CarolineM's new improved diary

No worries - I was kind of taking the Michael out of myself hence the :p

I've got that craving hunger at the mo - it strikes about this time. What is weird is that I crave protein. I tend to crave protein more than anything else. Was a nightmare when I was trying to do Cambridge.

I bet it was ... I assume you've tried Atkins etc then xx

Yeah, I did great on Atkins and then a doctor put me off doing it - you know I may just go back to it during the winter months.

There's a variation of it - I realise you probably know all about it - called 'Nerys & India's Idiot Proof Diet'. I don't know if there's a forum for it on here I haven't looked, but it has its own. I had some success on that a couple of years ago. x

It's basically high protein/low carb. If memory serves me it's much easier on the veggies & stuff than Atkins.
You'd enjoy the book I'm sure. Neris Thomas is a writer and is very witty. If you google it don't get confused with the 'fat loss 4 idiots' stuff. The forum is pig2twig.co.uk I just had a quick look and it's completely different from when I was on it so your on your own there! ;)
If protein is your 'thing' I'd say it's worth considering personally xx

I'm back :D

Just had one of those bad naughty moments and lost the plot.

But hey, starting again :D

Here's to a great day :D

At last a 100% day. Okay, I really want to make a big effort to get to the 18 stone mark.

It is going to be tough this week as we are going to a BBQ work hubby's work party whatnot on Saturday - I so love BBQ - all that burnt flesh :p I'm hoping they have lots of salad so I can fill up on that. Also hoping they have better options than fatty burgers and sausages - fingers crossed :D

As I've said elsewhere - loving that attitude!

I'm sure the BBQ will have something suitable, well done you for getting back on track and for the 100% day :) xx

Well done on your 2lbs Shep xx :)

Thanks Jan :)

The sun is out today and I want to do a load of washing so fingers crossed it stays out ;)

Are you allowed those chicken bites - think they are Mattisons or some such make? Figure if you want something quick, some of them on a bed of salad may do the trick.

How's the own growing going? My tomatoes still appear small and have no trusses on them yet. Chillies and peppers are also tiny. Lost my cucumber to mildew :( Even the thyme and curry plants have died in that heat we had week or so ago. It's a tough world and there are always casualities :p

Hope you got your washing dry! It's nice now but I have no idea what it's been like all day coz I've been in bed.

All the things I planted are coming up - the salad leaves have been thinned out but need doing again. The courgettes and beans have 1 group (not the right term I'm sure ;)) of leaves each. What I'm finding surprising is how slowly the herbs are coming through! I don't know why but I had the impression herbs grew like weeds. There's just a few tiny leaves poking through the soil and it looks like half of them aren't coming thro' at all. There's basil, chives and coriander.

I think it may have something to do with when I planted them because I planted a couple of courgettes and beans in a trough with my grandson about 2-3 wks after I'd planted mine. the next time he came he wanted to see how they were doing and I said they wouldn't be through that quickly as mine had only just poked thro' ... I was amazed to see they were juuuuust at the surface! Probably to do with that nice week we had. You can hardly tell the difference between them now!!

I'll have a look at those chicken bites I'm not sure about them but good idea - thanks. I think I know the ones you mean in a little bag. They'd have been ideal coz i could have just grabbed the bag and run! I didn't have time for the salad - I grabbed a piece of turkey and ate a nectarine over the sink Lol!

Hope the weather stays nice for you guys awake during the day ;) (unlike us vampires :)) xx

I chickened out on the washing hehe!

Diet gone to pot again but I've been shopping and got organised. I'm going to sit down and remind myself why I'm doing this again. Sometimes it all just seems so difficult!

Herbs - the herbs you are growing require lots of nice bright sunshine. I have two lots of them growing - one set in direct sun on the window sill and one set on a table nearby - the ones on the window are massive in comparison to the table ones. Also helps to pot them on early as they like space. I need to do lots of repotting tomorrow - got five tomatoes and two chillies that need bigger pots. I've given up on grow bags as the slugs seem to love them so going for pots.

I'm sure you will be able to have the chicken bites - I had them occasionally when on Cambridge as I needed extra protein - they are not too bad on the carbs to be honest and don't remember them being high in fat. Seem to think the salt may be a little wild but not getting much salt from anything else!

I'm finding myself pondering why one of my cat insists on trying to sleep on my keyboard when there's a nice plump cushion just next door to it!

Ah well - you probably have to touch him more often when he's on the keyboard!

Thanks for the tip re herbs - they do get sunshine (when there is any) but mainly in the morning. Maybe I'll move them ....... hmmmm

They're too tiny to do anything with at the mo I think but I'll bear in mind what you said. I don't know much (you may have gathered ;)) xx

Weather makes a big difference - the warm soil helps. As long as they are growing who cares - you can keep them going all year if inside and crafty ;)

Not sure about the BBQ tonight - don't feel like going. Thinking of having a BBQ at home instead hehe

Good Idea - at least then you can just have what you want. Hope you enjoyed whatever you did. xx

Back