Hi all!

Hope you're well. I'm new to minimins but I have been reading lots of the posts over the last few days.

I am just finishing day 5 of the Cambridge diet and I am doing Step 2.

I'm just feeling a little worried because I thought I would at least be feeling a little positive difference by now. But instead I'm actually feeling a little heavier. I have stuck to the plan, although I did have a tin of pink salmon which I'm not sure is in the list.

I have my first weigh in on Tuesday morning and after reading so many amazing first week results... I'm worried that mine will be minimal, if any loss at all.

I'm holding on to hope though! But if it is too disappointing on Tuesday, I won't be staying on the plan :(

Hey findlittleme,

Stop that talk, just seen your posts, can't find your diary, jump on mine. Cwp plan until Xmas target 2017... in the diaries section will post more tomoz but too tired right now.

Will give you some thoughts to help you stay on track xxxxx

Last edited:
I know just how you feel. Today is my day 1 but I'm already stressing about the first weigh in. Everyone seems to have these massive losses and I've NEVER done a diet that had a good loss on the first week of the kind that others talk about. I think 4lbs was my limit.

BUT I just keep reminding myself that their journey is not my journey and we're all starting from different places, with different weights, different bodies, different lives. If everyone was exactly the same things would be very easy, and probably very boring!

Keep going, you're doing great!

Thanks Baby_Caddy! And yes, should definitely not compare your journey to other people's... But it's just so hard not to:oops:

I think I'm most worried because with such a drastic change, I expected to feel some effect of it by now, but I don't.

But I am still proud of myself, especially for almost getting through the weekend, which I knew would be harder! :D

Just got to keep going and see what happens on Tuesday.

All the best! You're more than half way through your first day now, you can do it!;)

Last edited:
Hey FLM,

I meant to post properly, I had gone to sleep but my daughter and her friends woke me up, they're watching movies and saw a spider, they're all in the loft extension but had me up there trying to find the bloody thing and clearly it's disappeared..

Opps had to leave they started screaming again. Got the Gtech gun and hoovered it up..

Anyway, any weight loss plan is a daunting task, step 2, is just the same as what I'm doing, I just have to have a 4th product and when I don't I substitute my 4th product for a 200 cal meal.

800 cals is very low, and I still lose weight, see how you get on, it will make a difference. Baby C mentioned that everyone's journey is different, because we are all different. Everyone had something going on, but this is about you today. Who you are, where you've been that hit you from 9st to today after a few years. Hopefully whatever that is you're able to address that and doing so will set your mind in place.

Your mind is focused and in the "zone" you've got your step in place, exactly the same as mine, I'm 9 inches taller than you, and will burn cals differently. As long as you stay in ketosis. You will burn fat stored and you will lose.

I'm here from now until I lose another 4 stones, less now I think by a few pounds. But we're in this for the long term, that includes maintenance and continual check in. You've established a routine, experiment with your products and meals, you should b in ketosis and the hunger abated.

Right now, you're not hungry but your precious routine is what's on your mind when you'd be reaching for this or that.

Reach for the products and add little things.. I make mine up with extra water, soaking, time nuking in the microwave.

When you may lose your focus, find something to do which will distract you. Up until only a couple of weeks ago, I would jump in the car and go for a drive with my daughter, lucky it's the school hols as I would get a craving around 9pm, I hopped in the car and drove for an hour.

Go for a walk, exercise on this plan isn't really advised. I walk my two dogs, browse holiday sites, and make an itinary of a 3 week tour, find something that suits you that you love that will distract you, keep your mind focused on what you want to do which is reach goal and keep you busy. Once you have that routine you'll be sailing along.

Have you been weighing yourself daily.. ;) we all do it, that keeps you on track. Also unless you've a particular reason to be on step to, maybe mix it up a little and drop to step 1 once or twice a week. Have 3 products and skip the meal etc...

Glug that water down, I can't help but want to drink so much. My blood pressure has dropped from 102/145 yup walking heart attack which it was for about 3 months back down to normal range. That's just from the 30+ pounds I've lost to date.

My knees and legs no longer hurt, joints were in such pain, and calves, so much build up of lactic acid or something strange it took me 20mins to move in the mornings.

I can jump up out of bed again. The difference it will bring you. And you've known how it feels to be slimmer not so long ago. Retrain yourself to have the food mindset you had when you were slimmer, just be that person again and the pounds will drop !! Every week you will see a positive difference. Some weeks of losses are low, guaranteed you'll see your body working to adjust to those losses and shrink your skin back without leaving loose skin.

Who the heck wants that. I notice if mine are lower or no change, the body takes a month to adjust itself to weigh loss, I see my tummy or arms are shrinking, look out for what you see changing for the better about yourself. All the water you drink and no fizz and decaf coffee is my go to, but the cellulite, it does go, you're eating cleaner and fresher and dang lady you have only 2 days to weigh in. Mine is Tuesday too... ;)

As is our mantra!!! You got this lady

Wake up to day 6 feeling great. And know you're not alone in this. We're all on this journey with you.

You'll be celebrating your first stone soon. Wait until that happens and most likely in the first few weeks. The buzz it gives you, then the next.. set yourself the mini goals and celebrate any and all changes.

I had to put a link back on to my watch, it's now so loose it's brilliant.

You've got this FLM!!

Bfn.:: early start urgggh hopefully the girls have gone to sleep now it's my turn

xxx

Back