Cathys Dukan diary

morning Cathy - how you today?

Ach fine. having a cant be bothered day today. Got to make lots of soapy stuff though, I have a few markets soon and a couple of them are 2 day events, so need to have enough to keep me going, and my friend who sells them for me, plus I need a full tables worth for 2 .5 days.
Should have enough. I dont need to give my friend loads though just a few bits.
I asked about the egg thing on allergy.org and one person replied, (its not the busiest of forums, I thought it would be) he asked me some questions and I answered but he hasnt replied to it again yet.
I have asked if there was a reason why it had been a sudden reaction, when its never happened with cooked egg only raw before.
I was reading some other stuff people had asked about it on some of the other posts on the forum, and the person who replied to my post had given a poster reasons why he would have had a reaction to something, and he said 'If you are a woman, periods' but it was a man called Graham. So I have asked about that point and why that would happen. Hope he replies soon.
I had porridge for brekki and having stew for lunch then chicken for dinner with sweetened fromage fraise for snackaroo. Right best get on. Have just put an advert in the local paper for an evening we do at a village hall near my mums

oh do let us know the outcome Cathy!

Ach fine.

I'd love to hear you say that... I can imagine hearing it actually... (and this from someone who used to watch Taggart with subtitles on... murrrrrrrder... love it!)

Oooh noooo I dont speak like Tagarrrrrrt. lol.

A lot softer Highland, not Glasgae

A Highland accent is a bit like singing, it's lovely - a friend came over for my Mum's funeral, she's originally from the West Coast but was in the same village where I grew up for a good few years before going back. Even just hearing her talk made me feel better:). Glasgow is a lot harder on the ear, I'd say Taggart had it about right.

Yup, need subtitles for Eastenders:p (no joke, husband did)! Can understand the difficulties.:D

(We don't watch Eastenders, but as an example of how hard accents can be to understand).

haaaa! I fell upon (ahem) an episode recently of Jeremy Kyle with two sisters arguing together in Scots. Couldn't understand a word of it. JK kept saying "slow down, slow down"...

Eastenders annoys me when people drop their "h"'s and "t"'s.

its rab c nesbit i cant understand!

Me neither Vicky lol

Just had a reply off a woman on the allergy place, she didnt have any advice as such as she is in the sort of same position. She said she has suddenly become allergic to nuts after being vegetarian for 20 years and them featuring lots in her diet all that time, and wanted me to know that allergies can come on just like that, as hers did too. I said I had started a low fat low carb diet a few months ago and she replied that she had also recently cut things from her diet mainly wheat and dairy and then she suddenly became allergic to nuts.

So no not really much help but plenty to think about,, its very interesting.

mmm interesting. especially about cutting down on wheat? you need to go to docs.

A flu Jab? no havent had one, I dont have them. I had flue once when I was PG with Emma, I have never been so ill in my life, I didnt move off the couch for 2 days. The boys had it before me and I stayed up for 36 hours with each of them, they were burning up, but I survived so I dont bother wth a jab.
I think they use eggs for it dont they? to grow it on. I will mention it to doc next time I go. I think I will try muffins tomorrow Dukan style, after lunch so its not on an empty stomach. More worried about the itchy throat and mouth thing though, because its not even in my tummy by then. We will see. Its TOTM too so I will try also when thats finished. See what happens

Just got email saying scales should be here Friday, scared now, I feel like I have put on loads I cant have, I have TOTM just now but on the way out so hopefully gone by Friday.
They do fat and water, wonder what water will be whats the range water wise I wonder what fat I wil be. Wish I had ordered normal ones now, do I really need to know my fat and water levels:/ ?

So so windy today, the cat was going mental earlier with all the leaves blowing about out side the window, so I shut her upstairs out of the way.
Shes calmed down now and is asleep on the rocking chair, poor thing

ah but you do. my water was 51.9 this morning, body fat 28. something and muscle 30 something (doesnt add up to 100 mind does it). i can see im building muscle and retaining water so if i dont lose or put on i can see changes. :D

Well my scales arrived last night they weighed me then at 195 and I was so upset, this morning I tried them again and it said 188 so I stepped off them and stepped on again and it was 190 stepped on again and it was 195, moved them and tried again and it was 190 another twice, so I wasnt very impressed with them. I had been drying out my old scales and this morning I put a fresh battery in them and they weighed me at 190. so only put on 2lbs since my scales died, or went into a coma at least lol.So I will have to check on both scales until I find a new place to put the new ones. I cant read the display on them , its black and the old ones were red and they were right beside the toilet.

Oh the fat was 36, the water was 46 and the BMI was 31.
in the instructions it says I should be BMI 20-25, fat should be 20.1-30% and water should be 45-60%

Cathy - if your floor is uneven at all that will give an inaccurate result. I'd go for the lowest figure, tbh. So a STS.:)

I can calculate water/fat %s (although not muscle) but one of the kids has blocked the button which lets you adjust the figures which means we all measure 148 cm, so I've never bothered!

Well it wasnt wobbly anywhere , the floor is concrete, and level so it should have been fine, my old scales measured 190 where ever they were :/

Not bad though, just looked through my diary and it was 4 weeks since I weighed last, but then I did STS for 5 years, 4 weeks shouldnt have been a problem lol

Annoying that the new scales are inconsistent, will you send them back?

My old scales were like that could weight 7lbs different depending which way I was leaning.

Back