Cathys Dukan diary

H all, I have no idea about the other ones, I am giving this one a year , if things aren't better by then they can take it out.

Wasnt on much yesterday, my friend called round and we went into town on a naughty day off lol. Dh was home , there was supposed to be a delivery of sheep food coming but it didnt (very very annoying) anyway he was home to get the kids off the bus, so we took our time having a girly day out and paying what we have saved towards our holiday, only £75 to go (each ) eek then its just spending money.
So cold here today, dh didnt get me any logs in either, and after him cutting wood all day too gggrrr. So need to go and get some now so I can be cosy. When we came home last night my friends dh brought us some squid, my friend was still at my house then, so I made us all stir fried squid for dinner, it was yummy. I had only had it in Chinese rice dishes before so I really enjoyed it. When I was winkling the other day dh and sandy were with me and we found some shrimps, that night our fisherman friend came round and I showed him them and he said they cost a fortune to buy to eat, we had about 15 little shrimps and he said they would cost about a £5er just for those.
So I was saying to our friends last night when we were eating the squid and the shrimps how lucky we are to have all this amazing food, I sort of felt really blown away by the madness of it all, if we had have had that in a city restaurant it would have cost about £50, and it wouldnt have been as fresh, our squid was caught yesterday afternoon.
Fabulous. I'm making venison stew again tonight mmmmm

morning.
yes you are very lucky to have that on your doorstep :) mmm squid xxx
you got your scales yet?

Oooh that meal sounds lovely ;) especially great is the FREE meal :D.....x

I envy you where you live :)....where are you off on hols hun? x

Did you watch that 'Good Life' thing the other night? All that fresh food on your doorstep does sound like a good life.

I'm all for having our meet in Cathy's back yard! (in the summer mind, I don't do Scotland in the winter, brrrrr!).

Sounds lovely Cathy. I love hearing about your day to day life. While possibly mundane to you, so very different to us (me at least... city girl who's just discovering the country!)

mmmmmmmmm cathy yum yum squid and shrimps !!!!!! sounds like u had a good day !!!

how are you doing today cathy?

Hi all :0)

My friend called round she was going into the village so I went, had some parcels to post. Went for a coffee and to get a mid week shop.

I ordered my scales, they should be here in a week aarrgghh, best loose what I think I have put on, I havent been eating bad stuff but just dont think I am in ketosis so its not coming off , but I hold my hands up, I havent been perfect, and it is difficult without scales.
I cant remember what kind they are but they measure water etc. I feel a bit sick waiting for them ha ha ;)

Got a christening on Sunday, I will ask to take any high carb'd cake home , then text and say how delicious it was, with my fingers tghtly crossed behind my back. I'm not that bothered about cake if I am honest, unless the dreaded cho*****e is in it. But it will be a traditional one I am sure. I will eat something before I go, maybe egg mayo, or tuna mayo, that fills me up.
Made the christmas cake today, so the house smells lovley.But not for long, dh is having mutton chops yuck, I detest mutton, I hate the smell of the fat.
Our friend the stag keeper/feeder at the lodge has given us a whole deer, can you believe it. Hes had a pretty rough time the last couple of years, he split from his wife etc, we often invite him round for dinner on a Sunday. So looking forward to lots of lovely venison roasts.

Am uite busy so trying to pop on in the evening if I can, have a lot of big craft fairs and 2 day events before Christmas. My friend takes my stuff , I dont go, but still I have to get it all ready.
So hope I will be on tomorow, have a great day everyone :)

glad to hear your ok
Hope the scales come soon hun , i think we have become slaves to them !!!!
mmm xmas cake think that may be my job tomorrow ...
Hope the craft fair stuff gets made ok
xxx

Blimey how on earth do you store a whole deer? Do you have to butcher it yourself? I had a stag run in front of my car the other day and they are enormous.

