Canadian's Weight Loss Diary

208lbs this morning - 208.2, to be exact. I'd love to get under 200lbs this month!

Last night, as with every DD, I was fantasizing about all the delicious foods I'd eat the next day, LOL. But this morning I'm just not hungry. It's noon already and I haven't felt like eating yet so I guess today will either be a MD or another DD depending on how I feel later. I didn't do C25K this morning but I did do a bit of yardwork. It took a lot out of me so must have been a decent workout.

Update: OK, looks like today is going to be an UD after all, LOL. I've been eating healthy food but a lot of it. I'll probably be past my MD calories by the end of the day. But today was originally going to be an UD anyway so no worries.

Last edited:
Today's another DD. I kept busy during the day so didn't think about food much at all. Now it's evening and that's the real test. I'm always tempted to snack in the evenings and it's usually on bad things. But I'd love to see the scale move again tomorrow so will do my best to resist the temptation.

Today I've had:
Two slices of watermelon
A small bowl of strawberries with a bit of yogurt and some vanilla protein powder sprinkled on top

The protein powder really does seem to help curb my hunger. I never have an entire serving at once - usually I have 1/2 - 3/4 of a scoop. It still seems to do the trick. I'll likely have some sliced tomato and cucumber with a bunch of black pepper sprinkled on in a while and then call it a night.

Update: Had sliced tomatoes and celery. I've been eating a lot of tomatoes lately and was getting tired of them so put mustard on them today for something different. It was good. Strange, the things that will seem tasty on a DD!

Last edited:
Weighed in yesterday at 206lbs! Getting under 200 this month is seeming more feasible!

I'm not sure why the weight is coming off easier now than it was when I first started this. I'm exercising more but still not as often as I should. Maybe my DDs are lower than before. I didn't count UD calories then and I don't now but I don't think there's a drastic difference. The only thing I can think of is I've completely cut out Coke for the month. Whatever the reason, it's just nice to see the scale moving in the right direction!

Weighed in yesterday at 206lbs! Getting under 200 this month is seeming more feasible!

I'm not sure why the weight is coming off easier now than it was when I first started this. I'm exercising more but still not as often as I should. Maybe my DDs are lower than before. I didn't count UD calories then and I don't now but I don't think there's a drastic difference. The only thing I can think of is I've completely cut out Coke for the month. Whatever the reason, it's just nice to see the scale moving in the right direction!

Congratulations :)

Had another good DD today. I ate a bowl of tomatoes and cucumbers and had a 100 calorie yogurt. I've been sleeping late this week (not a habit I want to get into) and waking up later makes it a lot easier to eat fewer calories throughout the day. I need to step it up in the exercise department though. I've skipped my last two C25K workouts and I don't want to have to start at the beginning again!

I was reading about loose skin after weight loss today and it's made me kind of glad the weight is coming off slowly. I guess that's still not a guarantee I won't have loose skin but there's no use worrying about that at this stage. When I went from 220 to 180 five or so years ago I didn't have loose skin and I'm still a long way from 180. Although hopefully the next time I weigh in I'll be a little closer to 180!

Weighed in at 205.8 this morning! I'm so happy to be seeing a decrease every time I step on the scale lately.

I really do wonder if cutting out Coke is what made the difference because that's the only significant change I've made since I had trouble getting the scale to budge a couple months ago. I was only planning on giving it up for a month but I'll put some limits on how often I have it going forward. I was drinking it probably every second day before. I thought I "needed" it for my migraines but you know what? I'm doing just fine without it. A lot of times when I'm craving it I think I'm just thirsty! The other night I reaaaaaaally wanted some and almost gave in but I had a bottle of water instead and was actually satisfied.

Another good DD today.

Food:
A plate of celery, cucumbers, tomatoes, black olives and onions with a little low fat dressing
A 100 cal yogurt
3 or so cups of tea with about 50 calories worth of creamer
About 4 glasses of water

Exercise:
30 min

I've seen many articles on the internet about how diet drinks can cause weight gain. I won't link them here or the mod police will pop up ;) but if you google you can see the science behind it for yourselves. xx

Had another good DD today. I ate a bowl of tomatoes and cucumbers and had a 100 calorie yogurt. I've been sleeping late this week (not a habit I want to get into) and waking up later makes it a lot easier to eat fewer calories throughout the day. I need to step it up in the exercise department though. I've skipped my last two C25K workouts and I don't want to have to start at the beginning again!

