Can this REALLY work??

Started today again for 3rd time. I will succeed this time !!!! Do you think all syns should be used or think better not too !!

Hi Tsassy, glad you have decided to try again.
I'm afraid I'm too new to this to advise really. I've had 75-80 the last 3 weeks and had reasonable losses but not massive ones. I've not felt that I needed to have many the last couple of days but I really don't know how that will affect my loss if I carry on with it. I'm also on some hormone medication for fertility treatment so I don't know how that will affect things either.
Perhaps someone else, with more experience of SW can help? I still can't believe that I can lose weight with the amounts that I'm eating TBH!!
Helen.xxx

Tuesday evening
Alpen light-2nd half of HexB and mullerlight.

Had a creme egg at 10pm-9 syns.
19.5/30.

Wednesday 11th May.
Had my coffee-hexA and 1 syn.

Plan for the rest of the day after a nap (very por night!!) is

L-ham salad with salad cream (1.5), HM potato salad (mayo-1).

T-LF sausages (1) with SW chips, baked beans, mushrooms, tomatoes and possibly an egg. Fruit for pud to make up my superfree.

Leaves plenty for breakfast at some point and fruit to have as extras. Got some nice looking strawberries yesterday so may have them and a meringue for pud at teatime-make DD's day!!

Right my day went as planned with the addition of a mineola and alpen bar as snacks. Need to count another syn for sausages as I had most of DD's as she said she didn't like them (after loving them the last time she had them!!!).
So syns so far-5.5. I'm still quite full from tea but I fancy some chocolate so might have a creme egg.
H.xxx

Had the creme egg-yummy!! Mustn't have anymore this week or I'll be getting spots!! Adds 9 syns to yesterday-14.4.

Thursday 12th May.

Plan-coffee-hexA and 1.
apple, mineola, grapes, yoghurt, possibly mullerlight-all at work this morning.
2 small WM bread, ham, banana -in car going to appointment.
sausages, (1)tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, carrots, stock cubes-casserole I made yesterday with peas and mashed potatoes.
Also got an alpen bar for work in case I need it but will have to syn it if I have it as the bread for the sarnie is todays hexB.

Right, went as planned including alpen bar-3 syns and a bag of crisps-6.5 syns and had an extra sausage-0.5.Large banana.
So total syns 12.

Friday 13th may

Coffee-hexA and 1.

Plan for rest of day is fruit with my tablets in a few minutes.
L-Sweet chilli chicken with couscous, big salad, mayo-2 syns altogether.
T-HM syn free shepherds pie, baked beans, cabbage.

Leaves lots of leeway for extras and syns.

Right-fruit snack was melon and grapes.
Dinner as planned but had all the chicken and the mayo was 1 so 3 syns for that.
Tea as planned.
Total syns so far-4 and I'm still full from lovely tea.
Not having any more creme eggs anyway theyve given me a corker of a spot!lol!!!
Helen.xxx

Saturday 14th may.

Coffee-hexA and 1.

Break at work-alpen light-1/2 hexB, rhubarb mullerlight, mineola and very naughtily 1/2 a slice of cold white buttered toast-4 syns.

L-3 egg ommlette with mushrooms, onion, bacon, reduced fat cheese-4.5, baked beans.
Creme egg-whoops-9.

T-chicken, roast pots and veges-carrots, parsnips and leeks (frylighted), cauliflower, brocoli, gravy-5.

Total syns so far-23.5.

Don't know whats gone wrong with me today just had another creme egg-9 syns!!
Thats 82.5 this week with just tomorrow to go. More than I've had so far on SW so will have to see what mondays WI brings. Will try not to have too many syns tomorrow. And NO MORE creme eggs!!!

I do yes!!! Only got 6 left now though. Really should try and limit myself to one a week but don't think thats going to happen!lol!!!
Think I'm just having a chocolate day-I'll blame it on the fertility meds!!

Sunday 15th may.

Coffee-hexA and 1.

Break at work-mullerlight, mineola, grapes.

L-2 small WM bread-hexB, lean bacon, tomato, lettuce, mayo-1.5.

T syn free shepherds pie, peas. tiny bit of cheese from DD's pie-1.

