Cathys Dukan diary

Yes all is fine here thanks, hes not too bad and managed to get the plaster boarding in the boys room finished. well not quite, but theres no roof showing anymore its all insulated now, its made the whole house much warmer and upstairs feels really warm, it was only about 9 degrees in there, now its 16-17 so the boys are happy.
Bit of a strange day today, its the 4th anniversary if my step sons suicide. To cut a long story short, he and his sister had a troubled upbringing with an alcoholic mother, they came to us for holidays but couldnt live here as there wasnt the room, plus they said they didnt want to, they lived n Stornoway (an Island sort of just opposite us on the map) they were all at school there and had their friends and extended family in their mothers side. But JR was the youngest and passed from pillar to post in his early teens then his gran died which I think was the last straw for him. His mum was in and out of jail and he came over here on holiday and shot himself the day before he was due to go home.
Dh doesnt really talk about it, he doesnt visit the grave etc, only to tidy it before his 2 daughters visit it now and then. Hes of the mind set that he didnt want to be on earth so he dealt with it and now hes where he wanted to be. and theres no point mulling and crying over it, we've done that now move on. Very black and white way of looking at it. But hes had a lot of death round him since he was young, his parents were older , just very much a part of life kind of thing.
So he hasnt mentioned it so neither will I, will light a candle for him tonight though and hope hes looking after his little sister who's up there with him.

Its been a gorgeous day here -2 on the way into town though to get our hair cut. I just got a trim, but I got about 4 inches off Emmas, it was far too long, its still long enough to tie up for school but short enough I can comb it in the bath(checking for unwanted creatures lol). So its just at her shoulders now.
Thats all from me for now looking forward to steak for dinner tonight =)

Have a good weekend all xx

Love to you Laura xx

hey cathy ,so sorry to hear about ur step son ,i do hope the day goes ok !!!! take care !!!

Thanks Jet.

TOTM again for me,well PMS anyway, my tummy (well its not my tummy lol, but you know what I mean lol) is so sore, I'm sort of glad I cant weigh myself today I am sure it would be way up.But just with water, so must drink plenty today and go through the freezer later.
Dh is back at work today hooray, and the kids are back at school tomorrow double hooray. So I can get back to normal. I feel so selfish sometimes, but I love being on my own, things are so much easier, am very easy to please lol. Oh and I have hardly done any exercises and thats making me feel rubbish too. I have been out for walks of course , I've not just been sat on my backside lol, but just not brisk walks that I love, Emma doesnt walk fast and we have to stop and investigate every ditch and waterfall along the way. But tomorrow morning 8.5 come rain or shine I will be waving the school bus off and going for my 45 minute daily walk.
I need to look for Dhs firearms certificate today, he has misplaced it once again gggrrr and he needs it to renew it, so that will be a day wasted. Need to get the kids clothes and bags sorted for tomorrow too, then thats that.
Right best get on hope you all have a good day xx

Cathy - I was very touched at your step son's story... and how sensitive you are with your husband, and not mentioning it.

On the anniversary of my Mum's death, I do always get in touch with my sister and Dad, but we rarely actually "mention it" on that day, funnily enough... Somehow I think we all know without it ever having been said that "the day" is harder than any other in the year... and I see that you too realise that.

I rarely go to the Garden of Remembrance where my Mum's ashes were scattered, and where her name is on a plaque, when home in the UK either. To so do, each time I returned home, would to me mean that "only there" could I feel her presence so I've never wanted to do that. I do go... but sporadically only... My sister goes regularly however. We're all different, I know, and because she lives close by, she can.

Sorry for drivel... as for 9°C upstairs, crikey! We have 13-14°C upstairs and 17°C downstairs when we arrive at the house in the winter - we leave the heating on lowest setting just to prevent the pipes freezing... We put the electric blanket on the bed this weekend, and have excellent duvets (from Argos actually!) which are REALLY warm! Flannel bottom sheet!

