Can't decide....

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Porgeous, 20 January 2008 Social URL.

1. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Hi all

Hoping for some pearls of wisdom. I am currently on 1000 plan and can't decide whether to call it a day on the weight loss side of my diet and continue up the plans and into maintaining or whether to try and lose some more and aim for a BMI of around 22/23. I know ultimately it is my decision but I change my mind on a daily basis and don't seem to know my own mind. One minute I think I am content with where I am, next I'm thinking oh if I could just get a little more off my tum and hips. Has anyone been in a similar situation who could share how they went about deciding??

Perhaps I just need a good slap or a talking to from my Mother!

Georgie
    x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi, firstly you have done fab!! Secondly I believe a lot of people stil lose as they work through the plans so maybe you will too. You cant dictate where you will lose weight from so if you continue to try to lose rather than work up the plans to maintenance you might never get the tummy or hips that you want anyway!

Porgeous likes this.
  4. Sambucca

Sambucca Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st0lb(43.9%)
    Diet:
    Gastric BYpass
    I think you look lovely in your current photo. what size clothes are you wearing now? as Kazz said, you may find you continue to lose a bit of weight as you work up the plans anyway. what do you weigh now and what would you need to get down to to be bmi 22/23?

Porgeous likes this.
  5. Time4ME

Time4ME MUST get a grip

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Maybe.... A wee bit of toning exercise might assist with specific areas... I found that when I was at goal and went lower it went in strange places rather than places I wanted it too...

Porgeous likes this.
  6. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Thanks both!

Currently weigh around 9st 6 on my scales which gives me BMI 24.9. Wearing a size 10 skirt (although some can still be a little snug) and a 12 top. To get to BMI 22 I would need to be 8st 4lbs or BMI 23 would be 8st 10lbs. I suppose I kinda want to continue to lose but have noticed beginning to feel more hungry of late and whether I could realistically maintain a lower weight??

Gx

7. Time4ME

Time4ME MUST get a grip

Diet:
    Cambridge
  8. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    I'm a short ar*e at 5ft 1 !!

9. Clarabel

Clarabel Full Member

Diet:
    CD
    You look like you need a good feeding ;) :D :D

You look great the way you are; maybe think of it in a couple of ways - see if you can lose more but if you can't maintain it then be happy with a range of BMI? (Does that make sense?)

Porgeous likes this.
  10. Time4ME

Time4ME MUST get a grip

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Maybe you could adjust your target to more of a range rather than a specific weight.... So you could re-set to be between x - y and then see how you feel?
    I would imagine target weight is a bit like the date they give you to have a baby - its just an idea not the exact thing? xxx

11. Bagpuss

Bagpuss Full Member

Diet:
    CD
    WELL DONE on reaching goal...you look absoutely amazing, and you've been inspirational to read on the forum. Good on you!!!

I reached goal back in September and had the same dilemma. At 3lb below my target (I too wanted rid of tum and hips) my face decided to get suddenly very drawn, so I had the choice between skull-head or living with my padding - I chose the padding!!!

I think the truth is that 'enough' is never really 'enough' with weight loss. If you lost another 7lb, or even another stone, you'd still be faced with the same dilemma - my BMI says I'm fine, but I still wish my bum/hips/tummy were that little bit smaller. For me, there was a bit of sadness, as well as joy, in reaching goal. It was like: so what do I focus on, now this epic journey is coming to its end? And if I've got here, I've lost the excuses for not living my life to full and loving myself properly that I always used in the past, how do I make sense of that on days when I still feel sad/down/unattractive/past it. It was a really strange period, and admitting I was HERE, I'd done it, and this was about as good as it was going to get, give or take a few pounds that no-one except me was going to notice anyway, was really tough. Unbelievable, but giving up 'dieting' was as hard, if not harder, than dieting itself.

Hey, I may be barking up entirely the wrong tree here - but just in case you recognise any of these feelings ... I think it's pretty normal to need to spend time thinking about the end of this, how you feel about it, your fears as well as positive thoughts. It's all part of the process of learning to live with your new body and new relationship with eating. Its hard work - but so worth it :)

Be gentle with yourself: lose a little more if you want to. As another poster said, going up the plans you'll lose a little more, in any case - why not 'come up' gently, now, and see how you feel at the end of the steps: you can always drop back down if you're not yet happy.

