CD and ME

Aw, Sarah Lou - don't be blue!!!

:grouphugg:

You know those scales are lying - you have lost fat. It's just water and it will come off if you just hang in there!

Hold on really tight, okay? :hug99:

Thank you Lily and Redhead. Redhead how kind that you remembered how funny my weird body is!! in fact I thought you might of had a chat with my cdc as that is what she thinks.. like I'm playing catch up. Well I managed to shift my blue feeling and I am ready for the weekend :) I might try and have more water because when I look back apart from being supa dupa I could squeeze some extra water in.

I hope you both are ok and I will pop in your diary's and catch up. I've worked a few late evenings this week and need a catch up with you all. And thanks again I need you ladies ;)

Early post today and I am taking a day off! which for me means lounging around on my laptop, catching up with friends and family, indulge in a shake and then pop out later with my Mum. We are jaunting off to M&S which I think my Mother has shares in :rolleyes: I find shopping abit tricky at this stage as despite my terrible disapointment this week I am still trying to be positive that the scales will move soon.. or I should say THEY HAVE TOO:eek: so I don't really want to buy anything.. I think I will just carry the basket :D then again I might head off to the shoe dept.

So another day in cd land and who knows what that will bring. I have another early weigh in this coming week as my cdc can't see me on my normal day. I'm trying not to think about it. I just have a little voice in my head reminding me that I am going to see Take That in another month and I'm going to be the fat girl in the pic's. I guess I just want my time at an event where I look nice. I guess it makes me a bit sad about that. I hated my 40th Birthday pics and other special occassions. My best friend is 40 the end of June and there is another event I want to feel good at.

I had a terrible thought last night and I wondered that because of the meds I take am I destined to be overweight.. I just don't know I guess :confused: perhaps I will do a little test and like I said yesterday I'm going to keep track of my water intake.

My cdc sends encouraging txts at the weekend and her words are "water is the key" plus other motivational tips.

Have a good day everyone :)

Sarah - I''m not suggesting you read the book I've been reading by Marisa Peer - at least, not at the moment. Maybe after you're done with Cambridge. But one of the parts that really got to me was this:

To change negative reactions in your body, i.e. overeating or continuing to eat when you are full or bingeing on chocolate, it is important to change the ideas responsible for the reaction both consciously and subconsciously. The brain and nervous system respond to mental images regardless of whether the image is self induced or from the external world. The mental image formed becomes the blueprint, and the subconscious mind uses every means at its disposal to carry out the picture.

That’s why cinemas show us pictures of food and drink so we’ll want them. Every time you say, ‘I gain weight just by looking at food’ you are making your mind and body believe this thought and act upon it. Every time you say, ‘My metabolism doesn’t work properly’ or ‘I was born heavy’ you are doing the same thing. People with weight issues frequently say, ‘I can’t leave food’, ‘I can’t say no to it’ or ‘I don’t know when I have had enough, I don’t know what full is.’ Slim people will say the opposite: ‘I can’t finish it’, ‘I have had enough’ or ‘I couldn’t eat another mouthful.’

Just as some people eat when they are upset as they believe it will comfort them, others cannot eat when they feel upset because they don’t hold that belief. You are able to choose what you say and to choose how you eat. Changing your eating habits is not enough, you must change your thoughts, beliefs and words as well. Work through the following quick exercise to see the power of your thoughts.

As you read through these next few lines just imagine that you are standing in your kitchen and you are holding a lemon that you have just taken from the fridge. It feels cold in your hand. Look at the outside of it, the yellow waxy skin that comes to a small green point at both ends. Squeeze it a little and feel its firmness and its weight. Imagine raising the lemon to your nose and smelling that unique fresh lemon smell. Now imagine cutting the lemon in half and inhale it. The smell is stronger. Now imagine biting deeply into the lemon and letting the juice swirl around in your mouth. Taste the sharpness, the fresh citrus flavour.

At this point, if you have used your imagination well, your mouth will be watering. Consider the implications of this. Words, mere words, affected your salivary glands. The words did not even reflect reality, but something you imagined. When you read those words about the lemon you were telling your brain you had a lemon. Although you did not mean it your brain took it seriously and said to your salivary glands, ‘she/he is biting a lemon, hurry, wash it away’. Your glands obeyed.

If something as simple as imagining you were eating a lemon can cause your body to react physically then something as simple as imagining you are eating selectively and shedding weight can and will cause your body to react physically too. Words do not just reflect reality; they can create reality – like the flow of saliva you just caused by doing the exercise. The subconscious mind is no subtle interpreter of your intentions, it receives information and it stores it, it believes without question everything you tell it since its job is not to question but to act immediately on your instructions, which to your subconscious mind are commands. Tell your subconscious mind something like ‘I am eating a lemon’ and it goes to work. That experiment was neutral, so physically no good or harm can come from it, but good as well as harm can come from many of the words we use.

