CC NSV - Non-Scale Victories!

I definitely do understand. I still scrutinise my body on a daily basis. Someone once said that we do that when looking in the mirror because we don't have a comparison point. We have no-one standing next to us and so our brain focuses solely on what we perceive to be our imperfections. It's only when we see photographs of ourselves, especially amongst other people, that we can really see the difference.

I still feel absolutely enormous (maybe even more so now as I feel my body is no longer 'plus sized' and I am on the larger size of average - so now I compare my body far more to slender women whereas before it was out of the question to do so).

I hope looking at your photo has made you realise how far you have come. You should be really proud :)

I think a lot of my trouble is that all through my life, all my friends have been shorter than me and, mostly slimmer. I wonder why that is? But whatever the reason, it still makes me feel like I'm the incredible hulk when I'm around them.Lol! Maybe I need to find either......Friends who are taller (and preferably) a bit bigger than me................Or Shorter but really really bigger than me! Lol!
And,by the way, I am proud and my husband has been fantastic about giving me loads of compliments, I just have problems adjusting. I should probably start a new thread, this doesn't sound much like NSV, more like BDD... LMAO!!

Okay, don't laugh buuuuut I have a new NSV. I just 'went for a run' for the very first time!! I managed a mile lol!! Okay, so I only actually ran three quarters of it and speed walked the rest but all in all I'm proud because it is TOTALLY out of character for me :)

Well done!

Well done Donzy :) Im thinking of getting a kettlebell, not really sure I'd know what to do with it though!

Today, I have completed my Chocolate CHallenge - I bet OH that I could give up chocolate for the whole of September, and bingo, I managed :D

This is a very very very weird NSV - I wonder if anyone will relate at all or if I'm completely bizarre. I've always had massive thunder thighs and have resigned myself to this fact (it's a bizarre mix of having quite muscly legs and loads of fat getting stored there), but yesterday I was sitting on the floor with my legs up in front of me and I noticed that even though my knees were together there was a tiny gap between my thighs. Not much of a gap, and only to halfway up, but a gap nonetheless.

TTfan said:
This is a very very very weird NSV - I wonder if anyone will relate at all or if I'm completely bizarre. I've always had massive thunder thighs and have resigned myself to this fact (it's a bizarre mix of having quite muscly legs and loads of fat getting stored there), but yesterday I was sitting on the floor with my legs up in front of me and I noticed that even though my knees were together there was a tiny gap between my thighs. Not much of a gap, and only to halfway up, but a gap nonetheless.

Wow that's fab, I too have resigned to always having large legs, they have met in the middle for as long as I can remember x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

TTfan said:

Wow that's fab, I too have resigned to always having large legs, they have met in the middle for as long as I can remember x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

TTfan - that is a brilliant NSV!! I totally relate. I have very muscular dancers legs with little pockets of fat right at the top of my thighs (nice!) So from my mid-thigh downwards they look quite nice but anything above is mega wobbly. Would love to have a gap - go YOU!!

My NSV today is I have just run a mile without stopping. This is the first time I've ever done this. Even at school I would be walking by the end. I'm so happy and feel totally energised!

Wow, amazing NSV's ladies.

TTFfan, I totally get what you're saying. That must feel good noticing a difference, especially when you are not actually looking for it.

Morrigan, big well done! I can't wait to run a foot without stopping, so a mile is amazing. :)

I've been seeing the scales move down but not quite believing it cos not seeing the change in my body. So I got out the clothes I bought just over a month ago for my holiday and tried them on again. Even though they fit on the holiday, they felt loose now :) Definitely confirms the scales! :)

Awwww thanks you guys, I'm so glad people understand what I mean. Bostik that's a great NSV, really confirms what the scales are saying.

Totally get the legs touching one - think it's going to be a looong time until I can claim that!

I've had a sort of NSV today. I got a (backhanded) compliment from my mum. Don't get me wrong she's supportive and I'm not trying to make out otherwise.

She knows I've lost just over 20 lbs in 4 weeks & today she looked at me and said I'm trying to see if I can notice a difference. She then went on to say yes I can notice it in your face- you really had a double chin before!!!

So obviously pleased a double chin has become less noticeable but not the best compliment ever!

Back