Catkin and Pumpkin's countdown to Christmas!!!

Hi glad you having good weekend! If your BBQ theory works, how good would that be, BBQ and still loose!!
Had nightmare night last night, went out with MIL, 87 and like joan collins still! But went to our usual country pub and everyone had bar meals...what a horrible night could smell, see and virtually taste everything! We never eat together as she has no appetite nowadays, but think when you cant have it your desire is heightened...so now have to think how to go out for drink with friends and not go through that again...need to find some pubs with no food!! Apart from that good day yesterday...no symptons, no ketosis signs,. no anything!! Well we see at weigh in whats been happening...am notoriously slow looser on SW etc... as i got older so maybe Im slow at Exante too! Slow but sure still not putting it on at the rate I was so thats good still!
Have good Sunday ladies!

No, I really don't recommend the vanilla/coffee combo! For a start I only tend to drink black coffee anyway, which should have given me a bit of a hint, but it was really sweet and fake tasting. Worse (and I do hesitate to say this) than the tomato soup!

Have had areasonable day today, the BBQ was great and I stuck to only meats and green salads, although a reasonable amount. I didn't go mad or anything, just had enough of what I wanted. I had a bar when I got home but that's been it Exante wise today. Not good I know as I'm missing 2/3 of the vitamins, but with everything esle today I am not hungry and don't want to risk the calories.

Last night I had the most horrendous cramp in my calf :( so bad I was up walking the landing at 4.30. Am trying to eat more salt today (the sausages should have had plenty!) as I think all the extra water I am drinking may have had an effect. Have got fingers crossed for no repeat performances tonight.

Have a great Monday (if that's not an oxymoron!) and don't forget - not long til first official weigh in!

xx

Hi hope you both had good Monday!
Struggling a bit with that grrrrrrrr..... need some food, but do realise not hunger just greed!! Maybe this diet given me light bulb moment, if a scabby bar and two shakes have kept me full for 6 days....hmmm...what have I been scoffing for all these years!!??
So many things in life we plan around food, nights out, trips with friends, seeing friends, holidays...lots for my aching brain to think about.
You both nearing weigh in? Roll on Wednesday morning!
Have good evening!

Yep, weigh in tomorrow morning! Am not looking forward to it really as even though the scales showed a 4lb drop overnight one morning, the next morning the 4lb was back, and the scales have stubbornly refused to move since. So I am currently where I was before starting Exante :( I know it must work though, and I do feel much, much better, which is a huge bonus.

I must say that I am really enjoying the fact that I don't have to think about food or worry about what I am going to have at each meal time and whether it will conform to whichever diet I am on, it's very liberating. I am trying very hard with the children's meals and making sure they are still eating well AND putting all leftovers in the bin immediately so I am not tempted!

I guess I should start thinking about adding in some exercise soon :( Not a big fan of exercise though.

We did a trip to ASDA today and picked up some of their Exante-friendly diet drinks and some of their own meal replacement bars, which are fine too. AND some of the Biggest Loser ones, I had the mint choc fudge one for lunch and I have to say it tasted delicious! The downside was that each mouthful took an age to chew and, no kidding, my jaws were aching by the time I finished it!

Hope everyone is well and smiling! xx

Morning all. Wk 1 weigh in update - 1lb lost. Could have been more for my first week but am thinking of it as 8lb in 10 days (so including the 7lb lost when I was getting ready to start Exante) to make me feel better!

I'm not going to be disheartened and I'm not going to give up, nor slip up today! Onwards and downwards! xx

So, first week WI is a 8lb loss :D

Very happy, hope for another good loss in the next 7 days, will have to order more packs soon as already worrying about running out LOL!!!

Finding it hard in the evenings as would normally munch away quite happily in front of the TV...

I have had some BBQ food this week, but nothing else other than shakes.

Roll on week 2!!

Dawn, i hope you have a Brill WI tomorrow!!

Catkin, 8lb in 10 days is fab, well done!!

:bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss:

Wow! 8lbs is fantastic, well done Pumpkin!

Yay us, we're on our way and we're not going back!

Good luck for tomorrow Dawn, let us know how you get on! xx

Am loving 2 new apps for my iphone, both free:

The first is Waterlogged which helps you keep a track of how much water you have had during the day. My favourite thing about it (which is probably quite sad) is that you can take photos of your own water containers to makes it even easier to log.

The second is MyFitnessPal to help with logging food and exercise. The best bit is that they have all the Exante stuff already in there. It's so easy!

