Step2 810kcal Carrie's step 2 68kg

Thanks Enough, I remembered what you said about not overdoing it so lunch was always a salad. To be fair I had some awesome salads ( no creamy sauces) :) but dinner I had a little of whatever I fancied.

much of that 5lbs will be water - let's smash this! One. hour. at. a. time! if needs be! X

Hey foofighter. Pleased you had a good time, don't feel bad, it was your holiday. But honestly, that weight will mainly be water, once you get going again you'll see how quick it comes off.
I've got my weigh in this morning and not looking forward to it. It was my mums 60th birthday last weekend, so we all went out. Plus all the blooming Easter eggs around!! Excuses excuses I know, he he, hoping I've not done much damage.

What fascinates me is how utterly impossible it is to stay away from easter eggs when my head's in the wrong frame of mind, and how easy it is when im in the zone!?!

Everything is impossible when I'm not in the zone, it is strange isn't it how something can just click and you then feel positive.
Well 1lb gain, not bad considering what I've eaten. Hey ho. Onwards and upwards as they say.

I need to find a way of staying in the zone far more of the time! It's all about state of mind, self care rather than self criticism, and finding ways to remember what matters to me... somehow...

2lb lighter this morning thank you water weight! I even went to a party yesterday and had a slice of homemade quiche and a glass of wine. Sweets I can leave well alone, savouries not so much :confused: must stay more focused!

Yeah I'm the same, ready to criticise myself or think I'm a failure more like. This isn't easy, we need to go easier on ourselves. We are human after all.
And being thinner and healthier matters more to me than food but when something good is staring right at you, I'm not sure how to stay focused!!
We can do this!!!!!

Hi. I started STEP 2 two weeks ago and would say I'm struggling more now than I did on sole source. I have lost 3 Half stone and ideally like to lose another 2 stone. I have used all the recipes from the app but my favourite is plain chicken with courgettes and mange tout. Bizarre! I would say I battle everyday but am determined to get to my goal weight. Can the mix a mousse be eaten freely?

Firstly well done on the 3 1/2 stone, that's amazing! I think when you put food back into the equation it is harder. On sole source you don't have to think about anything, it's all done for you. Do you like eggs? You could make a frittata ( without potatoes) with the vegetables or a spicy chicken salad ( just check the seasoning doesn't have sugar in )

Definitely agree, I do find ss hard as I just want everything, but on step 2, as soon as you do add food, it becomes a completely different ball game.
I am struggling again now, I have been naughty all weekend, and with already putting on that lb last week, this weeks weigh in is scaring me.

I honestly think that managing our emotions is the hardest and most important part of all of this.. I'm struggling a bit this morning (ok, a lot), but ive decided to observe my feelings with kindness this morning.
The physical sensations in my belly and elsewhere
The thoughts in my mind
The emotions
The urges to behave in certain ways..
I'm really keen to observe without being mean to myself. I've started using the 'headspace' website and it's definitely helping.. Have a look - it's lovely..

Hey I put on 5lb over a week :oops: 1lb is not unreversible ! changing habits takes a while. Don't concentrate so much on the scales but the little victories... the stuff you DID refuse, the times you stopped yourself eating the whole thing. Weekends are very hard. Can you make up a nibble box of cooked chicken cucumber stuff you like. Then instead of going to the chocolate get stuff out of the nibble box? The chocolate mint bars or the lemon bars are good for a sweet tooth x

I do generally have the lemon and mint choc bars. I could chop some of them up and put them in a pot and nibble on those throughout the day, having 4 Cambridge meals a day would be much better than snacking on rubbish.

I'm not very happy today. As you know I am struggling on STEP 2 but have stuck to it religiously. Drunk 3 litres or more of water, and cycled 13 miles on Saturday - only to get weighed this evening to find I've stayed the same and my waist has gone up an inch!!!! I am constipated and normally sh*t a brick but haven't so blame the lack of weight loss on this. Please tell me everyone else feels like I do or is it just me?

Have you tried psyllium husks? I love them and they make pooing very easy :) my consultant recommended them .. I like the capsules and not the powder x

Back