ProPoints Celtic Tiger - A man on a MISSION!!!

Hey Conor , you have gone quiet . Any ska from wickla side.

Hi Breda, down n Galway. Mum had a Stroke, and I'm struggling with the HSE @ the moment. No fun. Back on line as soon as I get this sorted.

Conor .I am so sorry about your mum . Will be thinking of you . Breda

Thanks Breda for the kind thoughts.

I got her in to a hospital, but it's not the one we want. She is back where she had her original stroke and it has so many negative associations for her. Her BP is through the roof again this a.m. so it's touch and go. Will know more later...

In time of crisis, meals, get missed, you grab snacks on the go, so the diet has slid...that's life. Just home, jumped on the scales for the fun & see that I have gained 2 lbs. Not the end of the world.

So back to it...

B - Slice of soda bread - 4
40g Cheese - 4
Tomato - 0
Coffee - 0 Total = 8

Hi Conor. Please God your mother wiil improve. Its so hard when parents are ill . Do you have any siblings to help you.thats really important. Dont worry about the weight. That will work itself out when the time is right.

Hi Conor I'm really sorry to hear about your mum and wish her a speedy recovery, its worrying times eh?! Jo is definately right make sure you look after yourself too, all the running around can take it's toll!

hope your mum gets better soon,,dad had a stroke a yew yrs back and still cant use his arm:(

Hi ladies, thanks for the words of support. She appears to be doing well and we are hoping to get her home for a few hours on Sat & Sun provided her BP remains under control, but she has to be back in each evening. To be honest, she needs the medical care she is getting, but that pretty much is just Mon-Fri, nothing happens on w-ends so they are glad to discharge patients for a few hours, cuts down on work for the skeleton staff on duty...cursed Cut-Backs!!!

Continued successes ladies with your weight loss. I'll be back on here to torment you all when this situation is over :D:D:D

Hi Conor

Hope your mum enjoys her time at home this weekend and you get a bit of a break from hospital visiting. You are dead right about nothing happening over the weekend, it really is unfortunate if you happen to take unwell on a Saturday! Look after yourself!!

Good morning guys & gals. Again, many thanks for all the good wishes. Sadly, the news isn't great for Mum. She has developed several complications and has lost a lot of ground this week, although there was some improvement last night.

I jumped on my WW electronic scales, but the batteries have died! just as well :D:D:D

Hopefully, I haven't strayed too far off track, drank loads of water/squash, avoided the bad stuff & ate reasonably healthy.

Been a very good boy with the alcohol. Honestly, my tip of the pint of water with the pint of lager really does work, and it makes it so much simpler and safer with driving the following day. I avoid driving for 2 hours for every pint of alcohol I've had the night before, so if I've had 4 pints of alcohol accompanied by 4 pints of water, I'm fine to drive 8 hours later.

Must get batteries for the scales, then it will tell all.

Bank Holiday week-end here and the boys finished their exams, so it looks like we're heading West again.

Best of luck to all you LOSERS ........ (weight losers, of course ;))

Good News, I found new batteries and hopped up on the scales. After almost 2 weeks "Off-Plan" - all I put up was 1.5lbs. I'm DELIGHTED!!!

More importantly, I am thrilled that I have LEARNED to incorporate the principals of this regime into my daily life, and while even if I am not sticking rigidly to pointing in a planner , I can make choices that limit the possible damage I COULD do which would blow me out of the water. It's a great start to my day!

(Thought I'd share a bit of good news for a change!)

Good to hear from you Conor. So sorry to hear about your mum . Hopefully she will rally . Its no fun getting old.

Looks like we are going to get some sun this weekend TG . I think everyone needs the boost.

Son here finished school yesterday but is facing junior cert exams starting June 8th. Not in to studying same guy but I think boys are like that.

Probably best thing the scales isnt working. Dont worry too much about it.:D

Hi Breda, Jo & Jane, thanks for the good thoughts for Mum. She rallied a little to-day. We are hoping she can come home for a few hours each day of the Bank Holiday week-end. The hospital staff are just as happy to let her out, less work for the skeleton staff over the week-end. If she only slept while at home, it would be great. The lady in the bed beside her could snore for Ireland...AND WIN!!! So here's hoping...

Just back after a two-hour walk with the dogs.... and I'm stiff everywhere except where I should be... :D:D:D

Now off for a quick shower and directly to the Bar where I shall have the greatest of pleasure consuming ALL my AP's :cool:

To-day's Tally -

Brunch - Breaded Chicken Breast (Deli) - 8
Mini baguette - 8
Coleslaw - 5

Total 21

Dinner - Grilled Pork Chop - (Dry Feed!!!) - 8
Stir Fry - mange tout, baby corn, onions, peppers - 0
Sea salt, soy sauce, piri piri sprinkles - 2

Total 10

Hi Jane,
That's 21 for Brunch plus another 10 for my dull Pork dinner + since then a further 12 for 2 pints of Carlsberg (pure nectar!!! ) :D:D:D - bringing my total so far to-day to 43 (out of a daily allocation of 53)

If I am pointing this incorrectly, please point it out. :confused:

I have just made a coffee & my son has returned from a day's retail therapy with his buddy. He brought his emaciated Dad 3 GIANT chocolate chip cookies. It would break the lads heart if I didn't even have one.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: (There goes the last 10 points I would imagine.

If you were here Jane, I would share it with you ...honest :flirt2:

Just back after a two-hour walk with the dogs.... and I'm stiff everywhere except where I should be... :D:D:D

Now off for a quick shower and directly to the Bar where I shall have the greatest of pleasure consuming ALL my AP's :cool:

:8855: You do have a great sense of humour :8855:

Back