Cambridge Diet or cry

No Debs not off anywhere same as you staying at home with my 2 sons. Thanks again for the praise I suppose I should be pleased. Been into Leicester today with one of my boys while the car was in the garage for the day. Food and bakery shops were calling out to me. My 9 year old gave me soo much support bless him. I took him into McDonalds and just had a shake sheer torture!
I'm the same as you not happy about going on holiday with my extra weight. We will stick to this won't we and we will loose weight and we will feel better about ourselves. Pinky x

Aww bless him Pinky, what a wee star. My 14 year old is great too, really supportive but tells me i dont need to lose weight cos he loves me as i am :cry: Have assured him he'll love me even more when I'm slim cos i'll be a happier, more fun mum!! :D

Yes, we are going to do this, and we are going to have bikini bods for next summer!! I keep joking to Conor (my son) that when i get to my target weight I'm going to wear a bikini 24/7 - he just rolls his eyes!

LOL that would be great to be able to do that Debs :D. Children are great when they say thing like that aren't they my kids say to me that they don't think I'm fat bless.

I have just had a very weak moment and had 5 cheddars they are so a weakness of mine so I guess I'll be off ketosis again and have to start all over again.

Also going to a BBQ on Saturday so will try to stick to just meat and salad. PinkyJ xx

I am off to BBQ this weekend so will probably have some chicken and salad and hopefully that's all

hi pinkyjay

just been catching up. been mega busy doing stuff around the house and exercise :)

have those poo tablets worked yet? sometimes you need to take more than it says on the box. remember to drink a bit more. when i started CD each time i've never had many problems in the poo department until i was a few weeks into it. i think my body just clears out. hense the fab losses in the first 2 weigh ins.

hi pinky you can do this!

its difficult but its even more difficult having a piece of this or a piece of that, it just makes the journey a little bit longer, a few days of 100% and it will give you a feeling of not even fancying food (you still want it, i think its because its the 'norm' and what we've done for so long so naturally)

you think those cheddars taste nice now - just imagine how nice they'll taste when you're 10 stone and popping one in you're mouth! they'll taste a lot nicer than a guilt ridden pick here or there, what you have to beat yourself up over about it afterwards :)

i know its so difficult, its what we've done for so long, ketosis is you're best friend, it has a natural appetite supressant that comes with it, it takes a couple of days to get into this anyway, just give yourself that chance to get into it and you wont regret it :)

dont think of it in a way that you CANT have you're favourite foods anymore, think of it, that you can if you really want to... but in doing that, you also make the choice of staying the same weight, you're not taking you're favourite foods away forever, just for a little time while you get to where YOU want to be

you've shown you can still lose weight by not been 100% but theres no point in making it so you're miserable by been hungry and having all the cravings, bring on this next week, and as long as you stick to chicken and meat and salad at the bbq you should be fine :) (if you have to eat)

and dont torture yourself, throw the cheddars away or dont buy them in, that way you cant be tempted by something that makes you weak :)

xxxx

Hi firstly yes "No. 2's did arrive the next day Greatthings but nothing since, although I am taking the fibre every day. So maybe time for some more Duclofex.
Blondie24 thanx what you say makes absolute sense, unfortunately the cheddars are for my children also. if I could get rid of all those type of things I would be doing much better.
Was very bad last night also ahd a bowl of Honey Nut cornflakes was feeling really pissed off and the craving got the better of me!!
Today is another day, and I need to increase my water intake today as wasnt great yesterday.
Anyone got any idea how long will take to go into ketosis again as I have not completely slipped off the wagon, will it be 3/4 days again do you think?
Anyhow catch you all later xxx

yeah 3 to 4 days i would imagine to get the sugar from your body, maybe even less, possibly two :) dont be too harsh on yourself, i know what you mean about having them in for the kids though, luckily my eldest is 4 at the minute so eats what she is given and doesnt really make any requests, i think if she was older and wanted certain foods i would struggle too
you can do it, get that water down you today and wee the crunchy nuts out :)
xx

Ok dam dam dam. Yet again around tea time my weak time I invaded the cheddars, dam things why are they so morish????????????
To top that I had 3 slices of cheese. I am so mad with myself at my lack of will power.

PinkyJ - am I gonna have to come kick your butt??????

Just think bikini body!!

Come on chick, you know you can do it and you know how great it feels to get a day out of the way 100% - that feeling of self satisfaction.

You want slimness more than you want a wee nibble here and there, I know you do. I also know how difficult it can be when you're food devil is whispering in your lug, one wee nibble wont hurt, but it makes it so much harder. I know you can do this babes and I am here 100% behind you, cheering you on.

Yes yes it does Debs so much. Being slim again is all I think about most of the time. And the rubbish feeling I get after eating does beat the good feeling I get while eating it. But Miss Piggy still does it. Thank you for your wise words. That bikini beckons xxx

Last edited:
Ok so work have called and asked me to work a Night shift (extra money :D so that's good ) but now I an gonna have to juggle my shakes about to last me from 7 pm till I get home in the morning 8.30 am. All night is gonna be hard as normally I munch when on a night shift.

Last edited:
have an extra shake during the night if you can, you'll probably need it to keep going.

Ok had an extra shake on Friday night shift and it seemed to do the trick stayed 100% all day and night .
On Saturday I had my friends BBQ to go to which I had decided to eat at. Well eat I did, burger snd roll, meat, trifle, chocolTe cake. Sweets what a pig but hey I did drink water and not alcohol. Felt quite bloated. very nice though but should have been more sensible. Back on CD today but now have to go through ketosis again and hunger.
CDC on holiday this week so no way in which is probably a good thing.

You back in line now missus after your BBQ? You had planned that one so as long as you enjoyed yourself and got right back to basics again the next day you shouldnt beat yourself up.

Well done for getting through your night shift too - am impressed!

you'll be fine. going in and out of ketosis isn't great though. hard work basically.

keep going pinky!

Thanx guys . I shall try my best to get back on track but just had naughty slice of Tiger bread. It is so a favourite thing and I've not long been in from 12 1/2 hour shift had row with OH about who does the most around house ( so is me) went into kitchen had shake saw the bread and had a slice. grrr ! I suppose 1 is better than 2 or 3 which I would have normally had. But now I guess I'll have to start ketosis again .

Rubbish rubbish day. Had to go into work to discuss the new working shift pattern they are starting. It doesn't suit my childcare arrangements very well so was hoping to go on a flexible pattern well it's not happening. Grrrr. So what do I do yes your right come home and eat cheddars !!!!!! To make things worse which I do so well I then eat some left over past from my childrens dinner. Will I ever get into ketosis? Funny thing still is I'm not very hungry so can you be alittle bit in ketosis I wonder?

Another rubbish day . Last night before bed I had a bowl of mini honey coated shredded wheat. Today I have eaten about 10 chocolate eclair sweets and a few spoonfuls of mince bolognaise. I do hate my lack of will power. Not drunk enough either. Off to a leaving doo on Friday night through work. We are all going to a Chinese and I was going to take the night off but now I'm wondering if I should. I won't be drinking though.

OMG when will I learn. All going well for first part of day by teatime my sister , her boyfriend and my niece had come to visit ( not seen them for a few months as they live in Portsmouth) Anyhow started cooking everyone a spaghetti bolagnaise. Smelt lovely So me being me thought "special occasion I shall have some" and I did have a plateful. Why oh why?????? Help Me please what can I do ???? :(

Back