3.5 syns so far.Will try to keep it that way was its WI tomorrow.
Helen.xxx

So 86 syns this week.
WI tomorrow and I'm not feeling very optimistic TBH. I don't feel like I've lost any even though I've stuck to plan-in fact my belly looks bloated this evening-don't know whether its the plateful of shepherds pie or if it could be the medication.
Anyhow I'll know before 7am tomorrow. Just so hope that a gain or a sts don't put me off my stride.

Hi Helen - been catching up with lots of diaries that I've only been "stalking" for a while and finally popped in to say hello.
You are doing so well - so keep it up.

Having just read your diary through from the beginning, although your breakfasts are sometimes ok I would echo what Deternator said some time ago
I would also say try and have some food at brekkie , even if its just fruit and a yoghurt, its a good habit to get into and give you the energy you need to get through the morning

I'm one to talk mind, I struggle on breakfast too and usually just have 2 or 3 cups of tea and only 1/2 the time manage the fruit and yoghurt!

I feel just the same as you do today - we had griddled salmon for tea and I still feel stuffed. WI tomorrow too - and like you I'm not that hopeful.

Hi Pommette-come back and stalk anytime!Thanks for the advice, I can't eat first thing so tend to have my milky coffee then and some food an hour or two later-or around 10 am when I'm at work as I get up for 5.30 for that.

Unfortunately-despite sticking to the plan I gained 2 lbs this week. I can really only think that its the meds TBH.

Anyhow yesterday was a bit of a disaster-not because of the gain as I took that much better than anticipated but because of work.

So Monday 16th May.

Coffee-HexA and 1.
Break-cup of tea and tablets-no time to eat as a patient fell and I was the only qualified nurse for the ward due to sickness.
Lunch- was at 14.10 and I didn't fancy my bean chilli by then so had my breakfast things-alpen light, mullerlight, mineola, grapes.
Tea-fish and chips, mushy peas and scraps from the chip shop as I was hungry and knackered and wanted something quick and filling!!!!!!!!-think thats most of the weeks syns gone.
My plan for the rest of the week is a maximum of 6 a day.

I have been naughty.
Yesterday-tuesday 17th may

Didn't get a break at work so only coffee-hexA and 1, cup of tea and water until I got home at 3pm and had an alpen light walking to collect DD from school.
Tea was pasta salad with tuna, sweetcorn, cucumber, spring onions and orange pepper. 2 tbsp mayo-3 syns.
Then it all went wrong as we learned yesterday that our ward is 99% certain to be closed and we will have to move hospitals (unlikely to be feasible for me) or lose our jobs.
So I had half a tube of pringles and 12 jaffa cakes! Oh and 3 jelly babies!

Popped into work this morning and decided to get on the scales as haven't had breakfast yet-84.2 kg which is a little less than last weeks WI and over a kg less than this weeks so I'm really chuffed with my SP as it'll help me get back on the plan properly today.

Wednesday 18th may.

Coffee-hexA and 1.

Plan for lunch is ham salad I think though I have a cold and dont really feel like it so I may have scrambled eggs on toast and some fruit or bacon, egg, mushroom and tomato.
Tea will Be veg curry with a small amount of chicken and rice-thats all defrosting (hope it is veg curry in the unlabelled bag!!)

Saturday 28th May

Well I've been very naughty. Been completely off plan since my last post. I don't know whether it was the stress over work, the fertility meds or what but I went completely haywire in a very carbs way!!! Can't believe how much I've eaten to be honest.
However I am determined to try again as I was feeling so good. I also feel that with the work situation and that I am on my 2 week wait following an embryo transfer last saturday the only thing I have control over is my food intake.
So I have got my scales into the kitchen and got DD weighed to see how accurate they are-look about right and for me they mean I am 13-10. I may well pop into work this morning to see what I am on the work ones which are my regular WI scales but wont be for much longer. At least then I'll get a better idea of how much I've put on.
I also want to really cut down my food shopping costs and have 2 full freezers so need to eat out of them as much as possible so will probably use syns on some of these things rather than treats.
I feel quite inspired this morning and am going to buy the new SW when I go shopping.
Todays plan is
B-not sure-melon and grapes probably. Already had my coffee-hexA and 1 syn.
D-ham salad with new potatoes.
T-chicken casserole, mash and veg.

Just hope I can quickly get back into the groove of this because I was really enjoying it before.

Helen.xxx

Back