Step 1 Sole Source Cambridge Weight Plan- Weight Loss Diary 2014

After three weeks of pretty much being stuck at 66kg, my third week on step two FINALLY resulted in a weight loss! The weight dropped from 66.2kg to 64.4kg in an at home weigh in, due to my Consultant being away. My scales have usually shown higher losses than when I've weighed in on my Consultant's scales. So as excited as I am, I don't want to read too much into it.

I am currently on my fourth and final week of step two. I will be moving up to step three on Sunday, for two weeks, before moving onto step four, for two weeks. I will spend two-four weeks on step five and that's the diet over and done with!

I had set my goal weight at 60kg, thinking this would also allow me to achieve a dress size ten. At 64.4kg, I am currently a size twelve for both tops and bottoms. I think I will therefore see how I look and feel at 60kg and may, through diet and exercise, go as low as 57kg, This should help me to achieve a size ten figure but also to give me a 3kg contingency within which to fluctuate.

It feels weird talking about this with a sense of finality. The end is in sight! :D Thank god because there's a Malteaser's Easter egg with my name on it for when it's all over, lol! X

Well done you!! You have done so amazingly well! I have my weigh in on Fri morn after 12 days since my last one so hoping for a good loss! I had my bridesmaid dress taken in from a size 14 to a size 10 and I am now about a stone away from my mid-June target.

I am coming off plan this weekend for my sister's wedding - I know I will put on but I am going to go back to Sole Source for a couple weeks on Monday so that should get off all the damage that will be caused before I step up (which I am sooo nervous about!). Some people on a cambridge facebook group tried to make me feel so so guilty about having the weekend off though! Wasn't nice!

The end is certainly near for you sweetie! Well done!

RESIST THE KRISPY KREMES! x

Just read through your diary CDRome, and you have done so amazing! So much determination for sticking to SS for as long as you did, and amazing that you knew when to listen to your body on weeks 9 and 11 to do SS+.. I have a feeling I would have caved and cheated when I knew I was struggling, so your a real inspiration to someone only on week 3! Regarding your smaller weight loss on step 2, I have a friend who said every time she moved up steps she stayed the same or gained a little, but after a few weeks she saw the weight loss spur on again - it's just a shock to your body she said. So keep up the good work, I look forward to subscribing to your diary :)
Well done everyone else on here as well, your all doing great! :)

Hey, your doing so well. I had a break and back on now to lose my last few lb. how many weeks have we done now? 15 is it?

Total loss on cambridge - 2 stone 11lb :)

Well done you!! You have done so amazingly well! I have my weigh in on Fri morn after 12 days since my last one so hoping for a good loss! I had my bridesmaid dress taken in from a size 14 to a size 10 and I am now about a stone away from my mid-June target. I am coming off plan this weekend for my sister's wedding - I know I will put on but I am going to go back to Sole Source for a couple weeks on Monday so that should get off all the damage that will be caused before I step up (which I am sooo nervous about!). Some people on a cambridge facebook group tried to make me feel so so guilty about having the weekend off though! Wasn't nice! The end is certainly near for you sweetie! Well done! RESIST THE KRISPY KREMES! x

Thanks Soph! Haha, don't worry, I totally rejected those doughnuts; as hard as it was. They were all my favourites ones as well. :-/ Grr!

Seems like you're also doing a fab job of this weight loss malarkey, lol! Go you for having your bridesmaid dress taken in so much. Hope this weekend goes smoothly for you and your sister. Don't worry about the Facebook group. There are some moments you will never get back and your sister's wedding is one of them. Surely it's more important to feel good and enjoy such a big moment than be worrying about a diet. Although, after doing this diet, maybe you'll be more conscience of what food and drink you're putting into your body. So hopefully that'll help you to not go overboard with overindulging. And being on this forum, I've seen countless times how people have cheated and still managed to lose loads of weight. So don't stress it. :)

Best of luck for the weigh in on Friday! How is it all going for you anyway? How long are you planning to spend working up the steps? X

Just read through your diary CDRome, and you have done so amazing! So much determination for sticking to SS for as long as you did, and amazing that you knew when to listen to your body on weeks 9 and 11 to do SS+.. I have a feeling I would have caved and cheated when I knew I was struggling, so your a real inspiration to someone only on week 3! Regarding your smaller weight loss on step 2, I have a friend who said every time she moved up steps she stayed the same or gained a little, but after a few weeks she saw the weight loss spur on again - it's just a shock to your body she said. So keep up the good work, I look forward to subscribing to your diary :) Well done everyone else on here as well, your all doing great! :)

