Step 1 Sole Source Cambridge Weight Plan- Weight Loss Diary 2014

Day Seventy: Sole Source: 15/3/14

It's the last day of week ten and I FINALLY have a good weight loss to share, after two weeks of rubbish numbers, despite sticking at this diet 100%.

This week, I've dropped from 71.4 kg / 157 pounds / 11.2 stone to 69.2 kg / 152 pounds / 10.8 stone. That's a loss of 2.2 kg / 5 pounds and officially brings me into the 10 stones!

In ten weeks, I've lost 16 kg / 35 pounds / 2.6 stone and I'm 9 kg / 20 pounds / 1.4 stone away from target. I used to look at other people's stats on this forum and think that's crazy! It's surreal that I'm now one of those people. There's no looking back from this point. :) X

Last edited:
Well done hun. That's so good. We have lost exactly the same amount in 10 weeks. Mad how its the same, we must have similar metabolisms. Have a fab weekend. Xxx.

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb
Wk6 -3lb
Wk7 -3lb
Wk8 -STS :-(
Wk9 -STS :-( Again
Wk10 -4lb whoop whoop lol

Well done hun. That's so good. We have lost exactly the same amount in 10 weeks. Mad how its the same, we must have similar metabolisms. Have a fab weekend. Xxx. Wk 1 -8lb Wk2 -6lb Wk3 -3lb Wk4 -4lb Wk5 -3lb Wk6 -3lb Wk7 -3lb Wk8 -STS :-( Wk9 -STS :-( Again Wk10 -4lb whoop whoop lol

Liiiiz! I'm so happy! And go you for losing so much! It's beyond weird how we both had a rubbish two weeks and then lost the same amount. I think we also have about the same amount left to lose! 1.4 stone! Have a great weekend too- Enjoy the fabulous weather! :D X

Yay us :) Have a fab one too. Xx

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb
Wk6 -3lb
Wk7 -3lb

Day Seventy: Sole Source: 15/3/14

It's the last day of week ten and I FINALLY have a good weight loss to share, after two weeks of rubbish numbers, despite sticking at this diet 100%.

This week, I've dropped from 71.4 kg / 157 pounds / 11.2 stone to 69.2 kg / 152 pounds / 10.8 stone. That's a loss of 2.2 kg / 5 pounds and officially brings me into the 10 stones!

In ten weeks, I've lost 16 kg / 35 pounds / 2.6 stone and I'm 9 kg / 20 pounds / 1.4 stone away from target. I used to look at other people's stats on this forum and think that's crazy! It's surreal that I'm now one of those people. There's no looking back from this point. :) X

Fabulous! Well done! Seems so weird when you say day 70. I am only on day 13. do you feel it has gone fast?

Hey Soph! So sorry, I've only just seen your message! Wow, 7lbs in five days is fab! The weight loss will not stop on this diet- the calorie intake is far too low in order for that to happen. You may have a few weeks where you eventually plateau but it always picks up again. Try the shakes- they're just as low in calories as the soups and taste so much better! Have you found it any easier now that you're a bit further along in the diet? My results have been good. I've lost 16kg / 35 pounds in ten weeks! In the first two weeks, I was on just the shakes and soups. From week three onwards, I introduced the bars. I started with one bar a day. But I have had weeks where I'll have two a day. And it doesn't seem to affect my losses at all! I've lost on average a stone a month so you can definitely lose 1.5 stone in seven weeks. Stick at it. :) X

Hi CDROME! No probs! Just want to lose lose lose! Day 18 over - mainly doing shakes and then just the oriental chilli soup which I love! Week 3 weigh in tomorrow and hoping I have a good loss!! I don't feel any different yet in terms of my reflection - I still feel so fat!
I'm gonna try a couple bars this week I think! Can't give up 6 wks to go to the wedding and 18lbs to lose! X

Fabulous! Well done! Seems so weird when you say day 70. I am only on day 13. do you feel it has gone fast?

Thanks hun! It feels weird saying day seventy, haha!

It definitely goes faster once you're in the swing of things. I found that by the time I was on week six, time just flew by. But that may also have something to do with the fact that I was kept busy with work etc. On days where I was at home with nothing to do, I counted down the hours until my next product. Whereas at work, I would forget all about it and would have to remind myself to eat/drink! The weigh ins really spurred me on as well.

