Can this REALLY work??

Right, had the quiche and salad last night.

Tuesday 26th April.
B-bacon, egg, mushrooms, tomato, baked beans, frylight, 2 small WM bread-hex B.

L-coffee-hex A and 1 syn.

T-The last of the shepherds pie with cabbage and yet more baked beans-good job I sleep alone!!! 3 syns.

S-Af is with me (pleased I've resisted the chocolate so far!!) and painful so I've just had some ibuprofen which mean I need something in my belly. Considered jaffa cakes but would've eaten the whole packet so decided to have a mugshot-not had one before and been told that they are synfree but I'm not sure.Anyhow its got to be better than a load of jaffacakes!!!
Shattered and going to bed soon.
Helen.xxx

ETA-whoops the mugshot was a creamy cheese one and is 2 syns. Going to have a mullerlight then bed.
Total syns for today-6.
Thats 32 so far this week.

Last edited:
Wednesday 27th April.

B-coffee-hex A and 1syn. Mullerlight.

L-tuna, lettuce, grated carrot, red onion, tomato, cucumber, sweetcorn, 2 small WM bread-hex B. Mayo-1.5 (mixed 1 tbsp light mayo and 2 tbsp EL mayo and had 1/2 of it). Yummy dinner.

T- chicken breast in very low fat natural yoghurt with tikka spices added grilled and some mushrooms coated in the yoghurt mixture that was leftover with rice and salad with the rest of the mayo mix from lunch-total of 1.5 syns-and it was very nice.
Orange and choc sprinkles mullerlight for pud.

So up to then thats 4 syns. However I'm going to a chocolate evening with my mum tonight. I dont think there will be samples-just a demonstration which should be great as its from a local shop that makes fantastic things and I'm really looking forward to it. However if there are samples I'm going to have to be very very strong!!!
Helen.xxx

Last edited:
Wednesday 21.15
Had a great evening at the demonstration-it was gateaux and cake and stuff to buy. Mum bought DD a chocolate pig and 1/4 of a chocolate gateau with truffles on top and then made me hold them while she had a cup of coffee and a cake- all I kept doing was sniffing the gateau as the lid wasn't shut properly-I'm really pleased with myself but my mouth is watering so and I'm watching masterchef which always makes me hungry so going to have a mugshot-spicy sweet and sour which is synfree.
H.xxx

hjanea said:
Wednesday 21.15
Had a great evening at the demonstration-it was gateaux and cake and stuff to buy. Mum bought DD a chocolate pig and 1/4 of a chocolate gateau with truffles on top and then made me hold them while she had a cup of coffee and a cake- all I kept doing was sniffing the gateau as the lid wasn't shut properly-I'm really pleased with myself but my mouth is watering so and I'm watching masterchef which always makes me hungry so going to have a mugshot-spicy sweet and sour which is synfree.
H.xxx

Masterchef made me hungry too!! Lol x

Good for you! Love your diary, I'm also not going to a class yet as I live overseas. You seem to be able to stick to the plan all week with lots of great recipes! Good luck!

Good for you! Love your diary, I'm also not going to a class yet as I live overseas. You seem to be able to stick to the plan all week with lots of great recipes! Good luck!

Hi Tracey-Anne, thanks for saying you like my diary. I think its helping me to keep on the straight and narrow because I have to confess on here. I have to say that I always find the first couple of weeks of a 'diet' fairly easy to stick to but its this third week that I usually struggle with so I just hope I can keep to plan.
What sort of foods do you eat in Bahrain? And how are you finding SW?
Helen.xxx

Thursday 29th April.

B-coffee-Hex A and 1syn.
S-alpen bar- 1/2 of hexB.
D-chicken tikka, SW quiche, lettuce, grated carrot, cucumber. Salad cream-0.5 syns. Mullerlight. Not very hungry today and couldn't face a full salad.
I had a hormone injection on tuesday in preparation for my fertility treatment and I feel like my head is full of cotton wool (shopping took me forever today as I couldn't decide/remember what I wanted) and I think thats perhaps why I've not got much appetite.
Will sort out tea later.
h.xxx

Thursday 28th
Tea-bean and quorn chilli with leftover rice and some SW wedges with a dip of LF natural yoghurt and cucumber. I put loads on my plate but didn't finish it. The chilli was lacking something, not sure what-I might pop a post on the recipes forum to see if I could add anything to improve it as I have at least 4 servings left in the pan!!
Rhubarb mullerlight for pudding!
Will have a second alpen bar later as the other half of my hex B. I've hidden them out of reach of DD as she loves things like that but they are so expensive I don't want her pinching them all!!
Only had 1.5 syns so far so might just treat myself to a creme egg later.
Helen.xxx

Had an alpen bar-other half of Hex B, and a creme egg-9 lovely syns!!
10.5 syns for the day and weekly total so far 46.5 out of 60.

