CDC Advice please

I take my 3.5 year old to my weigh ins- he is a typical little boy and wants to touch things etc but i make it about him too. I tell him beofre we go that we are going to Maureens to get weighed and i let him go on the scales too. He gets a bit restless but i tend to be quick - no more than 10-15 mins. Why not try this - weigh the kids and measure them too - they like that, makes them feel involved - alternatively i'd go to the ladies house. It difficult as some people, me included, have to take their kids and they don't always behave as we'd like, it can get a bit stressful trying to talk and listen to CDC whilst watching kids too. I wouldn't be too worried about the tetras falling on them - not unless they are piled to the ceiling. What about having a pack of stickers and offering a star if the kids behave for 5 mins. I think there are a few options but i would avoid offending your client by saying anything - toddlers can be a handful for the best of parents. My son took a full scale tantrum in my CDC's house on one ocassion and she had to help me get him downstairs which was a bit embarassing but she didn't seem one bit perturbed by it. We have to remember its boring for them - what toddler wants to sit and listen to diet talk!

Sorry, but i just put myself in the lady's shoes and wondered how i would feel if i had logged on here & found a post like this from my CDC. I'd be mortified to the point where i probably wouldnt go back to him.

Maybe i have taken it too much to heart but its difficult not to sometimes when you've found yourself in a similar situation (not with my CDC i hasten to add - i hope :eek::))

I know for a fact that she doesn't log in here and believe me, if she did she would not know i was talking about her.

Thank you to eveyone for your advice.

the thread ws called CDC Advice please i dont think its unproffesinal (cant spell sorry).

Back