Can someone tell me that doner kebab is not a healthy meal

Karen1972

Gold Member
Hi all

OK, after getting to my target weight in May i have now put 10lbs on :mad:

My new(ish) regime is 3 x LL packs and one healthy meal. Lately i've kidded myself that a doner kebab (no sauces though - just pitta, meat and salad) is an acceptable healthy meal - my god the meat, altho gorgeous, is full of fat and yukky stuff!!

I could quite easily go for the Shish Kebab which is pure chicken breast but why do i have to go for the worst and most fattening option!!!

I'd b really grateful if someone could kick some sense into me by telling me how bad these things really are!!

Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm going out tonight and will eat a kebab and it needs to be a chicken shish!!!!!!!!

Luv

I'd worry more about how much of it is actually "meat" :eek:

The saying "eyeholes, earholes and @rseholes" comes to mind when thinking about what they put in doner meat.

haha, well that should put me off for life then Rach!! Thanks mate!!

It's foul stuff isn't it? I mean you can taste it for a whole 24 hours after eating it bleurgh!!

I love sausages too, what is wrong with me? I'd choose sausage over a fillet steak any day! i should be sectioned!

Do you know how long those skewers of meat sit there, going round and round? With flies, dust and all sorts diving onto them and sizzling in the heat!! :eek:

Oh no I love a kebab myself, but it's only afterwards I start thinking about all the crap they put in them!!! Nowt wrong with a good old banger - I love pork and leek ones!

Do you know how long those skewers of meat sit there, going round and round? With flies, dust and all sorts diving onto them and sizzling in the heat!! :eek:

That's disgusting!! Plus they move them from the heat now and again don't they to stop them burning (perfect temp for flies then!!) and then heated back up time and time again!!

My god, what the hell am i putting in my new slim body!!! You are what you eat after all!!

Thanks DQ

You could always make sure you have the 'small' kebab (not that im trying to encourage you!)..... but just think of that taste you get the morning after you eat it! Yuck yuck yuck.. when you see it turning on the spit think of all that grease & fat on that is going into your stomach and how long that 'meat' has been rotating :eek: ... I cant eat them things now.. WW brainwashed me into eating the chicken ones, they are lovely!

Oh no I love a kebab myself, but it's only afterwards I start thinking about all the crap they put in them!!! Nowt wrong with a good old banger - I love pork and leek ones!

No more kebabs for me (i hope!). Yeah bangers are yummy. Esp the tesco's finest pork and stilton ones although not had those for over a year!! Since getting to target i have tried the quorn sausages (with different flavourings) and i have to say they are very yummy and only 200 odd calories for five!!!!

You could always make sure you have the 'small' kebab (not that im trying to encourage you!)..... but just think of that taste you get the morning after you eat it! Yuck yuck yuck.. when you see it turning on the spit think of all that grease & fat on that is going into your stomach and how long that 'meat' has been rotating :eek: ... I cant eat them things now.. WW brainwashed me into eating the chicken ones, they are lovely!

Hmmm my problem is that i can't just have a bit or a small one - it's all or nothing so i always go large or extra large grrrrr! I'm better off changing the whole meal tbh and i will have a chicken shish tonight and not the germ infested block of shite that has been rotating since last tuesday! Mind you the shish takes ages to cook so depends how long i have to wait for my taxi haha excuses already!! Seriously it's chicken or nothing!!!!!!!!!

I can say with all honesty nothing will ever put me off kebabs, even though all of the above makes me wanna retch! :p

DQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm needing inspiration to quit the flipping things girlfriend!! You could at least pretend to be appallled that someone of my high intelligence would even go near a kebab let alone eat one!!! hahahahah

Edit your post so that i think you're disgusted with me!! hehe

Hun - if this doesn't put you off, nothing will!!

I haven't eaten a kebab since 1983. I was a student in London and used to go to a kebab shop just off Tottenham Court Road. One night, I commented to a mate that I wasn't very keen on the little white squishy bits in the meat - assuming they were bits of gristle.

She just looked at me and said - oh, didn't you know - they're maggots - that shop has been closed down by the Health Inspector!

BBBLLUERRGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She just looked at me and said - oh, didn't you know - they're maggots - that shop has been closed down by the Health Inspector!

If that hasn't put you off karen... nothing will.. It even put me off my coffee!!!!!!!:eek::eek:

Chicken all the way my dear!!!!!!!:):):)

love xxxx:)

I haven't eaten a kebab since 1983. I was a student in London and used to go to a kebab shop just off Tottenham Court Road. One night, I commented to a mate that I wasn't very keen on the little white squishy bits in the meat - assuming they were bits of gristle.

Oh come on girlies!!!

At least you know the maggots are meaty ones!! lol

All it takes is imagination...lol

Amanda
xx

Good God Is, that's just made me shudder! yukkety yuk!

I'll be thinking of you and that story when i'm in the queue at Yummy's (yes the kebab shop is really called that!) Should be Yukky's haha!!

Thanks babe

Oh come on girlies!!!

At least you know the maggots are meaty ones!! lol

All it takes is imagination...lol

Amanda
xx

Ha ha Amanda, what are you like!! You can tell you've not eaten for a while tee hee!

Anyway you're supposed to be putting me off not encouraging me!!!!! :rolleyes:

I will not eat doner kebab, i will not eat doner kebab, i will not eat doner kebab!

Back