Cambridge Dieter in today's Sun

lindylou

Silver Member
In The Sun Today (Fit Squad page 34) there is another success story for a Cambridge Dieter :D .

I love to read diet success stories but even more so when they are Cambridge Dieters!!

Shame the papers never like overstating which VLCD being used - only clue is in the "daily menu" at the bottom of the page.

From a size 20 to a size 12 and now a Cambridge Diet Councillor - well done - what an inspiration to us all!!

Heya, maybe its worth copying this thread to the news forum as well? Sure lots of people would like to hear about this! xxx

The link to this article online is: The Sun Online - Fit Squad: I was too fat for my size 24s I have to say it really annoys me how they never mention the actual diet the person did, and they make it sound as though their team of experts is the reason why the person lost weight- they seem to ignore the fact that the diet was at the centre of the weightloss and make it out like their exercise tips were the reason for the loss instead! Tsk tsk, how are people gonna find out about this amazing diet if it never gets a mention! xx

I agree, it's made to look as though she followed the Sun's advice to get down from 20 stone.

Good on her anyway. She looks fab now :)

Thanks

Wannabslim,

Thanks for the link, was going to go and buy The Sun, so just saved some pennies.

I've been reading those too. Must say that there was one a few weeks ago that did go into detail about the Cambridge Diet. I think its brill that these stories are printed. I kept the copy of the one that went into detail about the diet as it went on to say that cd was one of the best forms of weight loss for a lot of people who have a lot of weight to lose and also about how safe and nutricious it was. If anyone disses the diet I can show them the article.:D :D

I HATE the headline. Tabloid newspapers always phrase such things in an insulting way - they are damning and praising her at the same time.

Overweight readers will want to follow her example, sure, but they will cringe at the 'before' criticism. I don't need to be made to feel any worse about my food and weight problem!

The reason they don't showcase the actual diet is that it would be giving CD free advertising.

This perfectly illustrates my objection to relying only on PR....

The PR people always say that "this article was worth £x000 of advertising".....

But if you advertise, you get to say exactly what you want, where you want, how you want, and when you want.

So maybe (as with so many things in life) you get what you pay for!

If only we could persuade HQ to combine PR and advertising, as most commercial companies do...

However - what lovely photos and a great achievement.

Hi Lesley,

Having done my degree in PR I have to say that I dont think Cambridge are making the most of their resources! I was thinking of phoning up and offering my services, what do you reckon?! xxx

This perfectly illustrates my objection to relying only on PR....

The PR people always say that "this article was worth £x000 of advertising".....

But if you advertise, you get to say exactly what you want, where you want, how you want, and when you want.

So maybe (as with so many things in life) you get what you pay for!

If only we could persuade HQ to combine PR and advertising, as most commercial companies do...

However - what lovely photos and a great achievement.

Absolutely.

I honour her achievement, but disdain the way her hard-won success was used to praise the newspaper. The implication seems to be that she contacted The Sun's dietician, who in turn recommended that she follow a 'meal replacement' plan.

I personally dont like the suns fit squad articles. I was in one last year and wasnt aware of how the article is written and when it came to print i was very disappointed. I had lost nearly 7 stone and my details were given to different magazines ect to see if anyone would run the story. The SUn said they wanted to do one and i went to London for a makeover and a journalist phoned me up asked me a few questions and then i waited for article. When it was put into print it was portrayed that i contacted the sun when i was overweight and they suggested Cambridge diet and exercises ect and then supported me through my weightloss, which could not have been further from the truth.
Since then i did a local newspaper and the article i was really pleased with, i also got 4 offers from other magazines since the local one went in which i declined due to the way they wanted to portray my weight loss or reasons behind dieting which i didnt feel did me any justice.

Im all for articles promoting different diets but would make sure if i ever decided to do another one i knew exactly was was going to go to print beforehand

Julesrush
cdc.

I work for the press and I agress it does look like this lady asked the SUn for help! We run stories all the time on people shedding pounds for lighterlife, weight watchers and slimming world. When I am down to target weight I will see if they want to run a story on me! LOL!

It annoys me that they don't have the details of CD in the edit but it is CD because it is mentioned in the menu. She has done so well, good on her and good on all of us!

We are all people doing well because we accepted we had a problem, sought out and answer and we are doing it now, we all deserve a big pat on the back! GODD ON ALL OF YOU

I agree it is a shame that the actual diet that shifted the weight was not mentioned. My friend is a fitness instructor and he said basically if I want a flat stomach press ups are not the answer because you still have a layer of fat over the body that needs to go. Fitness and healthy eating work but take years. It is such a shame that cambridge don't have a mention - but this is the fault of their PR company no doubt.

Hello All,

With regards to The Sun, they always write the article as if they were contacted by the dieter, it is their style and something we are aware of (and now explain to all those that go to the Fit Squad).

Cambridge are usually mentioned several times in the Fit Squad articles when our dieters are featured and sometimes even product shots are included.

We have had several dieters in the Fit Sqaud so far this year and this is why the diet wasn't mentioned as often as usual in this circumstance. They can't be seen to overly promote/advertise one diet!

Such features are very effective in promoting the Company and the diet, after such features we often see a large hit on our website in the following few days.

Cheers, Kerensa

Back