Cathys Dukan diary

When my scales gave up the ghost a couple of years ago, I used the ones in Boots pharmacy or hopped on when visiting the nurse/doctors for check ups or appointments (even if it wasn't MY appointment :))...if you can get access to any of them and your friends scales you'll have most of the time covered :)

No way would I do that in public, it would be heavier anyway , t wouldnt be first thing and I would be dressed so it wouldnt be the same.We dont have a boots one we do have a Tesco one, its never switched on. But no I will wait, must loose something I am being very good, iif I have lost a significant amount by the time I get more, I am giving them to Dh and telling him I will weigh once a month. I am finding it not bad at all

I hear you all the way Cathy :)...at my heaviest I went on an "I speak your weight" scale...only for it to shock me and announce to THE WORLD......."14ST 10LBS" :eek:.....gutted doesn't come close :eek: :) x

Thats just what I dread.

Guising long ago was when you went round disguised as a ghoul at halloween and on all souls day, basically so that the souls who have been let out from Purgatory for a couple of days think you are one of them and dont frighten you. But nowadays we go round dressed up to each others houses and do a wee turn, sing, play an instrument/say a joke/poems etc and in return you get sweeties. Its good fun, we usually start off at a designated house where the kids play games dookin for apples/treacle scones, etc then go off walking from house to house guising, its great fun.

hi cathy hope u enjoy ur wee turn ,im up in scotland in dec, and we booked in at a hotel in edinburgh for an overnight stay !

Sounds a lot better than down here Cathy :) is guising all over Scotland or just the Highlands?...

It's kinda getting a little scary down here... organised begging at best and at worst demanding sweets/money with menaces :(.... not good x

I'm not worried Bren :)..all over and done with for another year thankfully :)...

Morning Cathy :) - good luck with your winkling... wrap up warm hun xx

Morning all. I decided not to go winkling today, the tide isnt really low enough, tomorrow will be though, so today I am going to blitz the house so it will be tidy the rest of the week, I'll be winkling all week, the tides are great, the weather is NOT. Its pouring down too today.
So fires on coffee is made just about to wash the eggs for selling. Then I will change the beds and vacuum, then that wll be it. Need to make lables and wrap some bath truffles this afternoon.

morning hun hope all iswell up there in the highlands its freezing down south so it must be brass monkey weather up there xxx

Morning Tania :), no its very mild here. In fact I was just saying to Dh's uncle, who comes for the eggs, that I was going winkling tomorrow and though its very wet, I dont mind the rain as long as it stays mild. It's about 9 or ten degrees outside, which is fine. Oh I got ear muffs on Friday nice dark green tartan ones so I'm all set lol.
Forgot to say. I am off out to the opera tonight, the Scottish opera are doing a performance of Carmen, so me and my friend are going.
Peter (ds) is coming too. He did a work shop last month with the Scottish opera at school and they all got free tickets, It was something to do with his Higher music lessons. Cant wait.

Oh no re scales which shout out your weight!

I have in the past used the ones in Boots while in England, so as to keep an eye on proceedings (obviously at the beginning of my holiday, while I still care!), but I found it a drag having to put my breakfast off until I'd finished, and stripping off in the middle of the shop didn't go down too well... (you mean that the rest of you weigh yourselves fully dressed in Boots? Having eaten and drunk? nah! couldn't do that!!)

ooooh opera... I'd need to borrow your ear muffs... hmm...!! ENJOY!

oh enjoy your opera.
Not a fan Jo?

(they do tend to shriek...!!)

This is Carmen, dont know if there are any 'shrieky' bits lol, I dont like shrieking singing either, it's sold out though. I wish it was the ballet though, but that was last week :( Ed Byrne the comedian is on next week , cant afford it though so not going, cant remember what hes like.

Back