Can someone please advise (again I know im a pain)

Morning,

JM can you post what your eating today please, and that salt/water retention. I was thinking about that last night.

Nice photo's love.

Sue that is something I really do think that could be happening
What mild diuretic do you take
Tonight due to me forgetting to defrost the chicken ive has 2 pieces of bacon,sausage and 2 eggs so im fine within my carb limit for the day
OMG THEY ARE WAAAAYYYY TO CUTE !!!
ive tried aqua ban which are pretty good , seem to do the job , im using boots own at the moment , dont think they are much cop!!

Im going to post as I go along so i dont forget anything then keep ammending this post
Breakie was 2 sausages 1.8g carbs with mushrooms 1g and it was yummy!
Dinner was Mushrooms, 2 bacon slices and an egg
Lunch will be chicken ceaser salad with 1g carb dressing
Ive also has 2 babybells

Last edited:
well, that looks fine to me. heyho let's see how it goes JM.

me again LOL
B- Bacon and a few mushrooms
L- Egg, 1 low carb sausage (needed eating) and some mushrooms
D- Cauliflower, Broc and fish
Snack will be pork scratchings as ive read we can have them
Loads of water to drink

Just watch out for the hairy ones JM ;)

Pork scratchings, I had a pack today and pulled the most hairy-est hog lump out. I tried to take a picture on my fone but couldnt pick the hairs up on it. Trust me when I say, It was so passed waxing ; o )
lol

***Moto of the day***

Look b4 you pop anything in your mouth lol

Woofy X

This might sound daft, but is it possible that you aren't eating enough? I don't know enough about Atkins yet to know if you are or not. Maybe someone else can help on it.

Hello Sarah & Woof
I really couldnt eat anymore if I tried
Trust me I was a confort eater before and could munch a tube of pringles no probs and 2 cookies bites from Asda
Im posting what im eating on a daily basis so if anyone spots anything shout up

atkins says it is normal to plateau when you are closer to your ideal weight - a plateau is described as NO weight loss in 4 weeks after ruling out the dreaded carb creep, food intolerance and medications.

If your weight loss stalls it usually means ur bod is taking a break from the fast weight loss you have had recently and it needs time to catch up with itself.

If after you have stalled for more than 4 weeks with ZERO weight loss and counted out all other reasons and decided you are now 'metabolicaly resistance' you can think about the 'fat-fast' as a way of jump starting again. bit drastic though at this stage as you are still losing weight

2lbs is 2lbs at the end of the day :D

maybe cut out any diet drinks and sugar free jellies for a week, as some sugar substitutes can react like sugar in ur system, then weigh yourself and note any movement. if that doesnt work cut out your cheese intake for a week then weigh yourself - or both if you can limit ur 'goodies' that much dairy intolerance can make you stall.

cream does have carbs - be careful how much u are ingesting on induction u are only allowed 3 tablespoons a day.

having said that i aint an expert i just read the book lol :cool:

ok trust me - i should have read ur whole thread before posting

personal question but are u due on?

before atkins did u gain weight the week before tom?

ermmmm

let me think

are u eating cured bacon? some bacon is cured with sugar

pork scratchings have loads of salt if you are retaining water then i would suggest not having them for a while

my menu plan is this albeit i havent done it yet starting proper today!

breakfast - two rashers of streaky bacon
lunch - poached chicken breast with 8 sprouts with a knob of butter melted on them
dinner - lamb chops and cauliflower mash

and 3 litres of water

i have cut out tea and coffee completely over the past month when i want a hot drink i have hot water

are you drinking enough? i was told drink a minimum of 2ltrs a day when at ur ideal weight and add 500ml for every stone over that weight so about 2.5 litres a day for you i think.

sorry i cant be more help - just getting back on track myself

Hi Lisa
I dont have periods (great hay) I have PCOS so havent bleed now in 4-5 years I think
If you take the whole of my time now on Atkins which is 4 weeks, I started at 10 stone and am now 10 stone 3 so ive gained 3 pounds not lost any at all so im very near the plateau you said
On cambridge I did loose 2-3 pounds a week
Do you have a link to the fat thing you mentioned
My mate said yesterday its the dead saggy skin ive got that still makes me look big. Shes a very honest mate and I do agree with her. But there is still weight to be lost as well
Im convinced im eating too much fat.
Water is glugged so id say a min of 3L a day probabily more. I dont drink tea or coffee
On a plus side I think im in Kaytosis. My breath stinks lol but I havent a stvik to test
Breakie today was sausage and scrambled egg
Lunch was Pork and veg
Tea will be chicken salad

The Fat Fast [as written in atkins diet revolution]

The fat fast in one low carb program where you do have to count calories, I'm afraid. You'll eat 1,000 calories a day, with 75-90% fat. since frequent 'feedings' prevent hungerbetter than three meals a day, i [dr atkins] recommend five feedings, perhaps one every 4 hours, comprising 200 calories each. Because of the high fat content and frequent feedings, very few people on the Fat Fast experience much hunger. The stumbling block for some people is the absence of mels as we know them.

Choices for Fat Fast 200-calorie feeding

30g of macadamia nuts
60g of cream cheese or brie
30g of tuna or chicken mayonaise served with a quarter of avocado
Two devilled eggs made with two teaspoons of mayo
60ml of sour cream and two tablespoons of caviar [red or black]
80ml of whipped cream with splenda
60g of pate
Two egg yolks [hard boiled] with one tablespoon of mayo

Atkins goes on to say the Fat Fast is dangerous for anyone who is not metabolically resistant. For people who lose weight fairly easily, the rate of weight loss is too rapid to be safe. But it carries very little risk for people who can barely lose on any other regimen.

The book recommends only doing this for 5 days

here is a link i found explaining it in detail

Atkins Article : The Fat Fast

hope this helps

L xx

Back