Canadian's Weight Loss Diary

I have to post a little rant here because I bit my tongue and held off on saying it elsewhere today. Do those of you who are doing JUDDD (or any other diet, for that matter) ever feel reluctant to tell people because of the reaction you'll get? I've told exactly one person because I can't stand the way people react as though I'm anorexic or too stupid to make a decision about my own health. It would be different if I said "please, tell me your opinion of the plan I'm on and the acceptable amount of weight to lose per week and how many carbs I should eat and whatever the latest thing you've seen on TV is because if it's on TV of course we all know it's true!" But I don't. And they still feel the need to force their (sometimes baseless) opinions and unwanted advice on me. It drives me crazy!

Anyway, on a more positive note I'm about to head to bed. That means no last minute late night binging to ruin my good DD - which yes, is something I've been guilty of before. I'm really really hopeful for a good weigh in tomorrow although I'll try not to beat myself up about it if I don't see a big change. I feel like I ate a lot of food tonight since I ate the big plates of veggies so late in the evening, so who knows what that might mean numbers-wise. Either way, I know I did what I needed to today. If the results don't show up tomorrow then they should make an appearance next time, right?

Not gonna lie, I'm looking forward to an UD tomorrow. No plans to get too crazy with it...I'm just going to enjoy not counting!

I'm not sure but it seems like DD have been getting easier. It's almost like my body has gotten used to being a little hungry every second day. Before, I'd sometimes obsess about food all day long on DDs and feel famished. That hasn't happened in a while. I still get hungry in the evenings (which is why I try to save all or most of my calories until then) but I seem to be pretty good during the day. It's 3:30pm here, I've only had some coffee and water today and I can honestly say I haven't even wanted to eat.

No migraines for a while either, which is fantastic! I heard about a study on the news the other day that said obesity might play a part in people getting migraines. I've been fortunate enough to have pretty good health despite my weight but I'm really hopeful that the migraines might resolve themselves as I continue to lose weight. I don't think being overweight is the only reason I get them, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a factor. I suspect my hormones are a bit out of whack - likely due to the extra fat - and I do think that triggers my migraines sometimes.

Another DD done. I hope I didn't go over on my calories. I waited until evening to eat and it was no problem, but I didn't have a plan. I just nibbled on various leftovers that needed to be used up. I eyeballed the food and tried to guess as to the quantity and calories. Hopefully I was somewhat accurate. Next time I'll have a plan.

No loss on the scale this morning. Not too concerned...body probably just needs time to adjust. Will likely see a loss after my next DD.

I re-started JUDDD exactly 3 weeks ago today and during that time have lost 6lbs (hopefully 7lbs). I'm down 11lbs (hopefully 12lbs) since I've returned to this thread after my long, long hiatus.

I've been struggling with today's DD a bit, not because I'm hungry but because I've had to be around other people's food. I've managed so far to only have a big coffee with some creamer. In a little while I'll have some veggies but I'm trying to hold off for a few more hours and am filling up on ice water instead.

I've thrown myself into my work lately. I love what I do but it's completely sedentary - I think today a walk is in order to clear my head, have some balance and get some exercise. It will also keep me away from the fridge for an hour or two!

Not sure if I'll see the 100s this month or not. When I last checked I was at 205. I think 202lbs is completely possible before the end of the month...maybe even less. I'd love to be in the 100s as it's been way, way too long, but at the end of the day it doesn't matter if I see 199lbs on the scale on September 30 or October 6. The main thing is that I get there...and I will.

Today was supposed to be a DD but I woke up so hungry this morning. I drank some water and waited a few hours but at lunchtime my stomach was still growling and I was having trouble concentrating so decided I'll try for a DD tomorrow instead. Just wasn't feeling it today I guess. Will at least try to get a workout in today.

Today's DD is off to a much better start than yesterday's DD that never was. I've had a cup of coffee and am saving my calories for this evening. After today I'll have two more DDs in September and I want to make them count. It would be nice if I could drop another pound or two this month. I want to see the 100s in October for sure!