Hi Miss Wilma! Thanks for taking the time to read through my diary and for posting such warm encouragement. You've made my day. :) It hasn't been plain sailing. I've had moments where I've so desperately wanted to eat and have come so close to cheating; Easter eggs and Krispy kremes being the most recent examples. But I'm paying too much and want to reach my target a whole lot more than a few minutes of satisfaction followed by hours of guilt. Lol. And that thought usually stops me.

I hope what your friend said about weight loss whilst working up the steps is true. I don't have an official weigh in with my Consultant until 4th May though. So I won't know for sure until then. :(

How's the diet going for you? Are you on sole source? X

Hey, your doing so well. I had a break and back on now to lose my last few lb. how many weeks have we done now? 15 is it? Total loss on cambridge - 2 stone 11lb :)

Hey stranger! Thank you. :) Just want to shift this last bit of weight and reach my target before I come off the diet because I'm not sure I'll have it in me to do it through more traditional methods. I've accepted that I'll be able to maintain through eating clean five days a week and training three or four times a week. But I don't want the extra pressure of still having weight to lose, if that makes sense. Excited for step three from Sunday! I ended up doing four weeks on step two due to the rubbish plateau. So still craving those potatoes and pasta, haha!

We've been on this for 16 weeks. :) Why did you decide to take a break? What step are you resuming from? X

I only had 8lb left to lose so thought I'd do it with ww and exercise but gained 6lb really quickly and had no leeway so decided to come back and lose it properly and move up the steps properly and like you get to goal on this. I'm also going to lose a bit extra like you so I have some to play with. Back on ss+ just for a few weeks to get the chunk off then ill do a few weeks on each step. We are so close!!!! X

Total loss on cambridge - 2 stone 11lb :)

Good girl! Willpower strong!

Thank you sweetie! I am super happy and proud and now only half a day left at work before the wedding final preps begin! Thank you for your well wishes for my sister

I know I just thought they were SOO brutal. And my only sister's wedding is a big occasion and will only happen once!
I will likely be fairly conscious this weekend but I also don't want to beat myself up if I'm not. I'm going straight back on SS for couple weeks from Tuesday before I step up - so can rid any damage quite easily there! So no need to panic!

All is really good - I'm loving Cambridge and very nervous to be close to stepping up! I just hope it's a smooth step up and I can keep losing until I get to my goal! I'm hoping a couple weeks on each step but I'm not going to stress as long as I'm kind of maintaining on Step 5 by July. I've got 5/6 events in the next 3 months where il be 'off plan' but I just think if I'm eating healthily and exercising 4/5 times a week then what is one bad meal. Just have to be sensible the rest of the time!

What are you time scales for steps at the mo? Xx

I only had 8lb left to lose so thought I'd do it with ww and exercise but gained 6lb really quickly and had no leeway so decided to come back and lose it properly and move up the steps properly and like you get to goal on this. I'm also going to lose a bit extra like you so I have some to play with. Back on ss+ just for a few weeks to get the chunk off then ill do a few weeks on each step. We are so close!!!! X Total loss on cambridge - 2 stone 11lb :)

Sorry for the late reply. Caught the flu and feel like death. First day on step three tomorrow and yet I won't be able to taste a thing, lol. Worse still, finally a day off but I'm up and showered, with nothing to do, by 6.30am :(

Aww I see. Well, I'm sure now that you're back on SS+ you'll drop those six pounds gained in no time. And on the upside, you can start exercising once you're on higher steps. :) I guess WW was just a shock to the system. Too much too soon. How is SS+ for you this time around? What's your target weight? X

Good girl! Willpower strong! Thank you sweetie! I am super happy and proud and now only half a day left at work before the wedding final preps begin! Thank you for your well wishes for my sister I know I just thought they were SOO brutal. And my only sister's wedding is a big occasion and will only happen once! I will likely be fairly conscious this weekend but I also don't want to beat myself up if I'm not. I'm going straight back on SS for couple weeks from Tuesday before I step up - so can rid any damage quite easily there! So no need to panic! All is really good - I'm loving Cambridge and very nervous to be close to stepping up! I just hope it's a smooth step up and I can keep losing until I get to my goal! I'm hoping a couple weeks on each step but I'm not going to stress as long as I'm kind of maintaining on Step 5 by July. I've got 5/6 events in the next 3 months where il be 'off plan' but I just think if I'm eating healthily and exercising 4/5 times a week then what is one bad meal. Just have to be sensible the rest of the time! What are you time scales for steps at the mo? Xx

Sounds like you have it all planned out. :) I'm sure you'll be just fine to lose any weight you may gain whilst off plan and once you start stepping up. Possible plateaus, like me, here and there but eventually it'll all average out.

