Step 1 Sole Source + Carb Junkie Going Cold Turkey

So the epic weekend began with the following last night:
Fillet steak with a rich wine and garlic sauce and chips
A birthday cupcake
One lovely soft double chocolate cookie

And then today:
A bacon and creamcheese bagel
3 pork ribs, a small amount of pulled pork, a cup of chili and chips

I have been trying to keep up the water allowance but liquid doesn't really fit in my stomach with all the food.

I am not sure if it's a diet day tomorrow or not. We have rescheduled our duck pancakes until then as we got last minute concert tickets to Boyce Avenue for this evening...we shall see...

Sent from my LT26i using MiniMins.com mobile app

I've been on the CD or 3 weeks! My third weigh in is on Tuesday :)
loosing weight steadily so far,
had a bad cheat weekend last week SOCIAL EVENTS WILL BE MY UNDOING, but still lost 1.3kg.. about 2lb I think??
I haven't got a whole lot of weight to lose but im feeling so much more comfortable in my skin!
I have been 100% CD this week and feeling less obsessed with my next meal etc
Yesterday I had one shake the whole day and wasn't hungry ( I know that's bad, but I was super busy and really didn't want to break my good week by getting takeout). I then took my sister to the one direction concert in the perth arena, and I reaaaallly craved a slushy. But I didn't, so hi fives for me haha

Today I am really craving salted peanuts, or just salt infact, I had one of the soups for lunch as they taste salty to see if it would curb my craving, but its still stuck with me! So im going to make myself my fourth black coffee for the day to stop me from thinking about it..

Fay, I have caught upon all youre posts kudos to you! Youre amazing!
I love your recipe page too (saved in my favourites) for when im lacking inspiration!
My boyfriend want to have a bbq at mine tonight with somefirends so I think im going to have to chargrilled chicken and tzatziki recipe so I don't feel like im missing out!
You are a huge inspiration for me, you and youre wife hve done really well!!

Lauraxx

Last edited:
Hi Laura!

Social events are really difficult for me as well....but it's all for a good cause! Congrats on getting to the end of week 3!

I've been on the CD or 3 weeks! My third weigh in is on Tuesday :)
loosing weight steadily so far,
had a bad cheat weekend last week SOCIAL EVENTS WILL BE MY UNDOING, but still lost 1.3kg.. about 2lb I think??
I haven't got a whole lot of weight to lose but im feeling so much more comfortable in my skin!
I have been 100% CD this week and feeling less obsessed with my next meal etc
Yesterday I had one shake the whole day and wasn't hungry ( I know that's bad, but I was super busy and really didn't want to break my good week by getting takeout). I then took my sister to the one direction concert in the perth arena, and I reaaaallly craved a slushy. But I didn't, so hi fives for me haha

Today I am really craving salted peanuts, or just salt infact, I had one of the soups for lunch as they taste salty to see if it would curb my craving, but its still stuck with me! So im going to make myself my fourth black coffee for the day to stop me from thinking about it..

Fay, I have caught upon all youre posts kudos to you! Youre amazing!
I love your recipe page too (saved in my favourites) for when im lacking inspiration!
My boyfriend want to have a bbq at mine tonight with somefirends so I think im going to have to chargrilled chicken and tzatziki recipe so I don't feel like im missing out!
You are a huge inspiration for me, you and youre wife hve done really well!!

Lauraxx

A summary of yesterdays food:
Cream cheese bagel
Tin of heinz meatballs in tomato sauce
An oxo
Half a duck (with pancakes, spring onion, sauce etc.)
Hot and sour soup

I think the 2.5 days of binge eating has really taken it's toll as I have been feeling pretty sick all day from overeating. This is the first time I have broken the diet more than a little bit and I made the mistake of thinking that I could eat the same quantity of food that I could previously. Rather than eat in moderation I just ate what I did before the diet and I am pretty much regratting it now. I am not reagretting it "THAT" much as I enjoyed myself and the break was worth it, I am just regretting not being sensible about it. I have learnt my lesson for next time though!!!!!

Challenge this week is to get through the next 3 days and hope for a stay the same!!!

I am feeling somewhat better after it has taken a full 24 hours for the volume of food to leave my stomach! It's like being back on day one all over again. I have been feeling a little hungry this evening but nothing a SS+ meal didn't take care of but my wife and I both have a minor headache. I expect worse is yet to come!

I was feeling so ill earlier that I thought I would be sick if I had any breakfast so I didn't have my first product. I am wondering if that was a good idea or not but I really did feel so rough I expected to throw it right back up (lovely imagery there for all you avid readers). So it's not been a perfect start to day 1 but at least I made it through in one piece and back on track.

