Cathys Dukan diary

I dont really know whats going on with me at the moment. I had a flare up of IBS at the weekend. I used to have it pretty regularly, then the last few weeks I've noticed it now and then, that crampy gassy , bloated feeling, then on Friday I felt unwell, headache, nausea etc then saturday I felt worse, and yesterday pretty rotten really and its definitely IBS back. I am wondering if too much dairy could have made it worse, I know for me personally to much fruit & veg makes it worse, but I was on PV days and had broccoli and tomatoes and onions with my meals and I think all together along with dairy, they arent a good idea.
I'm not too bad today, yesterday I went easy on the veg, well didnt have any lol.
So anyway not sure what to do about PV days now, it scared me a bit, but I am definitely not having so much dairy, but I had decided that last week, and probably will just have it in muffins or quiches/galettes.
I will cut the wheat bran out for a bit too, as mine seems to be if I have fibrous foods, it used to be bad with pulses ets. The GP said when she diagnosed me with it that when I have a flare up to cut down on fibre. I think it must have been a bug or virus or something that triggered it off, because its usually stress , but havent had it for ages then all of a sudden ...., I think it would have been better if I had had the flare up before I had the PV days though lol.
Anway back to PP days ,and will figure out PV days on Friday.

oh hon IBS is awful. Maybe its the oatbran too? anything really fibre used to set me off. and tomatoes always do.
what did you used to do before about veg? maybe its having no veg then all of a sudden having some thats making it bad.
I do hope you are much better and can work something out x

Ii cant remember TBh, Ive always had it and just thought it was the way I was,and I was eating veg going along with the guidelines for IBS which is to eat more fibre. But it made me worse , and the GP said they used to say that but now have found its more complex and you sort of have to find what works best for you. Tomatoes do for sure for me, also kidney beans and pulses, broccoli, cabbage, the usual things, apples are another that get it going, but before Dukan I was having a lot of roast root veg done in the oven, potatoes, squash,sweet pots, which dont seem to affect me. of course cant have tatties on here, and I'm not really fussed TBH. I dont want to cut out the oatbran, its beneficial. So just need to get over this hurdle then not eat too much veg in the weekend, or actually have a pv day through the week so all my veg isnt being eaten at once.
I used to eat a lot of crackerbread and cup a soups I think. And laughing cow light

hey cathy hun i do hope u fell better soon ,my mum has ibs and when she is bad she is bad !!!!!!!!!!!!!

much better today, though still feeling a bit bloated, but stepped oin the scales and I am a lb less than I was on Friday, so at least its going down wards. Dh is away tonight so am just going to change the bed lol, I can have a lovely pampering bath tonight with lots of my goodies and an early night. Lol, I'm looking forward to him not being here but I will probably not be able to sleep or something, or I will hear lots of strange noises and be spooked lol.

I did some research on IBS on the French forums yesterday, then completely forgot to come back here. Anyway, they were advising people not to have the wheatbran, just the oatbran. So you can still have your galettes.

Can I ask also re sweetener? Do you eat/drink much of it? It's something we've been discussing also this morning over there, and several have noticed when on a given day they might have a Dukan dessert, and yoghurts (with sweetener), diet coke, sugar free sweets etc etc that they get bloated, gassy and people without a colon sensitivity are finding this even so I dread to think how it could be for someone with IBS.

Just a thought - how are you today?
Ref men going away... lovely to have a BIG bed... but it's MUCH colder!

hey cathy im glad ur feeling a bit better take care lovey !!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for that Jo, thats really helpful, I was having quite a bit of sweetener before it flared again hmmmm interesting, because it was TOTM and I really needed something sweet hence having the seeds, I thought at least they would be a bit more healthy than giving in and succumbing to a biscuit. So it could had something to do with that irritating it, I dont drink a lot of fizzy stuff because it does make me feel gassy and bloated, I had also been having a spoon more wheat bran (drat, I like my wheat bran better). Oh well, will stop the wheat bran and not have too much sweetener, never have sugar free sweets.
Feel much better as days go on, still a bit sore, I'm wondering now if the pain I was having was actually IBS pain, not the period pain /crampy type pain I thought it was. Hmm interesting indeed. Will have to look further in to it. Trouble with it is it differs so much from person to person, so it takes ages to figure out whats right for you and whats not. So will start by not having the wheat bran, and not having too much sweetener.

Thanks again Jo thats really helpful.

Oh and Dh has left ther building, I washed the sheets first thing and now they are back on the bed all smelling sweetly. ooh I cant wait lol.

Isn't it funny how, as children, we HATE going to bed... but as "adults", we can't wait!! Often my other half looks at me incredulously when I suggest "bed?" at 9.30pm, but I've a good book on the go at the moment and I'm dying to get back to it, and then ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

I'm glad that info might turn out to be helpful to you... (my friend on the French forum SWEARS that eggs give her wind, but I can't say as how I've noticed personally!)

Cathy early night for you tonight in clean bedding then my lovwe?

jo yes im the same. im in the middle of the last merde book and usually in bed at 9.30 to read!!!

ooh I love eggs, couldnt manage without them.

I love reading in bed then falling asleep, ahh bliss, I cant wait for bed time lol. My daughter is very good(boys are too but they are older) she said to me last night "mummy can I go to bed now please" at 7.30pm hooray!!
Its really windy here, its just got worse, best go and retrieve the washing off the line!

Ref men going away... lovely to have a BIG bed... but it's MUCH colder!

That's why the invented electric blankets :)...they don't make the bed smell musty or snore or steal the duvet or get up in the middle of the night to pee!! :D
much better today, though still feeling a bit bloated, but stepped oin the scales and I am a lb less than I was on Friday, so at least its going down wards. Dh is away tonight so am just going to change the bed lol, I can have a lovely pampering bath tonight with lots of my goodies and an early night. Lol, I'm looking forward to him not being here but I will probably not be able to sleep or something, or I will hear lots of strange noises and be spooked lol.

Hey Cathy :)

Glad you're feeling better and the 1lb loss is also a good step in the right direction :)

Hope you have a lovely man-free night tonight and pamper yourself :)

xx

oh a man free bed the bliss funny how we wash the sheets lol i do that its bliss
have a lovely night

i love clean sheets - oh to have them every day!

Well I had a good nights sleep, except I kept waking up , I didnt want to sleep in, and my phone battery ran out, so had to use my radio alarm, that I havent used before, so woke at 2,3 & 5, then got up at 7.
Emma had a bleeding nose this morning, but not too bad, I was going to keep her off , shes had them before, as has one of my sons, (think its from Dhs side, his uncle is plagued with nose bleeds), anyway she wanted to go, but they have a sponsored bounce today, typical, so had to write a note to the teacher to keep an eye on her.

Diet is fine bumbling along
today was
bran porridge with cinnamon
lunch tuna & bacon(real tuna not tinned)
dinner chicken something
lots of water & decaff coffee

kids are making me a birthday a cake tonight so will have to have some, will have a tiny bit though, or a big bit and pretend to eat it all.

bacon???? BACON???? lol

oh you didnt have a fantatsic nights sleep in your new bedding then :(

Happy Birthday Cathy. Enjoy your (small) piece of birthday cake. Hope Emma is OK.

Back