Lil K and Porgeous like this.
  12. SoonToBeGorgeous

SoonToBeGorgeous Loving the Cambridge Diet

Diet:
    Cambridge Plan
    Two weeks ago I started doing pilates with bands - the difference it has made to toning is quite incredible!
    Considering that I swim two/three times per week anyway, the pilates is fantastic.

Not that I have done anything over-strenuous either - I do the pilates whilst lying on the bed!! That is how easy it is and how effective!

Why not give it a go to help tone you further - not that you look like you need it to me - but you might be happier with yourself.

You look stunning Georgie!

Porgeous likes this.
  13. mummypower

mummypower Just call me Anne x

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(31.43%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    It must be difficult to know when to stop, I was thinking the same recently (what weight I will feel most comfortable at)
    You look great, and I guess it's down to personal choice, you have to follow your instincts.

I too am short at 4ft 11, and would be over the moon if I looked like you!:character00238:

Porgeous likes this.
  14. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

I think you look great as you are and like you I always planned to get just within my healthy BMI range but as I near it (well, still a way to go but it won't be too long hopefully) I'm now thinking I'd like to have a half stone buffer plus take into account the impact of glycogen reloading. So I think once I hit BMI25 I will lose an extra 10 lbs and then stop the weight loss. .......... but who knows what I will think when I get there

Porgeous likes this.
  15. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Thank you all so much for your help.

Bagpuss you have hit the nail on the head although perhaps I didn't realise until I read your post, especially is enough is never really enough. Like you quite rightly say, would anyone else really notice another 10lbs or so and what am I trying to achieve. Maybe it is a reluctance to bring this to its ultimate conclusion as that in itself it quite daunting. Need to snap out of that "just a bit more" mentality, similar thoughts to you Dancing, would be happy at BMI 25 but as you get nearer it becomes just that extra half stone!

As you all have said I will continue to lose a few more pounds in the process of working towards maintenance which is really sensible advice, thank you!!

Georgie
    xx

16. Time4ME

Time4ME MUST get a grip

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I think the fact that you have even questioned your thoughts is brilliant Georgie - well done for that as well!
    xxx

17. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Oh and I PROMISE to do some exercise and toning!! STBG - where did you find out what pilates exercises to do?

Thanks
    Gx

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. missymoo

missymoo Fed up of being fat

Diet:
    Cambridge
    You look fab G!! I think following maintenance and then seeing how you feel at the end of it and after you have been in your new body for a while longer ... you can always make the descision later on to shift a few more pounds if it was something you wanted to do?

20. Sweetpea

Sweetpea Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I think you look absolutely brilliant and have done great. I am always surprised at what sizes different people are though.

I am 5' 4.5" and also weigh 9 stone 6 and my BMI is 22.3. I take a size 8 or 10 in tops with a 10 bottom but I still have fat on my thighs, tummy and at the side of my knees that I want to get rid of so am continuing for now.

It is difficult to know what to do for the best as according to your BMI you are overweight yet you look fab to me. I guess it is down to how we feel individually as long as we don't go underweight according o the BMI and only we know what we look like in our naked glory.

21. dawnyblue

dawnyblue Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    AAah! Naked glory, that's a big thing.

people keep telling me I've done well and look great and seem surprised I have more to go. Clothes off is NOT a good look, I'm STILL not happy with my hubby seeing me naked, there's lots of belly that shouldn't be there.

only we know what we truly look like, BMI's and weights don't always count for much.

22. scotwannabethin

scotwannabethin Back to the grindstone!!

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.15%)
    Diet:
    W8 as need to lose so I can TTC!!!
    Well done Georgie and Like you I am just a "wee yin" at 5ft 1". Diamonds are smaller than bricks, my dear old dad always said!
    My BMI is just on the 25 and I am about to venture into management (doing LL). There are a few areas that I am not happy with on my body, I still have a bit of a belly and those dreaded bingo wings but I know that if I keep losing weight then I will probably never get the "problem" areas sorted out and I am pretty happy with what I see in the mirror, even if I don't always recognise her!!
    I think everyone is very different and I know that most of the folk I work with think I have taken it too far and are almost trying to force feed me!!!! lol They don't hear the "but I am only just in the healthy weight range" comments.
    I am 9stone on my scales at home and I have decided that I will allow my weight to fluctuate by half a stone and only worry when it gets about the 9stone 7lbs.
    Good luck in whatever you decide and you look wicked in that photo!!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.