Cathys Dukan diary

I've definitely cut down on jumping on and off as I've definitely noticed that an "unfair" weigh in can trip me up. And, Vicky, any huge ups and downs caused by weekend slips I don't need to see cos Monday I'm back in charge...!

I couldn't solely go by tape measure though because I can pull it in with my loose skin to say whatever I want it to!

I'm down to about 3 times a week... very good for me!

And, Vicky, any huge ups and downs caused by weekend slips I don't need to see cos Monday I'm back in charge

very true. yes wish i could cut down lol. 3-4 times a day still with 2 sets of scales ;)

oh dear cathy broken scales and a hubby under ur feet omg ......... well my OH says im like an animal when i eat lol he says i should of been a cave woman !!!!!!!!!!!!

I am even more convinced today that clothes, and tape measures, ARE the way forward... Last night I tried on some of my winter office trousers, surprising myself that some fit (the 14s not the 12s though). So I bravely faced the scales this morning and saw the graphic +1.1K (2lbs) from last Friday's weight... I knew I'd gained some, cos I can feel it, but SEEING it, could well have sent me into a couple of baker's I passed this morning on my walk... (I told myself I could have some BUT I had to get to work first cos I never eat that early... and then go out again, knowing I wouldn't). But I've not had feelings like that for three weeks and now, one "bad" (even if justified) weigh in and I'm back to square one... grrr!

Ever vigilant though...

How's you Cathy?

Ahh I would have been the same Jo, they are only numbers though. I am not too bad considering I am having scales withdrawals lol, I was really good today and am going to look in my wardrobe see if theres anything else I have 'forgotten' I can wear.
Dh off another couple days hes at the docs today (yesterday was nurse). So will see what he says
hope everyone well xx

morning Cathy. I wonder Jo et al if we could possibly not weigh all week until weigh in?

I probably could... now that I'm "down to" 3 weigh ins a week... and with those numbers ringing nastily around my head this morning.

Did your weekend cause you a gain Vicky?

morning Cathy , hope your wardrobe contains something really nice to discover xx

Ahh the weighing thing is such a pain. Its funny at first because when you are loosing at the start, you relish getting up and popping on the scales then it starts slowing down and you go on them more often, usually I am 'just checking' lol.
I found 2 tops in my wardrobe today, one is a summery one that I got last year and it was too tight so I flung it at the back of the cupboard in a huff, and of course now it fits =)
the other is a black cotton shirt I wore loads but I used to wear it with jeans but my jeans got too tight at one point and I didnt wear it for ages. So I am happy.
I'm still doing the sort of Atkins/Dukan thing, because of the veg,plus I can eat pork on Atkins which I have to eat as we have a freezer full and it seems to be working for now, I cant seem to eat too much oat bran or very fiberous veg (which I love, eg, broccoli, tomatoes cabbage etc) so i have an oat bran(in a PP day) every other day and alternate that with a Atkins day which is PV and I have courgette, mushrooms and cauliflower.
Today is the PV day and I am going to make courgette and spring onion soup which is yummy and it also means whilst dh is home I can sneak a cup full of it lol.
Poor dh though, it is annoying him being off, he works in a quarry full of big machines, so its a boys and their toys job for him. But the nurse says it could take a while for the wound to heal because its healing from the inside out, normally when you get a cut a scab forms and it heals that way, but because it was torn inside , the inside needs to fix back together first or the top will close and the skin becomes tight. Yuck its revolting anyway, it looks horrible now because there isnt a scab on it, it was forming but the nurse took it off.
Its blooming cold here today, I see there is snow on the mountain tops that wasnt there yesterday. Yesterday was horrible, such heavy rain storms with thunder and lightning and they came on all of a sudden. We even had a power cut for about 3 seconds, so switched off the internet and unplugged it, Ive had 2 modems and a pc blow up because of lightning, I wasnt taking any chances.

Right best go and catch up on some other diaries, I feel bad not replying to them all, but there are hundreds now lol and I would be here all day. Hope everyone is well though \=)

lol hey there cathy i feel the same if i dont catch up on diary's i feel awful , so here i am better late than never ,im watching diner'd ,drive in's and dive's ,when i watch it coz they do put to much food on ur plate so that makes me feel ill lol , so u are doing the dukan /atkin's i always think we should do want we are happy with and u sound really happy doing this well done hun !!!

It's true that we all feel obliged to go to the diaries regularly, but we really shouldn't feel we have to every day if we're busy! I'm just the same! If people need us, they'll beep loudly and flash lights! Otherwise, diaries are good for recording diet thoughts etc... and we could use "daily chat" for chitchat and then it's easier for the busier among us to keep up with one thread of events!

Very true Jo, I use my diary as a kind of record of events so dont mind if nobody replies.
I just prattle on anyway regardless :)

Lol Cathy! hows the snow?

im with you Cathy i ramble on for hours in mine find it theraputic ......
yeah how is the snow a friend up that way is so not impressed this morning she said she knew it was coming when the iluminus paint was put on the sheep last week

Ach its just about away now, worse in Aberdeen I think, mind you thats a cold beggar of a place, far colder than here at any time of year. Yorkshire too I think is getting it. I pop on now and then today but TBH we had a huge clap of thunder earlier never heard anything like it in my life, it woke the boys up! so am trying to keep the internet switched off. Dh is plaster boarding the boys room, hes off for the rest of the week.
Right best go I'm being summoned to hold the tape measure again ho hum xxx

Ach its just about away now, worse in Aberdeen I think, mind you thats a cold beggar of a place, far colder than here at any time of year. Yorkshire too I think is getting it. I pop on now and then today but TBH we had a huge clap of thunder earlier never heard anything like it in my life, it woke the boys up! so am trying to keep the internet switched off. Dh is plaster boarding the boys room, hes off for the rest of the week.
Right best go I'm being summoned to hold the tape measure again ho hum xxx

I hope there won't be snow in Aberdeen/shire, my Auntie won't go into the hospital if the weather's bad:(. Hey ho. Good luck with the plasterboard.

"Keep on Prattling"

now there's a good title for a film...

see men do need us to do the important job's like holding there tape measure !!!

hope ur ok hunny !!!!!

Back