caws diary

I'm not 'back' at uni ~Silence~, I'm having a career change. I've left work (apart from the odd shift) and am doing a nursing diploma. It's been nearly 25 years since I left school so it's a little scary and I am one of the oldest.

This week is mainly registration and sorting out paperwork to be honest.

Cool! My sister starts her nursing diploma next week. I take my hat off to you, its not something I could do.

Good luck at uni. :D

~Silence~

Teesside (Middleborough). She's actually doing a diploma in Nursing for Learning Difficulties. She took a year out after her A-Levels and was a carer in a small home for mentally disabled people and loved it. Although she always wanted to be a nurse.

Where are you doing yours?

Good for you having a change of careers - its a brave step to take but well worth it to do what you want to do! Being one of the oldest will work in your favour I would think because people will question your thoughts / opinions less once you qualify (if you are straight out of uni at age of 21 / 22, people often think you are too young to know what you are doing!)

Good luck!

xx

I think you'll find that you cope with the workload better and get better grades because you're more focused and you're not work shy.
That was the case for the mature students on my course in any case. They were not distracted by "pound-a-pint night" in the union (I'd just like to point out that neither was I- but I'm not normal)and didn't have abnormal sleeping hours, they came to uni, did their work, worked hard and did better for it.
The transferable skills you have learned in life, in work, will also be useful, things like communication. I'm sore you'll do brilliantly caws!!!

~Silence~

Im in my 3rd year as a "mature" student, and all the lecturers say they love lecturing us cause they can really interact with us. Life experience is a good thing.
Im still a bit studenty tho, in that i will leave assignments til last minute!!!! lol

I lost a pound this week.

Doesn't seem much but I've stayed the same for a couple of weeks (although have lost some inches) Still I'm grateful for any losses :D

hey Caws,
Im sorry to not have posted sooner, Well done on the dropping a lb. That is good for you, as you have a "smaller" amount to shed. I know, its all relative, and Im not patronising you, sorry, I know it sounds it. Just know that people with less to drop find it is slower, thats what I meant, (ha ha, guess who has had 2 glasses of wine!!!), you mentioned cheesecake, drool drool, it was one of my favorites!!
Anyway, enough gobblidigook!!
xxx

Yeah, you lighter folks have to work twice as hard to shift the pounds.
A pound loss of good and you've been pretty consistant with your losses as well haven't you?
Keep up the good work caws!

Hope you enjoyed your beer!!!

~Silence~

Yes - I'm your secret minimins stalker :p

~Silence~

I think we're all stalking each other :eek:

I'm a similar weight to you Clarri. I weigh 13st 3lb at the moment, was 15st 7lb at my heaviest a couple of years ago and haven't really got a set weight goal but will probably be happy somewhere between 11st and 12st (even if that is officially still overweight !)

Stayed the same this week. I was expecting a small gain becaus eI haven't been very organised and I've eaten more bread this week than I've eaten all month (shouldn't have bought that loaf of tiger bread)

So how's uni going caws???

STS is good, especially if you expected a gain!

~Silence~

It's going quite well thanks, although some of it seems very vague about what we should be doing and a couple of the girls that have just left school have know-it-all attitudes, which I find annoying but so far I have resisted saying "Do you realise that some of us left school long before you were even born"

Most of the people are really nice although it feels like I'm not really doing anything (yet !!)

Yeah... you're always gonna get the know-it-alls! They'll get put in their place at some point.
Yet is the operative word there I think.
It's good to hear you're doing ok :)

~Silence~

Glad to hear your nursings going well, Caws. All our lecturers were saying there'll be a shortage of nurses in 3 years or so, so you're doing it at a great time (unlike me who still doesn't have a job). Have you found out what placements you've got yet? That was a really exciting bit for me.

Oh, and a lot of the know-it-alls in my class seemed to leave bythe second year.

Back