If you are on an aeroplane waiting to fly to California you may be filling your mind with images of the shopping you are going to do, the beaches you are going to visit, the weather you are going to enjoy and you will respond to those images. The person next to you may be filling their mind with images of fear. They may believe that some of the passengers look like terrorists and as they focus on the fact that the plane may crash they will respond to those images by becoming agitated and nervous. So two people on the same flight are responding differently because of the words and images they are creating.

The way we feel at any given time is due to what we focus on and what our focus comes from:
  • The pictures we make in our head.
  • The words we say to ourselves.

The good news is that we can change those words and pictures at any time and we can learn to make them more positive all the time. Scientists and doctors have noted that patients respond very well to positive suggestions. They reason that each of us has two selves – a conscious and a subconscious self. The conscious self that you are aware of has an unreliable memory, whereas the subconscious self has an amazing memory. It registers without our knowledge the smallest events and it accepts without reasoning whatever we tell it.

If your subconscious believes that your metabolic system is functioning successfully then it will. However, if it has accepted a suggestion that you come from a fat family and are helpless to do anything about it, then notwithstanding the fact that you were born with a normal weight and metabolism you are much more likely to remain overweight. These suggestions caused by negative beliefs, which you may not be consciously aware of, form blocks in your mind... you can and will overcome them.

Remember, these beliefs only exist in your imagination and you are free to change your thinking and your language as soon as you become aware of how limiting and destructive your language and beliefs are.
  • Your thoughts are yours to change.
  • Your mind is yours to direct.
  • Your body shape and eating habits are absolutely yours to change.

So don't let that devil on your shoulder tell you that you're destined to stay overweight, okay? Because it isn't true. If you stick to the plan and just keep going, you will get there. You might have to factor in that thing about your metabolism taking a bit longer to catch up with what's really happening, but other than that, you can be absolutely certain that it's going to work. There just aren't enough calories in 810 for it to be any other way! :clap:

Hope you have a great day out shopping with your Mum. :)

Lily, thank you so much for the post and for taking the trouble to write it all down for me :) I am so amazed by it I have printed it off and it really made alot of sense and I have found the book on Amazon. A good friend of mine is always telling me about the power of the mind and mindfulness. I have such an interest in all this it is time i started to read more about it.

I am thinking I have alot of work to do on myself as I feel there is alot of me I choose to ignore and except I am what I am, when it fact I am very open to new things.

In my work I strive to help other people and tomorrow night I am a guest speaker at an agm for the round table. I am speaking about my work with vulnerable young people and I am looking forward to going. When I told someone what I was doing they said to me have you actually thought what that takes?? to talk for half an hour to a room of strangers?? and to take it in your stride. I suppose I hadn't and just thought it was nice to be asked.

I suppose if I invested that passion into myself I will begin to improve my self worth?? The thing is with me I do it for a few day's and then tail off when I have a long day or I'm tired. That's the danger time when in fact that is precisely the time I should be doing it. :confused:

Well girls I enjoyed yesterday with Mum and she bought be a top that should be ok when (notice the when) I start to shed those pounds. The garden centre was lovely and we had a good time getting plants etc. Had coffee in the cafe and avoided the cake area :)

Today when I got up I physically felt ok, that sounds weird but with my illness if I over do it I get a pay back and end up very tired. Having a good day health wise for me is such a great feeling :) I used to think why can't I feel like this everyday but that used to make me sad so now I just seize it and enjoy it.

I burnt off some calories in the garden and cleaned the flat and all is ok in cd land. I really am trying to drink more water, I just need to keep it up back at work tomorrow.

Thanks again Lily ;)

Lily, thank you so much for the post and for taking the trouble to write it all down for me :) I am so amazed by it I have printed it off and it really made alot of sense and I have found the book on Amazon. A good friend of mine is always telling me about the power of the mind and mindfulness. I have such an interest in all this it is time i started to read more about it.

LOL, it was a bit of an essay, wasn't it? :eek: It would've been even longer but I tried to edit out some of it. It is a good book - but I recommend that if you buy it, you don't read the second half of it - for now. It's written in a hypnotic style and it seems to have done a bit of a number on me. :D Because Marisa Peer's diet is basically to cut out wheat and dairy, I suddenly found I couldn't drink Cambridge milkshakes anymore... Not helpful if you're wanting to stick to Cambridge, LOL. :D

I am thinking I have alot of work to do on myself as I feel there is alot of me I choose to ignore and except I am what I am, when it fact I am very open to new things.

