Can't find quark!

summerrose

Where do I get quark? I can't find it in Asda or Tesco so I ordered it online with my weekly shop (from Asda) and it was unavailable!

I really wanted to make the 0.5 syn pancakes this weekend! Is there anything else I could use as a substitute?

I buy mine from Tesco, it should be with the soft cheeses :confused:

Sorry, can't help with the pancakes but I'm sure someone else will know.

I get mine from morrisons.

It's in sainsbury's be good to yourself range, it says british quark on the lid. Its in a round tub with a lid like the cottage cheese.

I usually find it where the cottage cheese is in my large store and with the marscapone and ricotta in the smaller branch.

Tesco have it too but its in a rectangular or square tub if I remember rightly.

I buy mine from Tesco, it should be with the soft cheeses :confused:

Sorry, can't help with the pancakes but I'm sure someone else will know.

I too get mine from tesco it was hard to find this week as they moved it next to cottage cheese. In sainsburys it should be with the soft cheeses like marscapone :)

You're probably best just to ask a member of staff if they stock it and where to find it. Some people seem to struggle getting hold of it because what stores stock will vary from place to place.

As for the pancakes - which recipe are you following as I haven't seen one with quark in it? It should be possible to substitute something else or there are recipes that don't include it.

Last edited:
I have never been successful in my hunt for quark, until the other day. I found it in a small sainsburys, with the soft cheeses, next to the cottage cheese, in a small 'Good For You' tub identical to cottage cheese, but just with Quark written on it.

I get mine from Tesco, some Asda shops do sell it, but not all of them, and Morrisons sell it as well.

Good luck in finding it.

I get mine from Sainsburys as well, with the soft cheeses but it does move along the shelf! I do have to look really hard for it, though as it is generally hidden away. A bit like their Be Good To Yourself Bacon!

Hi,

Tesco - Meadow Churn Quark 250G £0.70
Asda - Golden Acre Quark 250g £0.70
Sainsbury's - Sainsbury's Quark, Be Good To Yourself 250g £0.70

These are all located with cheeses, sometimes hard to spot!!

Hope this helps.

Morrisons are next to the cottage cheese, I didn't have any problem finding it. and is 70p same as the others.

Back