Bring on day 2....

Now I am basically back on day 2 again I thought I would go through my routine (as I can't remember how much I have gone into it previously) and why it works so well for me. It's taken me a long time and many failed diet attempts to realize that being on a diet is an incredibly personal thing, it's only since starting the Cambridge Diet this second time around (I failed back in January to last more than 2 weeks) am I starting to really pay attention to other peoples weight loss journeys and their struggles and how they are being overcome as well as my own.

So I start off the day by getting up around 8:30 and manage a quick turnaround to leave my flat between 9 and 9:15 in order to get to work before 9:30. I always intend to have my breakfast product when I arrive at work but usually I end up spending an hour or so in meetings or investigating a production issue so that tends to mean I have my first lot of water between 10 and 10:30 depending on the day. If it's a day when I feel particularly hungry I will have my lemon bar for breakfast but most of the time I just have a shake. I used to make sure I had drank 0.5L of water before my first shake but that hasn't been happening so recently but I do really need to get back into that habit!

My aim is to have drank about 1L of water by 12/1ish as that gives me enough time to have another 1-2L before it's time to go home for the day as I don't tend to drink much the later in the day it gets. It's not really a conscious decision to have less when I get home but I always find that when at home I drink less so I try and make sure I have enough in the day to compensate.

Lunch times vary, about 90% of the time I wait until about 2ish to have my second shake. There are quite a few times in the past 3 months I have had to turn down team lunches but my colleagues seem to accept my decision and I joke that one day I will be on real food again and then I will go with them. If any of my work friends are going to the canteen rather than out of the office to eat I will tend to go with them and sit with my bottle of water so I am not left out of EVERYTHING. Other times a few of us might go for a walk around the shops which is good because then on the way back they can pick up their lunch to eat at their desk and my diet doesn't get in the way at all!

Depending on the stress levels from earlier in the day I might take my coffee break in the afternoon and most of the time I will have my water while other have their tea or coffee just because I don't like coffee without sugar or milk so I tend to just skip it all together at the moment. If it has been a really really bad day I do have a can of coke zero and depending on which consultant you have that's either permitted or not. My consultant asks me not to have it other than maybe a "treat" on occasion as it's quite contested on whether you are allowed it because it doesn't contain the citric acid like diet drinks and I reserve these for either if I am going out for a social event or I am having a really bad work day.

And finally we reach the end of the work day! Woohoo! This is usually around 5:30 for me but I can leave at 5 if I feel like I have achieved a decent amount that day. I'm lucky in that it's about the quality of my work rather than putting in the face time. On the other hand if there is something outstanding that I really want to get done I have been known to stay as late as needed to get it done. I have made the mistake of leaving product number three at home and then ending up staying really late and being really hungry until I got home so now I make sure I bring all three for a day with me. Most of the time I have my third product either when I am walking home (if it's the bar I have left to have that day) or when I get in. I tend to get the bus in the mornings so I get that extra 10 minutes lay in but more often than not I will walk home.

That's basically the bit of my day I have under a routine, the evenings are a bit messy and where I really struggle (that and weekends). Pretty boring read I'm sure.

Wasn't boring :) nice to read about other peoples days and routine while in such an extreme life changing process. You are doing really well :D I completely understand the weekend boredom these are the hardest days for me!

13.3 start weight 11.2 right now and going inwards and onwards! x

I have decided to create a mini-goal list to update and cross off:

Ultimate Goal: Reach a size 14 trouser size

Mini Goals:
[STRIKE]Lose 1 stone[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]Lose 2 stone[/STRIKE]
Lose 3 stone
Lose 4 stone
Lose 5 stone
Lose 6 stone
Lose 7 stone

[STRIKE]Reach the 16s[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]Reach the 15s[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]Reach the 14s[/STRIKE]

Reach the 13s
Reach the 12s
Reach the 11s
Reach the 10s
Reach 10 stone!

[STRIKE]Reach size 20[/STRIKE]
Reach size 18
Reach size 16

Weight less than 200lb
Have a visible collarbone
Only have one chin
No longer have what my wife calls "a pouch"

Last edited:
Well done!

13.3 start weight 11.2 right now and going inwards and onwards! x

I don't know what it is about being out after midnight that makes you seriously have the munchies!!!! It might be that good old kebab after a night out habit but we weren't even drinking! We managed to resist. The only thing that helped was for Nic and I to tell ourselves we would be happy about it in the morning. It was a lose lose situation really. Either we eat which is lose really, or don't eat and really really want to and feel grumpy about it. We did not have the kebab and chips like we were craving so that's 7 day's at 100% again now.

