Cara's New JUDDDD Diary

I could have written those last few paragraphs myself. Lol. DH works shifts and I am so jealous of the days he has the house to himself. I hoover at night just so I can survey the tidiness for more than 5 mins. Lol.

Funnily enough, my diet stalled as I started the C25K. I found I was picking more and going off plan. Body must be telling me it wants more cals but the fat girl gene in me translates that to biscuit cals instead of summat nutritious.

Stoopid brain

We'll get there tho.

might just be the water-thing from exercising the muscles? Don't know the scientific word for it!!

Have you taken your meds yet? :) If not TAKE THEEEEMMMMMMM! If so, yay you!! xxx Just gone back on Prozac after missing it for 2 weeks and got a terrible night's sleep last night, but it'll be worth it when they kick in around day 10 and I have a day of 'I love the world and the world loves me'!!

Sometimes I want to phone in sick just to do the housework while everyone is out! How sad is that? DH has been ill off work the last few days with a trapped nerve in his neck and it's like a fricking crack den in the lounge, he's such a slob!

Aye to the water thing. And building muscle. Will get the tape measure out next week.

Started the meds yesterday. So far so good.

I took a few days' holiday once in my old job to read a book. Haha.

Week 3, Day 2 of C25K on way to work today. Hard slog cos it's mostly uphill and have to carry my bag with change of clothes. But survived.

Off to Aquafit tonight as mate wants to give it a go. Woop

I'm in total admiration of anyone who works & brings up kids - think I'm waaay too selfish to cope with that!

You're doing great with the C25K Cara, I'm sure increasing exercise must have an effect on weight - muscle weighing more than fat and all that. I remember once I got really into running (no dieting at all at that point) - over about 3 months I lost nothing but dropped a dress size!

Hope the meds kick in soon - as I said, must be so tough working full time and looking after a family, so really hope things start to get a bit easier for you x

emmster said:
I'm in total admiration of anyone who works & brings up kids - think I'm waaay too selfish to cope with that!

You're doing great with the C25K Cara, I'm sure increasing exercise must have an effect on weight - muscle weighing more than fat and all that. I remember once I got really into running (no dieting at all at that point) - over about 3 months I lost nothing but dropped a dress size!

Hope the meds kick in soon - as I said, must be so tough working full time and looking after a family, so really hope things start to get a bit easier for you x

Aww thanks Emmster. I had kids late in life (well 32) so I was pretty much set in my ways being footloose and fancy free so was a big shock to the system. I never really had a longing for kids either.

DD today but don't feel like I did my UD justice so feeling ripped off. Lol.

Having up weekend tho. Tried and failed to do double up days. Got surprise visit from aunt flo so that may account for the sts too. Might affect next weigh in too so might wait to weigh.

Sooo looking forward to a lie in tomorrow

So day 4 of the meds and 11,7 on the scales. 4lb off on the scales! Woop. And I still need a poo. Ha. Feeling pretty euphoric. Hope it lasts.

Having a up weekend. It's a training day at work in Fri so I'm off. Kids at school/childminder and hubby off. Sooo going to have ud then so we can have a date day. For the first time in yonks. Years even.

So plan
Mon - d
Tue - u
Wed -d
Thur -d
Fri - u
Sat - see what happens. Controlled if poss
Sun - see what happens

Many thanks cara and lou for making me actually guffaw out loud :-D

Hows the running going farty pants ;-) ?! Xx

Haha. Week 4, day 2 done n dusted. Day 2 is a killer cos I do it on the way to work. It's 7am. It's dark. Raining. And uphill!! And to top it off I forgot my hairbrush. Haha. Hair back in a plait to attempt some smartness. It's still dripping tho. (Lovely showers here, no hairdryers).

Feeling pretty fab tho. Exercise endorphins and meds kicking in. Just in time for half term. Woop

halfangelhalftart said:
Haha. Week 4, day 2 done n dusted. Day 2 is a killer cos I do it on the way to work. It's 7am. It's dark. Raining. And uphill!! And to top it off I forgot my hairbrush. Haha. Hair back in a plait to attempt some smartness. It's still dripping tho. (Lovely showers here, no hairdryers).

Feeling pretty fab tho. Exercise endorphins and meds kicking in. Just in time for half term. Woop

Babe u sound like a totally different person, amazing progress well done! This is why exercise is a winner, even though the rain attempted to drown u u are still smiling (i can see you are!)
Endorphins, feelings of self worth, getting fitter, burning flab...BOOM!! Very impressed little lady, be proud of yourself, your turning your life around! Xxx

I think a lot of us are. You seem to have made a big step in your mindset too.

Anyhoo.. Been an ok week. Wanted today as Ud so had Mon, Wed and Thur as dd. Thur dd was ok as busy. Had boiled egg before set off, an orange for lunch and then a jam tart before bed. Ds2 had saved it for me specially and it sat there calling me. I was pretty famished but couldn't be arsed to cook by time got home. I figured it would give my stomach summat to sleep on.

Expected to wake famished. But no hunger at all. Plan was to go for a meal with DH as no work and boys at school. We never get child free time. So we went to one of our old dating haunts. It was chocca so got summat quick. Gorgeous hot beef stottie n chips. But I only managed a quarter of it!! No fair! My belly isn't used to food before 5pm. Even on up says I just snack rather than a meal til tea time.

Anyhoo, got weighed this morn: 11st 4oz. That's 3lb off since last Sat ( Sat, Sun,Tue UD, Mon, Wed, Thur DD)

Today hasn't turned into the Up Fest I thought it would . Apart from the dinner, had a salted caramel mocha at Starbucks and a piece of iced sponge cake and two slices of buttered toast. So still probably an Ud cals wise.

So up early tomorrow for C25k week 4, day 3 then off to hair apt. Then to town to try some sports bras. I've def lost some inches so need a fitting.

Then a lazyish day I think. Well as lazy as it can be with 2 boys. Ha.

Sunday: take boys to my mam's then soft play then food shopping.

Half term nxt week so hope stay on track. Will have to fit runs in on DH's days off so might have to do 2 days in a row. Eek.

halfangelhalftart said:
It's been snowing. Can I run in snow??

Where! Where!

I'm in Newcastle. It's just frosty this morning. Some of the cars have a light dusting.

I'm of to do Week 4, day 3 of C25K. Dunno what I'm gonna do when weather's too bad... :eek:(

halfangelhalftart said:
I'm in Newcastle. It's just frosty this morning. Some of the cars have a light dusting.

I'm of to do Week 4, day 3 of C25K. Dunno what I'm gonna do when weather's too bad... :eek:(

Run indoors in a gym or treadmill?
When I used to run I lovd it frosty! I must have been mad! Lol

Back