Challenge - International Talk Like a Pirate Day 19th Sep!

Bolton Abbey - lovely
Watching other stuff their face - hmmm, not so good

I have just had to call out my OH for sneaking biscuits from the fridge at his parents house - his pockets were bulging - I knew there was a reason he was whistling loudly when he was in there. I now have to watch him having a cup of tea and a mint choc biscuit. I will enjoy my black coffee!!!

Ah Wales don't ya just love 'em? :rolleyes: You've been having incredible losses, what's your secret? ;)
I haven't weighed in for a couple of weeks now and feel a bit lost, I've been using my own scales and think I'm 8lbs down but it's not the same is it? I have WI on Monday then she's away again for another fortnight. There's only her and 1 other CDC in my area but I really am thinking of swapping coz between WI's I never hear from her. If my losses are less than 4lbs she can be a bit off with me (she's so enthusiastic and gives me huge hugs when I get good losses so it's a bit weird) I hate feeling disloyal though :rolleyes:

Hey Vickie - I only see my CDC every two weeks and that suits me. I don't hear from her in between but I know if I wanted to speak to her I could. To be honest I have different and more relevant support and information on here. Someone in her family lost a lot of weight on CD and she has been on the diet, but not for a long time and she didn't loose, or need to loose, anywhere near as I much as i did/ still do. So whilst she is supportive she can't understand what it is like to do this months on end - that is a totally different kettle of fish isn't it? I also think that some people make better CDCs than others and other CDers are lucky to find them. I have heard of some shocking attitudes reported about some CDCs from people on here. But it is tough if you only have a choice of two! And we all know on this diet that a loss of a couple of pounds is usually followed by a whoosh the following week or so, so to be a bit off must take the shine off - a loss is a loss...

What about going to Boots in between weigh ins and using their scales and getting a record from there -I have done that a couple of times over the last few weeks as my CDC got a new set of scales that I didn't really agree with - tho we are showing the same now! You then have it in writing rather than hopping and on and thinking - oh goodie, great loss but nothing to back it up. I know sometimes I weigh in and think people will think that I have made it up!! Mind you the scales measured my height and knocked and inch off so my BMI went up a point immediately :rolleyes:

I have messed about a bit since my 810 week but have been 100% since Tuesday and apart from an 810 meal planned for tomorrow with family I am going to be SS until the first week in Sept. I have noticed that since Tues I dropped more than I had the previous weeks.

Your losses are great too and 8lbs is fab, you must feel great and what a great incentive for your wedding. I am just so glad that I decided to start CD this year and not put it off.

Well must get back to the housework, told myself that I wasn't going on the net until it was all done - oops :rolleyes:

Have a lovely weekend x

My CDC only had 2 stone to lose too so at times I do feel like she doesn't "get it"
I usually weigh myself on the wii fit so I can see the graph going down. My CDC's scales weigh lighter I think but it's the amount lost I'm concerned with, rather than the amount showing, if you see what I mean.
Well done on getting back on it 100% :)

I'm so tired! I did my usual canal walk today, but this time when I reached Todmorden I turned round & walked back home. 9 miles!:eek:
And like the idiot that I am, I forgot to put any sunblock on. So I'm now the slightly sheepish possessor of sunburned shoulders.:eek:
Thank the gods for Aloe Vera.

Wow 9 miles that is some walk, you have a beautiful setting there. We are located much further east near the Aire and Calder navigation near Castleford and we walk and cycle by the canal here - lovely to have it so close.

Are you still off to Bolton Abbey today? You better slip slop slap before you go - have a good day!

4lbs gone this week.

Watergirl: 31lbs - 12lbs lost - 19lbs to go
Fatfighter:40lbs - 13lbs lost - 27lbs to go
Witchy: 40lbs - 13lbs lost - 27lbs to go
WP: 40lbs - 13.5lbs lost - 26.5lbs to go
Louie Lou: 60lbs - 24lbs lost - 36lbs to go
Wales: 42lbs - 15lbs lost - 27lbs to go
Swifty: 35lbs - 19lbs lost - 16lbs to go
Alexmummy07 15lbs - 6.5lb lost - 8.5lbs to go
Faithandcooper 30lbs - 11.5lbs lost - 18.5lbs to go

Hey everyone. Aww Vickie, sounds like you're a bit fed up with your CDC. It is hard if you only have 2 to choose between. She sounds a bit too Gillians McKeith!

Well done everyone on the losses. I've well and truly had the weekend off, so will SS until WI on Wed and hope for the best!

I not only 'slip, slap, slopped' I wore my very disreputable hat!
Just back from our nitpic.;) Had a great time & I wasn't tempted at all by the goodies everyone brought. Phew! Tho I did send one friend home with the olives I took. They would have been too tempting in my fridge.
We had a good long walk along the river first, then watched the Duck Race start. I've never seen so many rubber ducks in one place before. Apparently there was 120,000.:eek:

The duck race sounds fun WP! Hope you're not too sore.
Hope you enjoyed your weekend off Liz, good luck getting back on it :) Lol at Gillian McKeith, not sure I'll be able to look at her tomorrow without laughing coz I'm imaging her sniffing my poo :D
According to my scales I've lost 8lbs which I'll be happy with so keeping my fingers firmly crossed!
Good luck to the Monday WI's.

Hey Louie - you are doing well, getting close to half way to your target.

Sarah - 8lbs will be a great loss!

Hope everyone has a good week...

Wow Vickie on the 8lbs, that's amazing. She can't complain at that!

I can't quite believe I lost 10lbs at WI tonight :bliss:

Fatfighter:40lbs - 23lbs lost - 17lbs to go
Wales: 42lbs - 15lbs lost - 27lbs to go

Blooming heck Vickie that is amazing! Well done you, you must feel awesome. Wow!

I'm still high as a kite lol. My CDC was chuffed, she gave me a £5 off voucher for next time. I like getting them. It's the 3rd time I've had one after a big loss :D

Money off voucher never heard of them! Will have to ask my CDC tomorrow...

Wow 10lb! That's fantastic! Congrats.

And I've just realised, I've just done my 18th day SS.:D

I had to look at your start date twice there cozI thought you meant you'd lost 35lbs in 18 days lol.
Well done on SSing for so long :)

Sorry for the confusion. I started on SS+ and did quite well, but dropped down to SS when we went to London for a friends wedding. And I've been shocked by my losses since.:D

Just weighed in with CDC and it is a total of 4lbs to come off my total.

I have got myself a little confused as I only see her every 2 weeks I sometimes I update my weight on here from my unoffical weigh ins. But I am going to stick to updating on here and ticker with her weights.

As a real milestone I wanted to record in the 12's this week - I am 12 12 in the morning but was 13 1 this evening. I am still more than pleased with this weight as I feel much better and healthier than I have in ages. And I am very, very close to being overweight!!!

Hope everyone else is well x

Fatfighter:40lbs - 23lbs lost - 17lbs to go
Wales: 42lbs - 19lbs lost - 23lbs to go

Back