In my work I strive to help other people and tomorrow night I am a guest speaker at an agm for the round table. I am speaking about my work with vulnerable young people and I am looking forward to going. When I told someone what I was doing they said to me have you actually thought what that takes?? to talk for half an hour to a room of strangers?? and to take it in your stride. I suppose I hadn't and just thought it was nice to be asked.

Wow. That is amazing, you know. But the reason you hadn't really thought about it that way - the room full of strangers thing - is because you're passionate about your subject. The subject is more important to you than you - you won't be thinking about making people think highly of you, you'll just be trying to make people think about the people you work with and raising their profile.

I suppose if I invested that passion into myself I will begin to improve my self worth?? The thing is with me I do it for a few day's and then tail off when I have a long day or I'm tired. That's the danger time when in fact that is precisely the time I should be doing it. :confused:

And there it is. :) You aren't comfortable with putting your needs first, or believing that you're worth the extra trouble - when in fact, you're a wonderful, caring, loving person. But you are worth the trouble, hunni. :hug99:

Well girls I enjoyed yesterday with Mum and she bought be a top that should be ok when (notice the when) I start to shed those pounds. The garden centre was lovely and we had a good time getting plants etc. Had coffee in the cafe and avoided the cake area :)

Today when I got up I physically felt ok, that sounds weird but with my illness if I over do it I get a pay back and end up very tired. Having a good day health wise for me is such a great feeling :) I used to think why can't I feel like this everyday but that used to make me sad so now I just seize it and enjoy it.

I burnt off some calories in the garden and cleaned the flat and all is ok in cd land. I really am trying to drink more water, I just need to keep it up back at work tomorrow.

Thanks again Lily ;)

I'm so glad you had a good day yesterday and didn't have to pay the price for it today. My OH struggles with hypothyroidism and something that may or may not be CFS so I know where you're coming from.

You keep glugging that water hun and keep on keeping on!

{{{hugs}}}

Your a star Lily :thankyou: you have worked me out! As a teenager I looked after my Mum alot, she had mental health problems and when I went out I alway felt guilty and came home early even if she was feeling ok. I suppose I just got used to putting her needs above mine and anybody else who needed looking after!!!

Over the years she has had alot more help and I feel now that I have my Mum back and we get on well. We don't dwell on the past and as I have grown up I know it wasn't her fault she had an illness.

I do have ME/CFS, I became very unwell two years ago and it hit me like a ton of bricks. It really isn't just feeling tired and I have a host of other things that flare up but I am learning what I can and can't do I find it hard and frustrating but I know there are alot of people far worse than me and I'm grateful for that.

It's one of those things that people can't see and I've had heaps of tests etc. I am very fortunate to have an understanding GP. My night medication helps me sleep and rests my head and nerves. Before I took them I had months of partial paralises down one side and it felt like a constant crawling sensation it used to drive me nuts. But that is under control after alot of trial and error.

I do get frustrated trying to keep the flat and garden up together and I wish I had someone who could help out. But I don't so with work as well I do the best I can.

I think the worst bit is the brain fog, I totally forget what I am talking about at times and forget the name's of things.. my colleagues at work are great and we just use humour when that strikes.

I am grateful I have my laptop, the best present I ever had as it allows me to chat to people on here and the ME forum I belong too.

Have a good day tomorrow and thanks again Lily :)

Finally I have made it home. Tonight I went to a charity AGM. I was asked to go to talk to them about my work with young people and how they could help us raise funds in the future. I went to a lovely hotel and I wasn't sure what to expect. When everyone started to come into the room and the nerves started I thought oh gawd how am I going to do this :eek:

So my half hour slot turned into an hour and the feedback was that I captivated my audience and everyone really enjoyed the evening and they have agreed to support our organisation. So my debut in public speaking has been a success and I am actually feeling quite good about it.

Driving home I thought you did it girl, when you set your mind to it you just do it. I think I need to seize moments and go do it instead of over thinking it.

Oh yes and cd wise all is ok. I'm not hungry at all and I am doing it. I really want a loss this week. One more day and it's weigh day. A day early this week so I hope that's going to be ok. :)

Yay, well done! :happy096:

Captivated your audience, eh? It doesn't get better than that, huh? :clap: Wouldn't it be nice if you could bottle moments like these so that when you have a low spell, you could just whip the lid off and take a big sniff? :D :D

Thanks Lily :) that is so true. I did enjoy it and if it helps our cause then I'm happy. Thank you again for your helpful post yesterday I keep looking back at it x

Today is day whatever :) I've stopped counting. Today has been hard as I have been hungry. I thought that had passed and it was proper hunger not my normal head hunger. My stomach was growling all day and even the water didn't settle it. I am awash with the stuff today.