Yes dh is a bit like that with his son. He doesnt see the need to go and weep over a grave every week. I had my daughters remains cremated for similar reasons.I didnt want them in a grave yard where people might think I never bothered visiting. So when I feel the time is right I will scatter her ashes in her garden, but I cant do it yet.
Each to their own I guess. Dhs ex wanted him in a grave but she never goes. She also took the money dh had put into a savings account every month and said she was getting a headstone with it, but 4 years later theres no word, she said she doesnt have it. Daft bat.

My period pain is very sore now, I feel a bit sick with it. I wish it would go away. feel a bit sorry for myself today lol.
I just found a nice tea cosy pattern. I love knitting, I'm not very good at it but I like starting things off, maybe I will finish it who knows. I'm just a little old lady at heart

aww cathy, sad stories babes x
hope your totm pain gets better xxx

<ssshhhhh> I love knitting!

<lil ole lady? moi?>

<and for the "eaters" among you - if you manage to knit + eat, DON'T let me know how!>

Cathy, I hope the weekend was peaceful yet precious for all. xx

Damn that TOM!

Bren
x

TOTM not so bad to day, infact its very very light so maybe this is the start of the end lol lets hope so anyway.
Ahhhh dh back to work, kids back to school hoo flipping ray.
Just had a galette with tuna and herbs for breakfast, it was delish.
A neighbour brought over some hot smoked salmon he had made, I tried a bit this morning omg its gorgeous, so that is for lunch not sure what with, maybe mini flans cant write the other word for them, my letters are stuck at left hand side lol , not sure bout dinner yet, might have chicken.

glad you better today. ooh the hot smoked salmon sounds lovey. do you mean quiche?

lol, yes I mean that. I dont have the first letter of the word uiche, nor does my number one work, or my exclamation mark work. ggrr. Apparently there is a spray you can get to unstick keys but I have no idea what to look for or where.

Zticky keys hey? Never heard of this spray? Surely u can order it online somewhere?!

oh eck cathy u ave sticky keys ,hope u get it sorted soon !!!!!!!

Now what can Cathy have been eating over her keyboard to get her keys sticky... hmmmmm... (sticky chicken, I'll bet!)

Hot smoked salmon - YUM!

I think it was a cuppa tea actually. I dont eat over my keyboard lol
hope everyone ok today xx just about to go and get the chilblains up for school, its pouring down here today

Morning Cathy :)

I've read somewhere you can put your keyboard in the dishwasher...never tried it as I don't have one...could work though :) x

Don't mention chilblains :eek: even in jest lol - used to get them chronic as a kid :( youchies

you doing your walk once you've seen kids off? x

I cant put mine in the dishwasher, it's attached to a laptop lol.

Yes been for my walk now, I got soaked, its very mild though,but have had top put the fire on 'cause I need to get loads of washing dry.So its very warm in the house. I cant believe what a difference its made insulating the house and having double glazing. It's a 3 bed house and the only heating we have is a wood burner downstairs, right at the end of the house and it just heats the whole place up, I just leave all the inside doors open all day.

I cant put mine in the dishwasher, it's attached to a laptop lol.

:eek:....lol....hmm no that wouldn't be advisable ;) x

Yes been for my walk now, I got soaked, its very mild though,but have had top put the fire on 'cause I need to get loads of washing dry.So its very warm in the house. I cant believe what a difference its made insulating the house and having double glazing. It's a 3 bed house and the only heating we have is a wood burner downstairs, right at the end of the house and it just heats the whole place up, I just leave all the inside doors open all day.

That sounds lovely Cathy :)... not a bad day down here by all accounts... sunny intervals... slight breeze but brighter than yesterday and no rain as yet :) x

Morning all, I keep getting pangs of wanting to get on scales, but it goes lol. Its actually making me be really good, I have promised myself this if I loose at least half a stone more by Christmas
Charismatic-Crinkle-Tunic at Joe Browns
I really really want it

Back