I did twelve weeks on Sole Source (2 of those were on Sole Source + at weeks nine and eleven), and I've done four weeks on step two. Step three begins tomorrow. :D which I'll do for two weeks. Then step four for two weeks. My consultant recommended staying on step five for four weeks before coming off the diet completely so I'll do that and then it's just maintenance forever lol! I thought working up the steps would take a lot longer. But as it turns out, it's only two weeks on each! Happy days! X

Hi Miss Wilma! Thanks for taking the time to read through my diary and for posting such warm encouragement. You've made my day. :) It hasn't been plain sailing. I've had moments where I've so desperately wanted to eat and have come so close to cheating; Easter eggs and Krispy kremes being the most recent examples. But I'm paying too much and want to reach my target a whole lot more than a few minutes of satisfaction followed by hours of guilt. Lol. And that thought usually stops me.

I hope what your friend said about weight loss whilst working up the steps is true. I don't have an official weigh in with my Consultant until 4th May though. So I won't know for sure until then. :(

How's the diet going for you? Are you on sole source? X

Thanks :) and I'm very jealous of you moving up the steps. But no so jealous of the flu! Hope you feel better soon :) The diets going well for me, had a few planned 'off' meals but still been able to lose 12lbs in about 3 weeks which I'm really happy with! I'm on sole source and planning to stick to that for at least another 3-4 weeks.

Hi I have done this diet before and lost weight but come off it before moving through the stages and therefore put it all back on ? today I've made the decision to start again after reading your blog - day 1 tomorrow start of my weight loss x

Hi I have done this diet before and lost weight but come off it before moving through the stages and therefore put it all back on ? today I've made the decision to start again after reading your blog - day 1 tomorrow start of my weight loss x

Hey! I'm glad my nonsense ramblings came to some use, lol. Wishing you the very best of luck for your first day back on Cambridge! Let us know how you get on. How much did you lose last time? At least you'll know what to expect this time around and know to work through the different stages before coming off the diet. :) You can do it! X

WOW,amazing!!!!!!!!!!! i usually don't have the patience to read through diaries,i just look at the weight loss siggy and i'm off.just read through 13 pages of inspiration.

Last july i was weighing 204lbs, so i signed up with a consultant but didn't stick to the plan, i still managed to lose 44lbs on dukan diet,i've gained 10lbs back and i don't think i can stand eating eggs,ham and chicken for now.So i'm going to use up the 2weeks cambridge pack supplies that i have and see where that takes me before i meet with my consultant.Its day one for me today and i was looking for motivation, glad i found your diary. my starting weight is 170lbs and i hope to 30lbs+

Hi guys! Well CD Rome - wedding was amazing, however my plan to get back on hasn't yet evolved. Had alot going on and really not been very motivated. I was desperate to get back on on Monday and was all ready to go and then got severe food poisoning Sunday night (only just able to look at food) so instead of waiting until Sunday (when I see my consultant) I have decided I am going to have a nice dinner of my choice tonight as I am home alone (Pizza it is!), I am going to relax with a movie and have an early night... then tomorrow! HERE WE GO!! Will need lots of support I am sure over the next week!! xx

Hi all, hope you don't mind me joining in, you all sound like your doing really well.

i started in February and found it easy to stick to until I had a week off and now I am struggling to stay on track. I was on step 2 but I have decided to go back to step 1 this week to give me a boost. Has anyone else done this? Does it help?

x

WOW,amazing!!!!!!!!!!! i usually don't have the patience to read through diaries,i just look at the weight loss siggy and i'm off.just read through 13 pages of inspiration.

Hi Pretty addict. Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. Thanks for dropping by! :) I hope your weight loss journey is going well. X

Back