I was reading about loose skin after weight loss today and it's made me kind of glad the weight is coming off slowly. I guess that's still not a guarantee I won't have loose skin but there's no use worrying about that at this stage. When I went from 220 to 180 five or so years ago I didn't have loose skin and I'm still a long way from 180. Although hopefully the next time I weigh in I'll be a little closer to 180!

I was near 15 stone when I started dieting and have had 10 pregnancies, including twins twice. I'm 52 and expected a ton of loose skin but I'm under 12 stone now and the only bit I have is a bit on my stomach from being pregnant so many times. It's only noticeable naked cos my knickers hold it in lol. I think if you exercise it will gradually go back.

Thanks ladybird777 and congrats on your loss! Also wow, 10 pregnancies and two sets of twins! Do you have identical twins?

I've heard the same about diet soft drinks. I actually switched to regular a while back because I didn't like what I'd read about aspartame...talk about trading one evil for another LOL. I have to say, I'm not missing my Coke much at all - only on the odd occasion. I'll probably limit myself to one a week going forward, if that.

I made the mistake of weighing myself today, the day after an UD. I know better than that! I'm hoping and expecting to see 204 on the scale tomorrow, or very close to it. Today it was 207 point something. Wish I hadn't looked, LOL! Do any of you weigh yourselves daily? If so, how much of a difference do you typically see between an UD and a DD?

I weigh daily and there is no rhyme or reason to the ups and down, I can go up after a dd and down after an ud, I famously put on more then 7lbs one weekend after 2 up days, but actually lost 2lbs on my weekly weigh in that week, I am going to continue with the daily weigh in, coz I find it interesting LOL

Twins are non identical. My grandmother had 4 sets so it runs in the family. I keep threatening my dd's with it lol. I am a daily weigher too and the ups and downs can be scary. I also find there is no rhyme nor reason to the scales. As long as the general trend is downwards you should be fine.

I weigh daily and there is no rhyme or reason to the ups and down, I can go up after a dd and down after an ud, I famously put on more then 7lbs one weekend after 2 up days, but actually lost 2lbs on my weekly weigh in that week, I am going to continue with the daily weigh in, coz I find it interesting LOL

LOL it is interesting! I was half a pound away from what I was hoping for this morning - weighed in at 205.4lbs. I can live with that...should be at 204 by the next weigh in! I went out for Chinese food today and it was nice to just enjoy it without feeling guilty. As long as I stick with my DDs - and don't get TOO carried away every single UD - it will all work out. :) Love the results I've seen so far and can't wait to lose more!

Twins are non identical. My grandmother had 4 sets so it runs in the family. I keep threatening my dd's with it lol. I am a daily weigher too and the ups and downs can be scary. I also find there is no rhyme nor reason to the scales. As long as the general trend is downwards you should be fine.

4 sets?! Holy cow! That's pretty cool. I'd love to have twins someday. It runs in my family too but not to the same extent as in yours by the sound of it!

Canadian i find it cool to track my average weight as well, coz then you can see the overall downward trend even if there are a few scale blips in there occassionaly

Yesterday was a DD. I had one slice of pizza and a grapefruit, so even with the pizza I still managed to stay on track. But the scale wasn't kind this morning! I haven't been drinking enough water the past few days so maybe that's the problem. I've decided to have a second DD today, partly because I didn't see the change I wanted and partly because it will be more convenient for me to have an UD tomorrow. Hopefully by the time I weigh in tomorrow my body will have gotten the memo about my DDs and I'll be under 205lbs!

I had another good DD - glad I decided to do it today. I made myself scarce during mealtimes so I didn't have to smell others' lunch/dinner! On DDs I like to hold out for as long as I can to eat and then have one bigger meal. So today I had:

About a cup and a half of coffee w/ creamer
Two cups of tea w/ creamer
A fair bit of water...lost count of how much
A plate of tomatoes, cucumbers and onion

I don't know what I'm going to do now that the garden vegetables are running out! Tomatoes and cucumbers have been my go to DD food for the past few weeks. I was just eating them so they wouldn't go to waste but it was nice to not have to think about what I'd eat and to be able to eat enough to feel full. I used to fill up on popcorn but the veggies have more food value. Going forward I guess I'll just see what's on sale at the grocery store's produce dept and stock up!

Back