When's your next weigh in? How was your weekend? X

Hi CDROME! No probs! Just want to lose lose lose! Day 18 over - mainly doing shakes and then just the oriental chilli soup which I love! Week 3 weigh in tomorrow and hoping I have a good loss!! I don't feel any different yet in terms of my reflection - I still feel so fat! I'm gonna try a couple bars this week I think! Can't give up 6 wks to go to the wedding and 18lbs to lose! X

You'll be there in no time. It seems that you're determined to achieve this in time for the wedding and I think your goal weight is more than achievable.

Good luck for your weigh in. Let us know how you get on! :)

I didn't feel different physically and people didn't start commenting on my weight loss until I had lost two stone. Bizarre! But it takes time.

Definitely try the bars- I swear by them! X

I hope so! I am so so determined - have to do it! I lost another 3lb this week but it was TOTM and my CDC thought may have lost more if I didn't exercise as much but I love the exercising feeling so I wanna keep doing it ?! That is bizarre!

I've got 15lbs to go for my minimum target of 11 stone - if I lost more then that would be amazing! X

Thanks hun! It feels weird saying day seventy, haha!

It definitely goes faster once you're in the swing of things. I found that by the time I was on week six, time just flew by. But that may also have something to do with the fact that I was kept busy with work etc. On days where I was at home with nothing to do, I counted down the hours until my next product. Whereas at work, I would forget all about it and would have to remind myself to eat/drink! The weigh ins really spurred me on as well.

When's your next weigh in? How was your weekend? X

Well I am now on day 15! Seems like its been ALOT longer than 15 days! ha ha! I feel like I am in the swing of it, and find being at work much much easier than being at home. There are some mini rolls in the kitchen calling my name!

Weekend was good, started on the bars and think that helped, was getting a bit bored of shakes! Cooked a roast dinner with chocolate fondants for pud and was so tempted, but didn't have a morsal, so chuffed with my will power! How was yours?

My WIs are Saturday, dont see my CDC every week, so just weighed myself (I checked the scales said the same) and have lost another 5lbs which I am pleased with. Another 4 days and then I am having a planned day off for mine and my OH anniversary, although not going to go crazy!

I hope so! I am so so determined - have to do it! I lost another 3lb this week but it was TOTM and my CDC thought may have lost more if I didn't exercise as much but I love the exercising feeling so I wanna keep doing it ?! That is bizarre! I've got 15lbs to go for my minimum target of 11 stone - if I lost more then that would be amazing! X

Three pounds is a great loss- congratulations! I haven't done any exercise, other than walking, as the calorie intake is just so low and I don't want to end up going into starvation mode. I know what you mean though- it's really weird how much I'm missing exercising, now that I shouldn't really be doing it, at this point. Lol! What kind of workouts are you doing? Really strenuous stuff? X

Well I am now on day 15! Seems like its been ALOT longer than 15 days! ha ha! I feel like I am in the swing of it, and find being at work much much easier than being at home. There are some mini rolls in the kitchen calling my name! Weekend was good, started on the bars and think that helped, was getting a bit bored of shakes! Cooked a roast dinner with chocolate fondants for pud and was so tempted, but didn't have a morsal, so chuffed with my will power! How was yours? My WIs are Saturday, dont see my CDC every week, so just weighed myself (I checked the scales said the same) and have lost another 5lbs which I am pleased with. Another 4 days and then I am having a planned day off for mine and my OH anniversary, although not going to go crazy!

Wow! - Go you for avoiding what sounds like an amazing meal! Day 15 will turn into day 50 before you know it. What did you think of the bars? I remember how my jaw hurt from chewing after two weeks, lol! Woohoo! - Five pounds is fabulous! You must be ecstatic! Aww, congratulations to you and your other half. Going anywhere nice to eat? My weekend was lovely thanks. It was very chilled out with lots of sunshine after a hectic couple of weeks at work and was definitely well deserved! :) x

Hi everyone! Can I just say that you all such an inspiration for me and for the past few weeks I have regularly been viewing your posts in times of struggle and success... I am 23 years old, clinically obese and ready for my new lifestyle to begin. My first consultation for the Cambridge Diet is booked for Monday evening.. and I cannot wait! Would love to be able to swap stories of how we got to this point, weight loss / healthy living tips, encourage each other and get to know all of you.

I wish you all the best of luck on your weight loss journey, actually who needs luck when you have the determination and will to change your life :girlpower:

Oh.... I will be keeping a blog, will keep you posted when the first one is up!!!