They are massive, yes Dh butchers it himself, I might get him to make some indvidual stuff for me, everything is in huge roasts or big stews, its fine having loads of meat but when its all in massive frozen lumps its rubbish, he butchers a sheep and makes small roasts because though the boys like mutton they dont like it the next day so no poiint making a big roast if its just going to end up lasting all week no variety.
Its been hanging in a larder chiller at the lodge, now its in our shed hanging from the rafters on a butchers hook. It will be there for a week probably its covered over so in this weather it will be fine. but yes must ask him to make lost of steaks out of this one ;)

Morning all, I am so cross, yesterday I had an allergic reaction to my scrambled egg, I cant believe it. I made it because we were going off to a christening so needed something to keep me going. Just towards the end of it my mouth started to get itchy and my throat felt like I hadnt swallowed something properly. I took piriton liquid and it stopped itching but my throat was not normal all day, its still a bit odd now, I never felt life threatned or anything, but it did worry me a bit. So I have asked some people whose kids have allergies and they said to keep a diary for a week then slowly introduce egg in cakes etc, but I will introduce it in meatballs/meat loaf type stuff, and see if I can tolerate it mixed in with cooked stuff.
I did wonder because the other day I got a bit of raw cake mixture on my finger, the tiniest bit and licked it off, and immediately my mouth was itchy. but just assumed it would be raw eggs and when would I eat those lol. I really hope its not, Dukan will be a bit more difficult without eggs, but I will survive, I dont eat a lot of eggs in their pure form poached/scrambled etc. But I love the muffins and galettes from here.

Anyway, just going to look in the freezer, brrr its frosty outside, I forgot to take my ear muffs with me this morning and my poor ears were really sore by the time I got home from my walk.
Yesterday morning (as well as my egg fright) dh came in and said that 3 of the new uails we got had been killed :( he is sure it was a stoat, we have never had bother with them before. One of them is injured but still alive, so is in intensive care with her husband by her side. Such a shame, they were sandys, he was so mad when I told him and upset too. He loves them. If they had been eaten it wouldnt have been so bad, thats the way it goes in the wild, but it didnt it just nipped their throats and left them to bleed to death. :(
I think dh is looking for a live trap now so we can catch them and take them far away from here.

Not looking forward to the arrival of scales, havent had word that they have been despatched yet ggrr

So sorry about the animals. Horrid.

Have you had a problem with eggs before? Scary stuff allergies.
Go careful. And what a pain as eggs are in everything and so useful for this diet.
Hope its a short lived one (I was allergic to fish for 2 years then fine with it but the nut allergy is ever there).

I dont know TBH, I mean could my bad tummy have something to do with eggs, not veg or bran etc? before I would have an omelette and always chuck veg in with it. Even when I was having Sunday dinner which was just meat & veg, I thought it was veg, maybe it was the galette or muffins I had had in the morning??? my tummy is still making grumbling noises from yesterday :/

I think I will go on attack but egg free from today for a week them make something say burgers with an egg mixed in see how it goes. I sopke to a woman who said her son has an egg allergy but can eat meatballs, pancakes, fish cakes etc but not custard, scrambled, poached egg or any other pure form egg.
Another said if her son eats a jaffa cake he is ill for 2 days.
So will try PP eggless for 5 days then make something mixed with egg.
I'm sure it will be ok though, just have to find other quick things to eat, that I can nibble on

hi cathy. sorry about the animals and the egg thing isnt great at all. starnge that its just seemed to come on. ?
hope your scales come soon so you can get back on track 100 %

Gosh that is most unfortunate... Dukan without eggs must be like errr (Easter without eggs? Nah!)...

I really enjoy your diary! Lucky you having venison in those sort of quantities! Mmm lovely!

Trying to see the positives :) at least if it's an egg allergy/intolerance you have... you might be able to get rid of the annoying IBS? :)... you might want to have a word to your GP...as I think they sometimes use parts of egg for immunisations etc....x

gosh Cathy sorry bout the animal problems
As for the eggs you need to get it diagnosed as thats an important one for drs to know about for a lot of reasons
You tummy problems could be linked to it too

How's it going Cathy?

Back