Tomorrow is weigh day and I'm abit nervous if I'm honest.. I really need a loss! At the mo my head is in the zone and I'm ploughing ahead. It's only going to be five day's so fingers crossed. :)

Well don't faint but I managed a pound loss :) I am still on the same med's so at least my body has given up a pound of fat!! :eek:

I managed to swerve the pizza today at work but I did stare at it for abit too long! I was starving as I held off on the water from about 3.00pm as I had an evening weigh in.

Work has been busy and I think people at work are finally excepting I am doing cd. It seems to of changed since someone else started to do it :confused: or perhaps they are finally bored of analyzing what I'm having for lunch.. apart from when someone asked me should I be eating chocolate?? oh yes I said this is specail chocolate ;) don't you just love cd mint bars :)

Hello Shanny thanks for stopping by :) I am in the pink :) for the first time in ages I have finally gone into ketosis. I have in fact been buzzing around all day. I don't think I have felt like this ever so all in all I am feeling positive and hoping now that ketosis might give me a better loss next week. I have finally stopped being hungry and I have had to remember to have my shakes.

I am having my hair done tomorrow and then apart from the normal cleaning and shopping it's a quite weekend for me.

I have actually come home from work tonight, stripped the bed, changed it all and put the washing on. I have done so well I have turned down a night out tomorrow. A friend of mine is having a do and there will be lots of food and wine and I don't want to go and just drink water. Our next do is to see take that so I will save myself for that :D

Well done on the pound, hunni! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Every little helps... :D

Hope you have a lovely weekend!

Finally it's time to sit down :) I had my hair done today which always cheers me up, so here I am in my PJ's with a nice hair do. As I said yesterday the girls are meeting up tonight and I have declined. I don't drink very often but when we have a do I like a drop of red wine ;) I could of coped with the wine (well just about) but nibbles and pizza would be served and I'm not going to tempt fate and ruin the ketosis thingy. For someone who hardly ever gets in the pink it wasn't worth it.

June will bring Take That and a 40th Birthday so its worth the wait.

I had a surprise when I got home today. We have had a two year pay freeze and it's not ending yet but due to our company meeting the business plan and exceeding expectations we are all going to receive a bonus in May :D it won't take me off on an exotic holiday but it certainly will help out my bank balance and it will stretch to a new frock for the party.

One of my friends is popping in before going to tonight's do. She sent a txt to say she had a surprise for me and I have no idea what the heck it is, so I will keep you posted. ;)

Well the girls arrived last night and my friend gave me a pressie :D such a nice thing to do and it isn't even my Birthday so I feel spoilt :)

I still can't remember what day I am actually on all I know is that I'm on the way to finishing another day. I had abit of head hunger today. I was a bit hungry and my little stick wasn't as pink as it was so perhaps that's why. Not starving but peckish but the head hunger was alot stronger. I still have a long way to go in banishing the thoughts I have about having a little treat!!! Or perhaps it's because I always associate the weekend with having a little something. A bit like when I visit my Mum's house. She always has nice things in the cupboard and I automatically want something. I did however say no to Fox's ginger crunchs creams yesterday :) and that's brilliant for me.

Back to work tomorrow and this week I get weighed on Thursday so a good few day's to yet. I'm hoping I get another burst of ketosis energy soon as today was alittle harder feeling hungry.

I have a dream this week that I will get into the 14's. That will mean a loss of five pounds. I know it might not be possible due to my medication but I'm putting it out there and let's see what happens. Positive mental attitude ;)

Aww how lovely of your friend.. what did she buy you then?? lol

you still feeling hungry ? or have they settled down? x

No more hunger Shanny I am really in the pink so to speak! woopie :) infact I've never been so pink !!! I collect Charlie Bears and my lovely friend bought me the one that had eluded my collection for about a year. She had the chance to add one to her own collection free of charge as she had helped out in a bear shop. Instead of getting one for herself she spotted the one I wanted for my collection and got him from me. She would not let me pay for it !! I was really embarrassed :eek: but she said she was happy to do it just for the look on my face. A true friend indeed.

So my cd journey is going really well and I am hoping for a few pounds this week :)

Work is a bit up and down this week. We have a new manager. I've got a bit rattled today as it's been abit like teaching Grannnie to suck eggs! After twelve years I do know what to do with certain bits of paper :( onwards I go to Thursday, fingers crossed x

Back