Hope it helps xxx

Hi both, 10 and 8lbs...golly got something to live up to tomorrow!! Well done you too, over half stone in week 1...wow.
Had to give in last night though and have an omelette...weak willed but not end of the earth Im sure!! Just HAD to eat!!!!
Had some BL bars too, a breakfast one today and a choc crisp one yesterday....much better! Agree with you on chewing but lasted ages!
Well have good night and well done again!

Morning all, have you weighed in yet Dawn? How has the first week been for you? I have been quite hungry the last few days, but still ok. I must admit that I had a meal (only grilled tuna and green veggies) last night instead of my soup, I just needed something to eat!

xx

Hi there! Yes 7lbs off how good is that! Think biggest weight loss in one week Ive ever had! Relief something came off, as from daily (well ok hourly!) weigh ins was getting quite despondant!
So onto week 2, only another ...hmmmm...lots and lots to go!!
Thats what happened with my omelette...was grrr.....for food!
Have good rest of night!

Wow, well done on the half stone lost Dawn, that's a fabulous first week loss! Imagine - half a stone gone already!!

I am beginning to think of which pack(s) I should order next, I have decided to stick with Exante (not surprising really!) but the OH has decided that he will use some of the shakes/bars as part of a low calorie diet - he's finding it difficult to resist the snacking in the evening and the biscuits in the office, so would rather just track those as he goes along. I am very much enjoying the shakes but am not so fussed on the soups atm, and I can buy the Asda or BL bars for lunches, so I may just get 2 shake packs. That should keep us going until beyond the end of the summer hols.

Can't wait for my wk 2 weigh in now, only 4 days to go! I think this must be the first diet I have ever done when I have anticipated the WI so much! xx

Yes Ive given up on soups except veg too now. Ordered another batch of shakes, thought order in bulk to match my three month on it target!
My OH back tomorrow...yipppeeee! Just done a Tesco shop for him, all stuff I dont like.
See how I cope with someone eating around me. Got a friend staying on the 15th so planning how I can fit in having people over too, think it'll be a BBQ!!
Have good rest of week!

Have good Friday! Stay strong!!
Am off to airport to pick up OH...yipppe dee doo dah!! (although will I be saying that when Im sat across dining table with a tomato soup in my bowl???????)
Nearly the weekend...therefore...nearly next weigh in!

Hiya,

Not so sure about the good friday. Have tried to stay strong but has not been the TS day that I was hoping for - I just had to nibble. I tried distracting myself with water, boullion, housework and Dr Pepper zero, but I ended up having 3 slices of ham. Not the end of the world though, and hopefully won't affect anything!

Hurrah on your OH being back. I am sure your tomato soup will be fine! Perhaps with the addition of lots of salt/pepper/tabasco....lol.

Here's to a good weekend and a great weigh in next week! xx

Well done on the 7lb loss Dawn, that is fab!!! I hope your OH gets home ok!!

Its been an ok couple of days for me, i have had my shakes, i dont think ive had anything else.. cant remember so i guess ive not :)

Just been keeping busy with work and cleaning really.

I have too noticed that the packs in my box are getting less and less, lol, so will order more shakes next week.

Soon be time for another weigh in ><!!!

And no, 3 bits of ham will not do any damage... :)

Hi again, how sad are we all thinking that 3 slices of ham is a blow out!!?? Used to think that was healthy eating! For last 35+ years would be over the moon if that was my daily diet!!
Hope you both coping well now we deep in week 2.
Wish the cleaning bug would hit me, had a mad tidy round before OH came back... Hes back safe and sound and its marvellous! Even managed last night when he had proper meal, and there was me with my choc shake....not too bad tho really! Am being determined. Went to our fave coffee shop early doors today and had just a black coffee, but actually remembered how many times we've been in and I wasnt hungry but had something anyway...how mad was that!!??
Still no signs of the big K...I think I give up trying to spot them now, and think that I should take it as a sign that am meant to be on exante...errr yeah...right NOT!!
Hope you both have good rest of weekend...and being exante strong!!

Lol, I thought the same about the ham after a little while beating myself up. I wouldn't have felt that guilty about a chocolate bar before!

Glad your OH is home safely and you had a yummy choc shake to celebrate! I made a chocolate treasure chest cake with my eldest today while youngest was out at a party. It looks really really tasty, but all I have allowed myself is an inch by inch square cos I have had a meal of roast chicken and green veggies with them today.

We're hopefully going swimming in the morning which we all enjoy (and should burn a few extra calories). Maybe in a few weeks I won't be so self-conscious of being seen in a swimming costume.

Hope you're having great weekends and the sun is shining where you are xx

Back