Carole and Charlies joint diet plan

scotconnect

Hi everyone
Thought i would start posting as started on Dukan 9 days ago with 5 days on Attack and now on cruise. So far Ive lost 4 pounds and hubbys lost 10 pounds. However we have a slightly different perspective as we are both disabled. I have rheumatoid arthritis and Charlie had a stroke a few years ago which has left him with reduced mobility. We both can walk but ...very slowly!
So far we have not done any exercising. I am hoping if we loose some more weight we might feel more able to do it. I was thinking of getting an exercise bike and trying that. has anyone else had physical problems with exercise.
i started at 13.2 /12 and have to get down to 10.9. Much more realistic than weight watchers:)
Some great recipes on here as well!

Hi Carole and Charlie and welcome! This is a great diet plan. I've got sciatic issues which make it more difficult to do certain exercises - sometimes even walking is painful - but I think the point is, whatever you can do in the way of exercise then do it. Don't feel you must run a marathon or spend an hour at the gym. An exercise bike might be good, it's low impact so not too jarring on the old joints. You don't want to do anything to hurt yourselves so just do what you can. Remember, losing weight is 70% diet and 30% exercise (at least I think those are the numbers) so just enjoy the diet, and there are some fabulous recipes here and elsewhere - and if you give it some thought I'm sure you can 'Dukanise' some of your favourite recipes, too!

Congratulations on your losses so far and good luck! :)

Hi there and welcome to Dukan! I love the plan as it's quite a sociable way to eat plus husband is doing it and (he's lost 30 lbs since start date) so makes it easier in the kitchen when we are both eating the same. I'm sure you will both feel more mobile when you shed even a few lbs and so tons of good luck with the exercise bike and Dukanering :)

Cheers for now, Saska x

Hi Carole and Charlie glad you've found Dukan and the forum - look forward to reading more about you both :)

Welcome carole and charlie, you've chosen well. This diet is great good luck x

Back