Update to add food for the day:
- Coffee w/ creamer
- 2 cups of chai tea w/ creamer
- Bowl of homemade veggie soup
- Mandarin orange

Last edited:
Ok've just read through your diary and you're doing amazing :) 6lbs is brilliant. Here's to seeing the 100's next month!

Thanks *Loulabelle* it's always nice to have encouragement. :)

The scale wasn't too kind this morning...still recovering from my three UDs in a row, ack!

I'm glad I finally clued in to how great coffee and especially tea are on DDs. I fill a nice big mug that holds 2 cups and it's almost as good as having hot soup. Today I've had 2 cups of coffee, 2 cups of chai tea and an entire can of spiced tomatoes. I've still got about 300 calories left for tonight. It's been cold and stormy here which always makes me want to eat bad things but so far so good. Tomorrow is supposed to warm up so I'm going to make some time to be outside. Other than that I've just been working like crazy - no wonder my social life is non-existent, LOL.

ooooh I know what you mean about cold stormy weather. theres nothing I like more than cosying up and having comfort food and hot choc... at least theres always an UD around the corner. you're doing fab... I think I may try and have a lot of tea today like you, it fills me up nicely too :)

My weigh in this morning was so disappointing. 208lbs on the nose! I was at 204 what, a week ago? I must be retaining water because there's no way my UDs could have done that much damage. This is what happened in July too - I lost a bit and then suddenly had trouble seeing results despite doing what I was supposed to. It's why I didn't have a loss in August - I got so frustrated that I stopped doing JUDDD for a bit. Will try to drink a ton of water tomorrow and hope for the next weigh in to be better. :(

Edit: I did the math and I'm probably just PMSing. Now I feel a bit better.

Whining aside, I had a good workout today. I added weights to my cardio. I wasn't sure it had done any good because I didn't feel anything all day long but tonight my arms are definitely stiff and sore in the good way. I love that feeling!

Last edited:
I find water is usually always the answer with any unexpected gain! Same issue with me today, had a DD yesterday but suddenly i'm up 3.5lbs?! water! haha. But the exercising you're doing will soon shift some weight too! need to do some of that myself :)

I hope so! I still need to do my workout for today. I ended up spending the afternoon at the lake reading. It was nice and relaxing and good because there's no food out there!

I don't expect people to support my weight loss, but I don't think it's too much to ask to not have them try to sabotage me at every turn. I'm so sick of my eating habits being under scrutiny when I visit family. Everything revolves around food and they take it very personally if you don't eat until you're stuffed. As a kid I developed very bad habits from the example they set, was seriously overweight by the time I was 6 or 7 and had no concept of portion control. It's difficult enough to not be tempted when there's all kinds of food being pushed on me. To have them criticize what I'm doing, tell me it's not a "real" diet when I try to explain it and accuse me of not being sociable on top of everything else is so frustrating. The nice thing about JUDDD is I can plan my UDs around what's going on, but it doesn't help when there's an extended visit.

Did 100 crunches and used the 5lb handweights for a while. My arms and upper stomach are sore so it must be having some effect! I only did about 20 minutes of halfhearted cardio...will have to step it up tomorrow.

Weighed in at 206.8 this morning. It's not the end to the month I was hoping for! At least the weight is coming off, but I do wonder why it's taking so long. I had 10-12 DDs this month and feel like overall I did well. Given my weight and the results I've seen others talk about, I would have expected more than a loss of a pound a week.

I suppose I can expect to see some changes on the scale now that I've added weights and strength training to my workouts. Muscle weighs more than fat. But it's still hard to not be disappointed, particularly when I saw 204lbs on the scale a week or so ago and have had a few DDs since then. I tried to drink plenty of water yesterday so I may just wait for er, nature to take its course and then hop on the scale again. Maybe that's sad and desperate of me but I don't care...I want to see a lower number, dammit! :D

Fingers crossed for your next weigh in. Have you taken your measurements? Or perhaps you have an item of clothing that you want to get into that you could use to monitor our inch loss. It might make you feel better if the scales are moving slowly to know that at least you are losing inches.

Back