ProPoints Celtic Tiger - A man on a MISSION!!!

Hi Jo, ah here, 2 hours is NOTHING to you!

You just blew my mind away with the mini-marathons you walk EVERY DAY, for Heavens sake! That is incredible...and hats off to you, girl.

If it's not impolite to ask, roughly how long does it take you to hoof 27,000 steps??? I think I did about 5 miles to-day, with the two dogs, down nearby country roads, but Sweet Georgia Brown, 11 miles of a walk, I'd be in casualty after that!!!

The best of luck to you if you can do it, you are a shining beacon to us all!!!

You are quiet blase, about it, but I think it is Super human...and to do it in that short time, it's fantastic.!

You are quiet right though, it is all about getting into the habit of it. I knew to-day was going to be a challenge, but it was a hell of a lot less of a challenge than when I was carrying around the
other 12 lbs of blubber!

I am going to attempt 30 mins exercise every other day, but the walking is great, fresh air and a chance to de-stress.

One step closer to our goals, I like that!

i agree! once you get started you'll get into the habit quickly. its just starting that is proving to be difficult for me lol xx

Good one Jo, I'll get out to-day... I PROMISE!!!

I spent the past 3 days in Galway, with my Mum in one Hospital & my Dad in another.

We thought dad had a Stroke/Heart Attack, on Monday, shooting pains down the left arm and no power in his left arm.

Good news is it amounts to a trapped nerve so he was discharged on Tues, and Mum was finally discharged yesterday. I brought them back to stay with me, so it's a bit like being an extra in the film Cocoon around here at the moment, so an hour's walk this evening will be welcome "Head Repairs" :rolleyes:

Glad everyone is ok tho !! Enjoy your walk and remember to hide their zimmer frames so they cant follow !!!

aww im glad the folks are ok Conor. Did have to giggle about cocoon. does that make you an alien? xx

Very funny ladies. must be something in the air over there :D:D:D

Rained Buckets over here. Got to see my niece that was born yesterday, it was really special for granny & grandad too.

Yes, I am holding out every hope for that hour of exercise. I'll keep you posted.

Care to go out in sympathy with me ladies???

no chance!

Yes Ladies, I am that Soldier! I shall trek the hills & valleys of Wicklow yet to-night, and there is every chance I won't return to the circus my life has become in the last couple of days :eek::eek::eek:

We have an expression over here, "Minding mice at a cross-roads" well that's as futile as my planned scheduled, organised & finely tuned (business) life has been this week. I have taken on the role of fire-fighter, stumbling from parent created crisis to crisis. A bit like when Frasier Crane's dad moved in :cry::cry::cry:

I am wondering if the folks are this far gone, or are trying to drive me into the Home for the Bewildered... I cant be sure, but it's working... :D:D:D

Last edited:
Hi new to all this how do i get my tinkerbell factory ticker on my profile?

LOL do you mean tickerfactory ? just click on someones and I think it directs you to the website-just follow the instructions there :)

Connor , it's weird how things come full circle isnt it-now who's the parent and who's the child ? enjoy them while you can no matter how nuts they drive you

I'm BACK!!! ONE MAN & HIS DOG!

I decided to bring just the Boxer to-night. I knew if I didn't get the hour in, ye would have me tormented!!! :D:D:D

It was a lovely moonlight night, but the last stretch is fully covered over with trees so it's pitch black. We were power-walking our way through this section when this couple stepped forward from the bushes. I cant testify to what they were at exactly, but suffice it to say that a heavy breathing, 19 stone Shrek like figure lunging towards them in pitch darkness curtailed any romantic notions they may have had...;)

If I ain't gettin any, neither should they!!!:D:D:D

Stats updated & dog exhausted at my feet! 2 more pints of Blackcurrant cordial & then off to bye byes for Shrek Good night ladies XX :flirt2:

Well done on the walk Conor, your braver than me!! lol

Yes, Leanne, but at what price???

I may have cost a young couple their s*x lives, the sight of Shrek could haunt them for years!!! :D:D:D

Holy Cow !!!!!!!! they must be warm blooded in Wicklow . Its bloody cold here !! .

Well done on getting out for the walk Conor. You have a lot on your plate with your parents and everything. I agree with Mommy B though. However distracted they drive you ,try to scream silently because only too soon they could be gone. I looked after my dad after my mother passed away in 1984 (I was 17) and he was the most contrairy man at times. If he wanted something done ,it had to be done straight away no matter what you had going on in your life (Had too small very active kids) but he would give you his heart too. When he died six years ago (Christmas day 2006) I missed him so much. Some times its hard to see the wood from the trees .

Thanks, Breda. they love it up here with me and the kids. it's so frantic, they can't believe we get so much done in a day. They love being part of what's going on, and we love having them, but Sweet Georgie Brown, you'd need the Patience of Job and the Wisdom of Solomon sometimes with them...Thanks for sharing about your folks. x

Oh, I nearly forgot... I'm an Auntie!!! (Irish Joke) just means I have a new niece. Precious little thing, I visited her to-day and brought along her grandparents. A tender moment.

The proudest moment of my life was handing my father my 1 day old son, his first grandchild on his 70th Birthday. He'll be 85, God willing on the 18th of this month

Aaaah thats so lovely Conor . Moments like that make all the s..t of this life worthwhile.. Congrats on becoming an Aunty!!! . Is that your first niece or nephew . I am a grand aunt to too little girls in England at 46 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back