Cambridge Inspiration Magazine

Jaycey

Post-Menopausal Maniac!
I've read here and there that some CDers have been given one of these by their CDCS - I haven't (or even had it mentioned). If I ask my CDC for one, will she have any? (Or are they only given as a kind of reward if you do well?) Could I send for one from the Cambridge HQ?
:coffee: :confused:
Also, what's in it? I'm interested! :)

Hey
I bought one from my cdc... My cdc was actually in it as she won the price for maintaining for a certain amount of time!! My cdc is Summerskye on here .. I am sure if you ask your cdc she/he will have some.. it has different success stories in there..

My CDC gave me one for free, although it is from last Autumn, but I was having a peek in bed last night and realised there was an article about her in there.

I got one from my last CDC.
I would like to say that it is a bit of a shame that as cambridge has been going for 25yrs, it would be nice to see this magazine on a more regular basis and in the supermarkets alongside the lighter life mag..
I understand the costs of creating a magazine (have had experience on this side) But feel that compared to the LL mag, CD's is a bit of a poor relation shich is a bit of a shame when the diets are quite similar... Do any of the CDC's know why the mag isn't pushed more? After all a lot of CDC's put a heck of a lot of time into their businesses and we as customers put a lot of effort into using the products.. It would be great for CD to give some more support back in this way. Thoughts anyone??

x

My cdc has given me 2 different editions since i started in February.

One was Autumn 2008 and the other Spring 2009. Both priced at £1 each but my cdc gives them out for free.

Totally agree Tilly. Would love a monthly CD Mag. I dont even mind paying for it. I also think CD do not advertise themselves enough. I had never even heard of this diet until i read about it on a money saving forum! I have never seen a advert on TV or in a mag for it before. Its such a good product you'd think they would want to promote it more unless of course they rely on word of mouth whihc is usually the best advert of all.

omg i would loveee a cambridge magazine!!
would it be worth me buying the lighter life magazine??

I buy the lighter life mags, i buy it because it is packed full of motivation and sucess stories and as they are both VLCD I see them as comparable...
I think the LL mag is a very professional well put together mag and well worth the money..
Come on CD what about it??? Funny i was talking to my friend who is in NHS .. she had never heard of CD but knew quite a lot about LL.. it does seem that very little is done to promote this fab diet!

x

I agree Tilly :)

I buy the LL magazine also but would love to see a CD magazine sat there as well! :D

Yup, I asked about this after seeing the LL mag & my CDC lent me three copies of the CD mag. I used to work in mags, too, Tilly & have been a mag addict ever since. You can subscribe to the CD mag but I wasn't impressed - it's so different to the LL mag, which as you say is so professional, inspirational and lovely, packed with info & ideas too. The CD one looked like it had been cobbled together on a desktop comp, thin & skimpy, poor pics, little in the way of inspiration & motivation. Even though they have such awesome stories to draw on, the treatment of these wasn't really as good as it should have been. Een the CD website was a poor relation to the LL one until lately, though the diet itself is AMAZING. Their marketing etc just needs to reflect this!

If CD put some money into doing a proper mag & got it into shops, it would boost numbers of people doing the diet... reckon they should farm it out to us, we'd do a great job, with all the inspiration, support and success stories here!

xxx

If CD put some money into doing a proper mag & got it into shops, it would boost numbers of people doing the diet... reckon they should farm it out to us, we'd do a great job, with all the inspiration, support and success stories here!
I went on the diet because I remember it from years ago. But there's LL being advertised on the TV and all sorts! (And they cost twice as much!) I asked my CDC about this, and she said coyly that CD don't need to advertise themselves - they're so marvellous that they rely on word of mouth and recommendations to get the message across. :secret:

Well yes, they ARE marvellous - we all know that - but doesn't any company want to make money at the end of the day?! :confused: I can't think why CD don't put themselves up as the deserved older and better sister of LL and get advertising properly and do a decent mag (which I haven't seen yet to be fair, but which doesn't sound too great!)? At the risk of getting beaten up here (
:whoopass:), I'm wondering if the management and folk at the top are a bit old-fashioned, and haven't really thought about bringing the diet into the 21st century? :superwoman:

Over to you, CDCs - what gets talked about at these conferences and things you go off to?
:blahblah: Does the advertising and marketing side of things ever get discussed? What gives, ladies (and men)?!
:sign0163:

Katie, that is so well put...
Good marketting is everything these days!
I wonder if any of the CDC's know why this is the case, or shall we all get together and write to CD and air our views :)
It's not a case of 'dissing' the company.... it's about us all wanting to prove this diet is every bit as good as LL and not someone trying but failing to compete with it.... They should be shouting from the roof tops!!!
I am sure that almost every person who starts CD would subscribe to the mag, plus the sales would be equivelent to those of LL i'm sure.

COME ON CD have faith in your own Product and give us the shiny magazine we crave :)

lol

Here here Jacey (our posts crossed!)

PS word of mouth will never fail but LL have that too! thing is because of the extra advertising, they have extra mouths doing the recommending!

Just an thought...
expensive advertising = extra cost
extra cost = CD being more expensive
surely better to keep costs lower for us;) and rely on word of mouth and people stories appearing in best selling mags...i.e Woman’s Own – Dated 20th April features a great Cambridge success story on a lady who lost 15st and saved her marriage.

x

Just an thought...
surely better to keep costs lower for us;) and rely on word of mouth and people stories appearing in best selling mags...i.e Woman’s Own – Dated 20th April features a great Cambridge success story on a lady who lost 15st and saved her marriage.

x

well said! I don;t want to be paying more for my cd! this is the reason I went with cd because of the cost next to ll;)

Just an thought...
extra cost = CD
being more expensive

x
Good point (& perhaps TV ads a little OTT)! But, er, what do CD management do all day?! :confused: :confused: (Apart from invent the odd new flavour?!) I mean, we are paying them to do something, and you can't tell me they don't have a marketing bod? :eek:
Me →:asskick:← CD

Just an thought...

x

I never thought of the extra cost added to CD if they did advertise but i disagree about the magazine.

Because we would be paying for the magazine like other mags/newspapers we all buy then it would cover the cost to make the magazine and probably leave them a profit too.

I would love to see a full editito monthly CD magazine but never thought to look at the LL life! I am off to buy one! ;)

The cost of advertising within the mag plus the magazine cover cost, would in effect cover the cost of creating a magazine and shouldn't affect the price of the CD packs. I think that TV advertising is excessive, but a professional mag would be exciting.
x

Back