Camping the SW way

What a fab thread! I'm off for our first family holiday in 2 weeks time. Were packing up the tent and essentials in the car and DRIVING to Bavaria, stopping off at Bruges and the Mosel valley and staying in Metz on the way back. Wish us luck road trippin' with an 18 month old ;-)

What I do is make batches of curry, chilli, stew etc (anything you can have with rice!) and freeze it.. Pop it in a cool box frozen and it's still frozen until the next day.. So we save a day doing that.. Making it keep for about 4 days. We also take pleanty of cous cous, tinned toms, rice and apples! But BBQ is the best camping meal and can be had in such a variety of ways!
I love the filled jackets idea!!

Camping

I go caravaning on a regular basis and was given a electric frying pan - it's from Ideal World and you plug it in and use it like a hot plate but it also has a lid so I make risotto, curry and other meals but you can also use it in the morning for frying eggs and bacon - it's non stick so you don't need oil - i think they still do them and they are brilliant (for those like me who need electric hook ups!!);)

(for those like me who need electric hook ups!!);)
I can't enjoy camping without hook up. Need a fridge portable dvd player and most importantly hair straightners! :D

We are going in our tourer at the weekend, I love it but never dieted before when we've gone but since starting sw there's lots of tasty food that I can have and stay on plan, so here's hoping I can be good :).x

we go away in our motorhome all the time so for the bbq i do:
satay chicken skewers:mix together, 1xtablespoon low fat peanut butter (3syns) soy sauce
chicken breast pieces
opt extras: crushed garlic & or chillis
make up night before you leave & put chicken in & leave overnight
thread on to skewers ready for bbq

blue cheese burgers:
500g lean minced beef
salt
pepper
1 oz of stilton/ blue cheese (HEA)
mix altogether in food processor by hand until smooth
makes 4 massive burgers or 8 small

Baked Bean and Mushy pea curry - delicious! Followed by a banana wrapped in foil (with a few chocolate buttons added in if you have the syns) and cooked in the campfire.

Back