Friday 29th April.
B-coffee hexA and 1syn.

D-1/2 small SW smash pizza with 1/2 fat cheddar-3 syns. SW quiche, large salad. 1 tbsp light salad cream-1.5. Mullerlight.

S-alpen bar-1/2 hex B, grapes.

T-bean chilli, couscous-1 and jacket potato with 2 EL laughing cow triangles-2.

Thats 8.5 syns so far. Takes me to 55/75 I think. May have a treat ater though still the other half of hex B to have. Will see later-early night for me as up at 5.30 for work tomorrow.
H.xxx

Needed chocolate so enjoying a creme egg-9 syns. Thats 64 out of 75.

Saturday 30th April

B-coffee-hexA and 1syn.
mullerlight, grapes, alpen light-1/2 hex B, 2 clementines-eaten over 2 breaks at work.

L-couscous-1syn, bean chilli, 1/2 a cucumber(chilli was a bit spicy!!) quark.

T-is to be at mums. Roast chicken and frylighted veg. Problem is I love gravy so will probably be 4-5 syns. Taking a mullerlight for pud and a banana for if needed after our walk.

Bit peed off with myself today as I had an SP at work and am only 300g lighter than monday. I'd expected it to be quite a bit more as I feel slimmer-obviously not!
Wont be having an SP again!!
Helen.xxx

hjanea said:
Saturday 30th April

B-coffee-hexA and 1syn.
mullerlight, grapes, alpen light-1/2 hex B, 2 clementines-eaten over 2 breaks at work.

L-couscous-1syn, bean chilli, 1/2 a cucumber(chilli was a bit spicy!!) quark.

T-is to be at mums. Roast chicken and frylighted veg. Problem is I love gravy so will probably be 4-5 syns. Taking a mullerlight for pud and a banana for if needed after our walk.

Bit peed off with myself today as I had an SP at work and am only 300g lighter than monday. I'd expected it to be quite a bit more as I feel slimmer-obviously not!
Wont be having an SP again!!
Helen.xxx

Hey Helen...

Gravy is 2 syns per 142ml according to the sw website so you can have lots for just a few syns x

Oooh it was made with the meat juices though so I thought 4 and 1 for the teaspoon of crab apple jelly I had. If so thats only 6 so far for today so I may have a small treat later-though probably not a creme egg as I have a large painful spot on my nose-must be from 2 creme eggs in 2 days after very little fat and sugar for nearly 3 weeks!LOL!!! Just to think I used to eat a minimum of 3 at a time!!
Tea at mums was lovely- a real plateful and only the syns for the gravy and jelly.

ETA supper was an alpen light-1/2 hexB.
So syns for the day were 7.
Weekly-71 out of 90.

Last edited:
Yeah it's amazing when you look back and think about what you ate before- shocking isn't it? Proud of you to be sticking at it :) x

Sunday 1st May

B-coffee hexA and 1syn. Melon.

S-alpen light 1/23 hexB.

L- SW quiche, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, beetroot, grated carrot, light salad cream-1.5.

T-low fat sausages-2, baked beans, SW wedges, mushrooms, frylighted egg.

Thats 4.5 syns so far.
75.5 out of 105 for the week so far.
Its WI tomorrow before work so I'll try to just have an alpen light later as my other half of hexB. Not sure if that'll be enough though.

Last edited:
Monday 2nd May.
Wi-lost 2lbs. I had hoped for more TBH as my clothes are looser-don't want to measure for a couple of weeks yet as I want there to be a difference. It has been * week though and I had a hormone shutting down injection for my fertility treatment so I don't know if this will have made a difference.
Anyhow today
B-coffee hexA and 1 syn. Banana, satsuma, alpen light bar 1/2 hexB.

D-SW quiche, large superfree salad, 1tbsp light salad cream-1.5.

Plan for tea is sausage 1 syn, pasta in HM tomato sauce and salad.

I don't know what I should do about my syns I've had around 75 a week for the last couple of weeks. Any suggestions if this is ok or should I have more?. I feel that although 2lbs a week is a good way to lose some people lose so much more weekly on SW and I certainly don't want to slow my loss any more by having all my syns.
Any ideas?
Helen.xxx

Right monday tea-low fat sausages-1.5 syns, pasta, sauce of onion, garlic, mushroom,courgette, passata and sweetner.
Alpen light-hexB and a creme egg-9 syns.
Total syns for the day-13.

Back