CD starter

Eloise2104

Hi everyone.

Just looking for some advice really! I plan on starting CD soon, but I am a student nurse and am currently working on a very busy ward.
During the first few days of CD, do you feel faint/agitated at all?
Would it be worth waiting until I finish my placement in June so I can focus on it fully?

Thank you x

Hi :) I'm starting the diet Tuesday and I've been asking people on here for advice , a lot of people have said that its worse the first few days so make sure you drink loads and loads of water - hopefully you shouldn't feel faint

Hope this helps and good luck!

Xxx

Hiya im a student also that does hospital placement. Im currently on day 3, and luckily starting during easter hols, i have a few weeks in uni before next placement. My advice would be if you are mentally ready then go for it. The first few days are tough but once ketosis kicks in you will be fine. From my own experience i have noticed a massive difference this time eating healthy and cutting down carbs before starting makes it sooo much more bearable. If i was you i would start on a weekend so the 1st 2 days you are off + i would also start on a higher plan or SS+ as atleast then you can still have a meal at placement. If you do that then by June you could be 1-2 stone lighter depending on what step you do. If you do choose a step where you can have a meal + you drink plently of water you should be fine + you'll be suprised how you wont be hungry after the 1st week Anyways good luck whatever you decide to do :).

Im also a student nurse. Started when i was on placement and found it very easy, now on week 5 my advice would be either take a soup for lunch or a made up shake as its much easier, i also feel being on the ward helps me drink my litres of water easily, good luck u will do fab x

Hiya! I'm on day 3 of the diet and I was only saying today how I haven't been cranky at all, and I still have energy... So I would say go for it... From what I've heard you have loads of energy once you are properly on the diet (I can't comment on that just yet though) :) good luck x

Thank you so much everybody for your advice :)
Also, it's lively to see other student nurses out there!
Keep up the good work xx

Back