Challenge - International Talk Like a Pirate Day 19th Sep!

Hi Wales and welcome :D

Pledges so far:
Watergirl: 31lbs
Fatfighter: 40lbs
Witchy: 40lbs
WP: 40lbs
Mrs S: 32lbs
Louie Lou: 60lbs
Wales: 42lbs

Sounds like you're having a lovely night in WP! Used to drive through Todmorden when I was a kid to get to Burnley, where I'm from originally.

We've been out today at BF's family. Got haircut by his Sister and some shampoo/conditioner freebies and some new pants from George at Asda - 3 for a fiver!

How's everyone's weekend so far?

I'd like to join please! I want to have lost a significant amount by the time school reopens at the beginning of Sept.

I will pledge 35lbs! :)

Ooh sounds lovely Liz, you'll have to post pics of your new do :) My aunty is a hairdresser and I love getting free samples. Simple things eh?
Welcome Swifty and good luck! How's your first few days been?

They've not been too bad so far. I'm finding today a bit more of a struggle though. Work has so far stopped me thinking about being hungry, but today it seems to be all I can think about! But i'm sure it'll get easier when I get used to it a bit more.
Claire

I also had my haircut on Thursday - must be a good time for it.

Today has been a good day, shopping in Leeds for some new clothes and then we are dog sitting this evening for brother in law - a trial overnighter for when they are on holiday in July. Dog is only 8 months old so a bundle of energy. Have given up trying to watch anything that requires concentration!!!

Hope everyone else is having a good weekend!!

Sounds fun. I'd love to get a dog, but i'm not sure it would be fair when i'm at work all day - would be great during the holidays though.

Not having a bad weekend thanks, having a relaxing one after a busy week.

Claire

We don't have a dog either as we both work full time, although we would both love one. And they are really hard work, as we are finding out. We are busy ignoring him hoping he will settle down, plus he has peeded on the living room curtains. Mind you I was thinking about getting a new pair - that now might be sooner rather than later!

Arrr! Just wanted to drop in to use some pirate lingo and tell a fabulous joke:

Why couldn't the pirate child watch the movie?

Because it was rated "Arrrrrr!"

Oh, I told you it was a fabulous joke! What's that? You're not laughing? Shiver me timbers! Waaaalk the plank!! :)

Welcome Swifty! :) It definitely gets a lot easier I promise.

Must be the time for dog sitting as well as hair cuts - we're looking after my Parents dog, so our dog is very happy about having his friend stop over.
The cats are less so :D

Nicola - ahoy me heartie - are ye joining us? Great first post ;)

Pledges so far:

Fatfighter: 40lbs
Swifty: 35lbs

How lucky, getting to 'borrow' a dog. But yuck about your poor curtains. We'd love to get a pooch, but DH works away most of the time & I work long & irregular hours, so it would be very unfair on the dog.

I'm trying to hold off on the hair cut front. We've a wedding to go to in 4 weeks and I'm waiting till closer to then to get it cut. Till then I'm grooving the shetland pony look!

Dogs are great for the exercise malarkey - whether I want to or not Izzy and her boundless energy means I have no choice lol.
My pirate day challenge got off to a good start at WI this morning, I lost 6lbs :D

Wow Vickie - setting the standard high right from the get go :D
Well done, that's an amazing loss.

Fatfighter: 40lbs - 6lbs lost - 34lbs to go

Aww thanks chick, I was over the bloomin' moon, it's the boost I needed after after my pathetic 1lb loss last week :rolleyes:

Hi guys hope you are all well and having a good weekend.

Witchy: 40lbs - 4Ibs lost - 36Ibs to go

Well done Witchy, are you back on track now lovely? X

Helllloooo me hearty hehe, yes back on track now, wont be doing that again its so hard to get back. How are you ????

Flipping heck you two, you're gonna run away with the competition at this rate ;)

Well done Witchy, another amazing result. How do you guys do it?!?!

Not my WI until Wednesday and scales haven't moved yet :eek: am panicking. Been on x-trainer yesterday and today so I'll be mad if they're still the same come tomorrow.

Great start though pirates!

Sorry, got to be anal and change that colour though - I have OCD you know :D

Witchy: 40lbs - 4Ibs lost - 36Ibs to go

Hiya Liz how are you?? I wont get another result for well over a week its nearly TOTM and im swelling up already like a beachball.

I'd like to join the challenge please... I'd like to lose 34lbs by then......... Yes please xx

Back