ProPoints Celtic Tiger - A man on a MISSION!!!

hope you had a good sleep,,is your orange squash sugar free??

You've just reminded me I really need to up my juice intake, it always seems to make such a difference!! Hope you have a good weekend :)

smoked cooley ,isnt that like smoked haddock. Havnt had that in ages. Used to cook that (actually my mother used to)simmered in milk and thickened with a spoonfull of cornflour (dissolved in a little milk in a cup first and add) . Lovely just with spuds . Could try with skim milk to make it lower fat. Just an idea if you didnt like it fried.

Forgot to add it comes out a wierd orange colour but really tasty

Last edited:
Hi yummymummy75 - Yes, I slept the sleep of the just! Horrendous day Friday, I just wanted it to end ( the day that is, hence the early night!

I am trying different Double Concentrate squashes at the moment. They are advertised as No Added Sugar. I put the data into the WW calculator and it comes up as Zero. You only need a tiny amount in the pint glass to make up a refreshing drink. To be honest, I just couldn't manage to drink 4-5 pints of water a day without some flavouring. So if it's a point or two over the day, so be it.

Hi Breda, you're spot on about the Smoked Coley. That's how we used to have it as kids & swimming in REAL SALTY butter! Happy Days :D:D:D I fried it off in olive oil & it was grand.

TIP
As I said on here previously, I'm steering clear of dairy at the moment, What a difference it has made to my life-long sinus problem. I'm using soya milk instead and I find it great. Actually Soya Light tastes better.

Hi NAJH, You are right about the weather, it bucketed down for the first half of the day!
I drove over to Oughterard, Co Galway with my youngest for a family church function. The skies just opened, all the kiddies & glamorous Mums were soaked. But then around 3pm, like someone turned the light on, we had glorious sunshine, incredible! And yes Nik, the "craic was ninety"!!! :D:D:D

Well folks, yesterday, my youngest son and I set off for a three and a half hour journey around 9am., after a hearty brekkie of:

B:
Coffee & soya (0)
2 slices of white pan (6)
Scrambled eggs (6)

That sustained me until mid afternoon

L:
3 slices of wholemeal soda (6)
Smoked Salmon (10)

Cous Cous 4 (Wanted to try it since a certain Scot on here lives on it!!! :D Not bad!)
Chicken leg - 2
salad(0)
potato salad (4)
Pasta (4)

Huge plate, TINY Portions, NO ALCOHOL,VERY PROUD OF MYSELF!!!

Didn't even look in the direction of the dessert trolly.

Then drove my favourite aunt home to Enniscrone, Co Sligo.That 2 hour leg of the journey took us through some spectacular rugged scenery of Galway, Mayo & Sligo

Then another 1 and a half hour journey to Bundoran, Co Donegal. Again, it was spectacular to see Benbulbin mountain, and the sun setting on the coastal landscape.

Finished my business there at 10pm. At that stage there was no plce left to eat only chippers. KFC was closed! 10pm on a Sat night.:rolleyes:

Anyway, we decided to put some miles behind us. I had to drive across a section of Northern Ireland. It was beautiful, watching the dusk fall on Lough Erne, outside Enniskillen. We stopped and stretched our legs and soaked in the vista that stretched out in front of us. Got stopped at a PSNI Checkpoint by a very pleasant & courteous lady Policewoman, who wished us a safe journey home.

Got to Cavan & Junior was peckish & tired. We spotted the golden arches, so we settled for a visit to McDonalds for our long overdue dinner. We NEVER eat there, but I'd have to say it was a none too unpleasant experience. I had a Chicago Meal (20 points, I believe)

We did'nt get home until 1.30a.m. Jr slept for the last 2 hours, bless him. All in all I drove for 10 hours yesterday, but it was well worth it.

On the weight front, I have STS for the past few days, but as I have said here before, for me it's not all about numbers on a scales.

Positives:
Firstly, my new suit fitted SOO much better. I moved my belt along two more notches, so I've lost at least two inches there. I stood that little taller, beaming from the compliments my relatives gave me telling me how relaxed and well I looked, despite the frantic 3 1/2 drive there :D

I was able to have the confidence that I could approach the buffet without going mad. I pointed the food I had, but even at that I was generous with the points as I just had tastes of each rather than generous portions. There was plenty of food there, I just had all I wanted, for a change, all I wanted was a little! I did have two pints of blackcurrant squash, that might have taken the edge off the appetite.

So all in all after the Cr*p day I had on Frday, yesterday will go down as a very special day on many fronts, plus the bonus was I got to share it with my little man.

Good luck to you all, enjoy your Sunday.