On another note we were both trying on some clothes to decide if they were to go on the "too big", "too small" or "currently fit" pile and there were are a few promotions :) kind of put the almost take away into perspective.

I had my last week of exams ever for
My degree (to be a registered nurse) and this weekend I seriously fell off the band wagon - lots of alcohol and my grandma made a celebratory roast dinner (with roasted potatoes, carrots, cabbage, pumpkin, sweet potato galore and loads of gravy) then had a dessert which to be fair was a "clean recipe" but still not permitted on SS+
So I won't be surprised if weight loss in minimal or negative this week- though I don't think I mind because It was after all my last exams ever! So that's okay with me- although I feel terrible because I overate!

One thing I have noticed today is how loose my jeans are on me- they are relatively new and I am constantly pulling them up and there's a gap at
The back of them ! Yay!

I'm going to geraldton for 2 weeks for my last practical rotation at the hospital there, so I'm flying and taking my two weeks worth of CD supplements with me- so I'm sure (well hoping ) that Ill see some significant weight loss after those two weeks!

I love reading your blog Fay and I have used several of your recipes! Definitely not boring !!

Laura xx

I had my last week of exams ever for
My degree (to be a registered nurse) and this weekend I seriously fell off the band wagon - lots of alcohol and my grandma made a celebratory roast dinner (with roasted potatoes, carrots, cabbage, pumpkin, sweet potato galore and loads of gravy) then had a dessert which to be fair was a "clean recipe" but still not permitted on SS+
So I won't be surprised if weight loss in minimal or negative this week- though I don't think I mind because It was after all my last exams ever! So that's okay with me- although I feel terrible because I overate!

One thing I have noticed today is how loose my jeans are on me- they are relatively new and I am constantly pulling them up and there's a gap at
The back of them ! Yay!

I'm going to geraldton for 2 weeks for my last practical rotation at the hospital there, so I'm flying and taking my two weeks worth of CD supplements with me- so I'm sure (well hoping ) that Ill see some significant weight loss after those two weeks!

I love reading your blog Fay and I have used several of your recipes! Definitely not boring !!

Laura xx

Congratulations!!! Amazing achievement. I would definatly have done the same in your shoes. You can't put your life on hold completely for this diet so long as you are managing to get back onto it. I wouldn't feel bad about it in anyway, you had a good time....draw a line under it and carry on :) I am prone to over eating as well but sometimes it's worth it - I just need to keep telling myself that daily or even weekly (in my case) is not...!!

Great news on the jeans as well :)

How are you doing being basically back on day 1 again?

I'm doing well!
Thought I'd have withdrawals but I didn't so I'm stoked!
My boyfriend and I are doing it together so it can be a great thing as we are there to support each other and also a bad thing because we aid each others cravings haah make excuses between each other ! Haha
But he lost 4kg in his first week (this week) and is very stoked!
I was +500gm- but I expected that after my weekend haha

I have to get my two weeks worth of shakes on friday so she'll weigh me again- hopefully that 500gms is gone !

Right now tucking into my SS+ approved chicken curry/laksa :) it's delicious!

Hope you're well :)

I'm doing well!
Thought I'd have withdrawals but I didn't so I'm stoked!
My boyfriend and I are doing it together so it can be a great thing as we are there to support each other and also a bad thing because we aid each others cravings haah make excuses between each other ! Haha
But he lost 4kg in his first week (this week) and is very stoked!
I was +500gm- but I expected that after my weekend haha

I have to get my two weeks worth of shakes on friday so she'll weigh me again- hopefully that 500gms is gone !

Right now tucking into my SS+ approved chicken curry/laksa :) it's delicious!

Hope you're well :)

I am well...it's not very busy at work today so I am trying to fill it with other things. I just read your recipe for curry and have a question....how did you get the sauce to thicken just by steaming off....when I ty and do the same because the sauce is basically just water and spices all it is doing is evaporating water...and water doesn't thinken by itself...???

It doesn't really thicken unfortunately which is why it's more of a laksa kind of thing. It still tastes nice though, you can boil it down a bit so there is less of the soupy-juices but It doesn't go thick.

Unless you blended the spinach? Hmm I wonder if that would work to create the illusion it was thicker ?

It doesn't really thicken unfortunately which is why it's more of a laksa kind of thing. It still tastes nice though, you can boil it down a bit so there is less of the soupy-juices but It doesn't go thick.

Unless you blended the spinach? Hmm I wonder if that would work to create the illusion it was thicker ?

I have been googling some alternatives and will create a new thread about it later....some possible options....

Back