ProPoints Celtic Tiger - A man on a MISSION!!!

Morning all. I took a break from dieting last night. A good mate called in and we went for a few drinkies in our local pub. Needless to say, the television footage was all about Queen Elizabeth II's visit to Ireland. It was wonderful to see such a symbolic & historic event in our lifetime. I am proud to say, her visit was unanimously appreciated by all the patrons, myself included.

Sounds like a good night !! debating wether to get some vino in tonight-hubby away-do I trust myself not to drink the whole bottle ? Then deal with the school run hung over ? Oh decisions ! decisions !!

Hi mommieB, you have a dilemma for sure...but a pleasant one.;)

I'd go for it, and maybe just have a couple of glasses. Here I am giving advice, after me forgetting to come home from the pub last night :D:D:D The demon drink! :rolleyes:

come on then spill the beans, how many points did you use in the pub or didn't you bother counting them?!

Hi Elaine, I'd say I blew my entire 49 weeklies! Not too proud of myself, but in my defense, I was Home Alone, the kids were at their friends for a sleep-over. I haven't enjoyed a night like it in ages.

Very good boy to-day. Just have a scrummy feed of Meatballs as per the recipe on here, a huge success. Off now to bring my son rowing, while I walk the hounds for an hour.

Wouldn't worry about it too much, I guess your weeklies are there to be used! I'm sure you'll get right back on track no probs! I too had meatballs tonight, decided to make them with turkey mince, they were delicious!!

No regrets, Jane, I enjoyed the company very much.
Really enjoyed Meatballs dish in the Recipe Section this evening. Very nourishing & tasty. I'd highly recommend it.

Yes, the Meatballs dish was scrummy! Thumbs up all round.

Another day of threading water, weight wise. STS Don't care, watching what I eat and drinking loads of water. Feeling much better for it to-day.

Best of luck everybody

B - 4 nectarines (o)
L - 2 sausage & bacon (20)
Heaps of mushrooms (0)

4 pts of Lemon Barley (0) ???

D - chicken (4)
Veg Stir Fry (2) olive oil
Potatoe (4)
4 more pints of water. Reading an Exante thread, and saw that they drink 5 LITRES of the stuff!

Last edited:
good evening celtictiger

if i drank anywhere near 8 pints of squash/water i would be peeing for england :8855:

Good morning Elaine, I agree, same here:D:D:D I'm bad enough, I could never leave my kidneys to anyone :rolleyes:

TIP
When I was doing a course to give up smoking, they gave us a very interesting tip. Because your hands you are not occupyied as they would have been before while smoking, it feels awkward and clumsy. So you tend to grab your glass more often => drink much faster. So in order to slow you down while still occupying your hands, order a glass of water along with your drink. It slows down the speed of your alcohol consumption. I sometimes still do it, but at the end of the night I'm off to the loo every few minutes...might help someone

Good news, I dropped another pound this morning. I'm pleased to see the loss. I am being realistic about this weight loss. I can't expect to see a weight loss every time I hop on the scales. However, I kept within my points (for the past couple of days), and did another 45 mins walk while my son was rowing again last night. Must update exercise log.

Best of luck to all who WI to-day.

Regards,

Conor

water was never a strong point for me,,neither is squash,,now give me black tea and i'd drink that all day:)oh and too much liquid is bad for you:)

water no, vodka and diet coke no problems!

MommyB - Well done, a loss is a loss! Don't spend all your time making sand-castles ;)

Enjoy the break.

HI YUMMYMUMMY75 - Yeah, there's I lot I don't quiet grasp about the Exante plan, but it seems to get staggering results for those on it. Wonder if the weight loss could be sustained???
Rhetorical Question - probably for another forum...

Elaine, I like the way you're thinking, but I must resist, no I MUST!!! :D:D:D

Had an interesting feed of Smoked Coley this evening fried off in a little olicve oil (5)
2 miserable excuses for potatoes (4)
Heaps of steamed veggies (0)

4 pints of Orange squash (0)???

Hugely stressful day, so I'm off to the land of nod. Night all

Back