Regards,

Conor

Hi conor, that sounds like a lovely ,tiring day and well done on being so good at the buffet. Those things are a nightmare with so much variety around . God you must be knackered today from all that driving . Id be crippled after that ,bad back. Mc donalds isnt actually a bad option compared to the damage you could do at a normal chipper.. Enjoy today and relax

Hi Breda, yep, just chillin to-day. Give yourself a laugh, go the recipe section here and read about my Pizza. Dominos are shaking in their shoes haha

He He Gordan Ramsey is safe I reckon!!!!

Mind you I would probably have done the same thing (except the ham on the turn!!). These 4pp wraps the girls are talking about must be fairly thick(solid) . I can imagine the look on the kids faces. !!:D.Well done on putting things so eloquently . you have to laugh and not take life too seriously sometimes. Have you got a plan B for dinner .

wow you did a lot of driving!!!it's great visiting family tho,,it's very important for the kids i reckon,,i havent moved off the couch today,,went to a 40th last night got home at 4,,have to admit since joining ww last yr this was my first real blow out and i loved every mouthful:D am giving up the evil drink!!!!

I'm new here so havent read all the posts on this thread but Ive read the first page and the last page lol!!! I have been doing WW pro points for a few months and have lost 23lbs, I am feeling myself go a bit backwards now so am on here to hopefully get some motivation!!

Lovely to meet you all :))) xxxx

Hi Breda, you're damn right, Ramsey has nothing to worry about! :D:D:D

The kids were out, I thought I'd do a "Dry Run" first - Oh Jeez, if I produced that fiasco to my kids, they'd be on to Childline and I'd be arrested for Child Abuse and wasting good ingredients! :D:D:D

This cooking thing is all new to me, I've had a few close shaves, but nothing like to-days DISASTER!!! :eek::eek::eek: I think I'll put off the Chateaubriand for another couple of weeks:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

All the best,

Conor (The Chef!!!)

Hi yummymummy75, good to hear from you! You did right, we all need a good blow-out from time to time. I ended up on my ear, "celebrating" the visit of Queen Elizabeth II. I'm sure she was impressed! I was rough the following afternoon :rolleyes:

We have Obama arriving to-morrow, I might resume the celebrations then... :D

If I can't have one with you, I'll have one for you. :flirt2:

In my defense, I have just opened a can of Guinness. That's the first tipple I've has since Tuesday, the first this week-end!!!

Am I FINALLY getting sense??? :eek::eek::eek:

Hope Not :D:D:D

Last edited:
Hi hilbil21, you are very welcome along. I respectfully suggest you take the time to study this thread forensically, as there are nuances and idiosyncrasies that may elude you if you do not. :rolleyes:

It's like arriving into the pub at closing time coming from work stone cold sober, and joining the conversation.:D:D:D

Welcome to the Dark Side!

Conor (the Chef)

wish i had gone to Moneygall to see the president!!!!!have a diet 7 up for me will you,,i couldnt handle another drink:)

Good evening Chef Conor

Your culinary tales are really amusing me, ha! Good on you though for having a go! You'll have it sussed in no time at all! Hope you are celebrating Obama's visit with a little tipple...why not eh?! :D:D

Hi gals, thanks for all the comments.

I had a bit of an off day, think it's my TOTM!!! :D:D:D

I kinda lost interest in food/diet to-day. I had a frantic morning and just ended up making Ham, cheese & tomato toasties for Brunch around 1p.m., with a coffee on Soya milk. I reckon about 12 PP

Then I had to collect my youngest from school early, with YET another migraine. I got him a big duvet and snuggled him up an the couch and we watched President Obama visit the birthplace of his grandfathers, grandfather in Moneygall, Co. Offally . He left there in 1850. It was a lovely memory to share with my son.

I then decided to cook a traditional meal of roast chicken pieces, carrots/parsnips & peas, and boiled potatoes. I had ONE spud, and was in a frump all evening after that. :sigh:

It really knocked me out. I lay on the bed beside my little guy and we watched a Harry Potter movie. Well 10 mins in, I was fast asleep! They woke me 20 mins later, to bring them to rowing practice. Got there and it was cancelled! CURSES! AND IT SPOLIED MY BEAUTY SLEEP!:D:D:D

Came home and made a coffee and ate a big shortbread biscuit and halved a small chocolate muffin with my youngest. Then we lay on our respective couches in the Sitting room and watched episode after episode of CSI.

Having a bottle of Cider now before I turn in. I am not going to worry about to-day, it was just one of those days, up and at it again to-morrow!

I re-input my vital statistics into the points allocation calculator, and my daily allocation has dropped from 59 to 53 points a day. I just have ONE more pound to loose to hit the 1 stone/5% Target milestones. I am hoping to crack this case by the week end.

Best of luck to you ladies, hope you all have great successes this week.

Good night one and all and thanks again for the support.

Conor

Ha Ha, TOTM!!! Men's TOTM lasts all month long!!!

Don't worry too much about your off day..we all have em and I think there would be something wrong with you if you don't have them. Like you say straight back on it tomorrow!! :D

Back