Last edited:
Hi girls I have been on ss for almost 12 weeks but 2 weeks ago I had a week off plan for my birthday. I have now been back on plan 100% but I have been getting hunger pangs. I didnt get them the last time after I went into ketosis. Anyone any idea why im getting them now. I drink 4 liter of sparkling water every day thanx :D oh and im 2lb away from losing 3st.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Three pounds is a great loss- congratulations! I haven't done any exercise, other than walking, as the calorie intake is just so low and I don't want to end up going into starvation mode. I know what you mean though- it's really weird how much I'm missing exercising, now that I shouldn't really be doing it, at this point. Lol! What kind of workouts are you doing? Really strenuous stuff? X

Thank you! I guess I didn't feel very happy with only 3lb loss but should remember it is still a loss and still took me to a total 1 stone loss in 3 weeks! Yeah I know that what I keep worrying about, dont want to put my body into starvation mode! I was doing a high intense interval training dvd and walking but i've kicked it down a notch to just 3x45min powerwalks a week and then just the 10mins to and from station to get to work. I hope I get a good weight loss on Sunday! Praying!! xx

Hi everyone! Can I just say that you all such an inspiration for me and for the past few weeks I have regularly been viewing your posts in times of struggle and success... I am 23 years old, clinically obese and ready for my new lifestyle to begin. My first consultation for the Cambridge Diet is booked for Monday evening.. and I cannot wait! Would love to be able to swap stories of how we got to this point, weight loss / healthy living tips, encourage each other and get to know all of you. I wish you all the best of luck on your weight loss journey, actually who needs luck when you have the determination and will to change your life :girlpower: Oh.... I will be keeping a blog, will keep you posted when the first one is up!!!

Welcome Yayay. :) Best of luck for Monday evening and for your weight loss journey! If you don't mind me asking, how much are you hoping to lose? Have you set yourself a deadline by which you hope to reach your target weight? X

Thank you! I guess I didn't feel very happy with only 3lb loss but should remember it is still a loss and still took me to a total 1 stone loss in 3 weeks! Yeah I know that what I keep worrying about, dont want to put my body into starvation mode! I was doing a high intense interval training dvd and walking but i've kicked it down a notch to just 3x45min powerwalks a week and then just the 10mins to and from station to get to work. I hope I get a good weight loss on Sunday! Praying!! xx

Three pounds is a great number, Soph - you should be proud of yourself! And a stone in three weeks is awesome! I lost a stone in three weeks as well and now, eleven weeks into this diet, I'm nearly three stone lighter. Just think of the bigger picture hun! It all adds up. :)

I think it's probably for the best that you've cut down on the intensity of your workouts. Hopefully it'll help you to see another good loss on Sunday. Do you weigh in in the morning? Let us know how you get on. So exciting! Lol.

I'm home from work today and already two bars down. :-/

Yay us :) Have a fab one too. Xx Wk 1 -8lb Wk2 -6lb Wk3 -3lb Wk4 -4lb Wk5 -3lb Wk6 -3lb Wk7 -3lb Wk8 -STS :-( Wk9 -STS :-( Again Wk10 -4lb whoop whoop lol

Hey hun! How're you? How's week eleven going? (Still feels ridiculous saying that!) :D X

Thanks hun, I know I should think of it like that! I am just so worried in 5 weeks I wont be able to lose the 15lbs I REALLY want to lose :(. I wish I had started Cambridge earlier on! Yeah I just think that I will end up regretting it if I exercise too hard and then either end up so weak I wanna give up or I end up affecting the losses! Yeah I weigh in at 10am on Sunday - I will definitely let you know!

Oh no! Dont worry just drink lots of tea and water. I am due my Oriental Chilli soup in one hour and i'm very hungry today (yesterday I really struggled to eat my lunch and dinner cause wasn't hungry at all!) I've got a really intense study/essay writing weekend this weekend - the first one I have done without my usual sugary snacks, multiple cups of tea and biscuits! Must be super good!

x

Hey hun! How're you? How's week eleven going? (Still feels ridiculous saying that!) :D X

All good thanks. Lost 2lb so far this week. Now on step 2 as been feeling a bit dizzy and weird. 11lb to go :) How you finding it? X

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb
Wk6 -3lb
Wk7 -3lb

Back