Cathys Dukan diary

water was 46
thats really low!!!! get drinking more water hon! my water was at 51.9 this morning, fat 28 muscle 37.
well done on a sts. my scales (both sets are the same). just find a place where you can weigh yourself at exactly the same place (i use a wall and bedside table as a marker) then at least you know its pretty accurate when you weigh x

I'd send them back Cathy... if they fluctuate that wildly on their first use, just imagine in time what they'll be doing...

2lbs on is excellent in four weeks when, I think, you've been careful but not dukaning strictly...

thats really low!!!! get drinking more water hon! my water was at 51.9 this morning, fat 28 muscle 37.
well done on a sts. my scales (both sets are the same). just find a place where you can weigh yourself at exactly the same place (i use a wall and bedside table as a marker) then at least you know its pretty accurate when you weigh x

Is it?? oh, it says for females low is 43-44, normal is 45-60 and high is 60.1-75.
I will be sick if I drink water. I hate it, it doesnt get further down than the back for my throat I'm afraid. Not really fond of cold drinks at all in all honesty. will drink more tea:sigh:

I will see how they are tomorrow in the same place, if not good I will send them back

Is it?? oh, it says for females low is 43-44, normal is 45-60 and high is 60.1-75.
I will be sick if I drink water. I hate it, it doesnt get further down than the back for my throat I'm afraid. Not really fond of cold drinks at all in all honesty. will drink more tea:sigh:
:(
mine say differently in the booklet! are you on carpet or hard floor?

I'm on hard concrete floor

ah well it deffo should be the same then. i would chose one place where you can be exact and use that. you did have bare feet when you went on?

Yes, bbrrr lol. will see what it does tomorrow morning. Might see if I can find the spirit level lol make sure it is straight.
Just looked up wikki for water % , and it says women should be average 55% water. How annoying, apart from the taste of water is horrid, my stomach felt uncomfortable, the last time went on a health kick and decided I MUST drink 1.5 litres of water per day, and couldnt go anywhere with out there being a toilet in the vicinity. I even had to get up and wee in the night.I only did it for a week, I was knackered.
Oh well, will try harder, I was eating lots of fruit and veg then too, so maybe I didnt need so much water.

55!!! thats ridiculous - the most ive ever had is 51.9 (this morning) and i drink around 3 litres of water a day plus probably another 2 litres in coffee and tea!

What does yours say it should be? mine are weight watchers scales

dont know leaflet at home hon.
but found
water for women should be around 51
body fat women under 39 - 21-32% over 39 23-35

How confusing, I'm 41 and my body fat is 36, wonder how long it will take me to get to 35. Mind you maybe I would have to be 6 foot 5 to be 35 % and slim

well im only just scraping on the body fat percentage at 28 something.
Must do more exercise lol :D

Ah ok, so should expect to see it go up as I go slimmer.

Hope your migraine goes soon, havent had one myself for a while

yep that's what happened to me...got worried about the water going up and yet no salt in my food...went a-searchin' ...found it was a good thing :) phew.....relief x

Ok so this morning, stepped on old scales reading was 189,1lb down on yesterday, stepped on new scales and everything was the same as yesterday.

I'd send the new ones back, Cathy, especially as your old ones work well again.

Then again, I'm not fussed about fat/muscle/water percentage, if you prefer keeping an eye on things that way (rather than weight) it's probably good to keep both. Weigh in on the reliable, old scales and do the fancy calculation on the others.

Yes I think I will Laura, flaming things. I will get more in the new year.
These ones are very thin too, they dont feel very substantial. Actually now I know my water and fat, I dont feel enlightened at all lol. Maybe I will get the same ones as I had before but new. I can see this will be my new obsession

I have three sets of scales (in two different homes; one will go to the UK with me) and each weighs me slightly differently. Last night, I got on the ones which measure body fat (which is given in kilos, I've discovered, rather than %! wondered why I had so much less body fat than Vicky!!!)... and again this morning... big difference. Obviously cos of water. Yet it's supposed to be measuring fat, not water. Whatever. Don't care.

Get your money back Cathy.

Back