'm guessing that's just because I'm not in ketosis yet. I did find it really hard to wake up this morning though.

Below is my first week weight loss. That'll keep you motivated!! I found day 3 - 5 the worst. Keep that in mind so you can push yourself through. Day 6 til now is much easier and Am thinking a little less about the diet now (am the same, think of diet not food).
I am feeling really excited about week 2 now, can't weight til next Wed for another weigh in!
Nearly went mad this am though (am in France with no CD club, so am going it alone as it were). My scales were giving 'BATT' sign this am and it took me ten minutes of fiddling to get my scales to weigh me.......thought, I've done my week, just tell me my results!!!!!
Am buying new scales today without batteries, can't go through that again, hee hee.
Must get going, let me know how your feeling, especially when you have a bad day...... we will do this

haha I nearly had a heart attack when I saw your weight loss tracker - thinking you only had 8.9lbs to lose but I now realise KG is a different kettle of fish of course! btw I've just reached 50 posts so I now have the power to send an email to you from here! I'll do that in a min.

It's the start of Day 3 for me. I'm never that hungry in the morning so I haven't had anything yet. I just arranged to meet with a new counsellor though because I wasn't happy with the prices of the one I went to first! I told her I was on Day 3 and when I said it was going fine she sounded surprised lol! Do you have to get the stuff posted over then in france?

No there is a stocker in Paris I can get it from but she's happy to send after a quick chat on the phone. Paris is about 6hrs away from here so no chance of a weekly weigh in.
Going it alone isn't too bad with this site having everything on it I may need to know. I've also downloaded the books.
A friend here got me started with it all. She was a little overweight after 2 kids and said she was starting the diet. When she first told me about it I thought she was mad!!! Then i saw her again a few weeks (?5/6) later (its busy here in the winter) and it was like, oh my god!!! she was slim. It was such a shock. I thought if she can do that in a few weeks so can I. I have a few weeks until my hols & b'day so lets go for it.
How about you....how did you get to day 3?

Hi ya and well done for sticking to this diet for me the first week was the hardest ( this is week 2 for me now)
i lost 10.5 lbs and now i want it all off how you bee doing so far???? love Charley

Hey charlie, and welcome. My attitude to week 2 is good and I'm glad all the side effects from week 1 are over. Look at your weight loss - clever clever girl you. Please keep us posted - the more of us there are, the more words of wisdom will come when the going gets tough. I know I am better sticking to a diet when I am part of a gang!
Stay in contact and good luck.

Hey Charlie, glad you can join us. Yes still here - drinking soup as we speak!
Wow well done with 10.5lbs - stick at it.
We'll be stick insects before the summer is out.
How you finding it?
becki

Hey could i be someones buddy to????? Please am staring SS tom and am apprehensive and frightened of failing :( Want to feel good about me again and have a christening in 6 weeks and loads of people will be there that havent sen me since i gained :( Desperatly want to feel happy again and would love support and to provide support for others :D would be good as most people keep telling me its not a good way to lose the weight etc etc but i need quick results else i just give up;)

Hey iwant2bslim, yes please join us. Sorry we haven't been posting here for a couple of days but are still lurking.
Good luck with starting tommorow. Is this your first time? I will not lie, I found week 1 tough, but I'd go through it all again in a flash to feel the way I feel now. I sometimes forget to take my shakes and am never hungry!
You can get great loss on this diet so do give it a go. Its hard when some people aren't so supportive. There are a lot of discussions about this. They are worried for you, they don't understand the diet and can also be a bit jealous that you are motivated to change the things you don't like, they could also be insecure but not yet proactive. Just understand they mean no real harm and stick to supportive people, they are the ones who will drag you through.
So a few more details, how much do you want to loose, how many weeks etc..
Good luck tommorow and stay in touch. Tommorow is wk 3 weigh in for me but TOTM so we will see. Bye for now

Yay thanks for replying Flowey, Now to answer the qustions, i want to lose 4 stone, so should be doing this for 4 ish months. Am now on day 3, yesterday was tough, sat whilst mum and nan had gorgeous pub lunch the whole place smelt like roast!! It was day 2 for me so hard but not a thing but cambridge passed my lips,Am pleased with myself.
I have tried this before but not to lose alot of weight so only ever done a 2 week thing then thats it.
Just want to feel normal again and cant wait to not feel hungry :L)

Back