Challenge - International Talk Like a Pirate Day 19th Sep!

Unofficial weigh in (via Boots scales) as I don't see CDC every week. Pleased with 3lbs

Watergirl: 31lbs - 12lbs lost - 19lbs to go
Fatfighter:40lbs - 23lbs lost - 17lbs to go
Witchy: 40lbs - 13lbs lost - 27lbs to go
WP: 40lbs - 13.5lbs lost - 26.5lbs to go
Louie Lou: 60lbs - 28lbs lost - 32lbs to go
Wales: 42lbs - 22lbs lost - 20lbs to go
Swifty: 35lbs - 23lbs lost - 12lbs to go
Alexmummy07 15lbs - 6.5lb lost - 8.5lbs to go
Faithandcooper 30lbs - 11.5lbs lost - 18.5lbs to go

Wanted to get a weight recorded this week as I am on antib's for 5 days due a boil (nice) on my face. So I am going up to SS+ for the time being to help them along. I was thinking about moving to SS+ next Thursday anyway as that is day 140 :eek: and I need to start adding food whilst still losing weight so that I know I can do it. We have ivf clinic apt on 8 Sept so I still need to keep on losing but not necessarily the big numbers now. Feel pretty positive about it, and will feel much better once this carbuncle goes from my face.

WP - fallen off the wagon on to tofu? Could have been much worse, TOTM is hard so don't beat yourself up about it - before you started this diet would you have pigged out on tofu or something much worse?

Claire - I think most of us appreciate how hard it is get back on track after a break, but it is worth it - just get through the first few days and you will soon get back in the groove. I suggest you get yourself set with what you want to do when you visit family, let them know what and why you are doing this and make it clear that it is your decision (and life!) - worked for me with my family!!

Edited to say I have also changed my overall target, increased to 11st 5lb which will make it 7st loss in total. If I go for more it will depend on the ivf treatment and when that is scheduled for. But I am more than happy with the change!

Last edited:
Witchypo you're allowed tofu on SS+ so don't think it will have dome any damage hun. Before CD we'd have eaten far more and not felt guilty so no point getting in a flap over tofu!!!!
Wales well done on your loss and lots of luck with your appointment hun x

WP: 40lbs - 35.5lblost - 4.5lbto go
Louie Lou: 60lbs - 24lbs lost - 36lbs to go
Wales: 42lbs - 19lbs lost - 23lbs to go
Swifty: 35lbs - 19lbs lost - 16lbs to go

Thanks ladies, I know tofu isn't the worst thing to pick at, but I was in the SS groove so I felt mad at mself for giving in.

Anyway, I've just had my WI, early again cause we're at another music festival this weekend. 2lb down. Not too bad cause I'm really bloated (TOTM).
My next WI is Friday next so hopefully I'll have a good loss to report then.:)

WP - agree that tofu is not bad! You chose well.
Wales - well done on the loss. How's the antibiotics working?

Can't change my details as I put on 3lbs last week and lost 3lbs this week! So back to where I was at 11stone 5lbs and wanted to be 10st by 19th Sep. Not sure that will happen!!!

Hey all, hope you are all doing ok today. I can't belive that 19th Sept is just a month away. I don't think that I am going to lose the 20lbs I need, I think I might reduce this target by 8lbs as that would take me to 12st which I will be more than happy with. I think the antibiotics are working well, the boil is much better today ;) I am also really enjoying SS+, looking forward to my evening meal and I am sure it is helping mentally.

I bought some tofu today for my SS+ meal - it says to steam it, is that right? I have never cooked it before, can I just bake it in the oven with some herbs?

I also shed a few tears today, in the changing rooms at Next of all places, I tried on a pair of size 14 jeans and cardigan and I looked so slim, I looked like someone else. It really hit me how much my body has changed in just over 4 months. Even though feeling emotional about looking good in clothes could be perceived as superficial I think it is just the external icing on the transformation. It makes the hard times so worth it (not when I get my bank statement though).

Hope you are all well and positive about what you have achieved on this diet - you are all doing so well.

WP - enjoy your music festival.
Liz - at least the 3lbs on came off - you are so close to your target it is bound to be tough.
Swifty - hope you are back on track and getting on ok

Aww Wales, I'm really happy for you! Brought a tear to my eye reading that because I know how lovely it feels and you must be so, so proud of yourself.

Next is fab for jeans I think - really nice cut. I am living in the new ones I've got. Every now and then you catch site of yourself in a mirror or window and it is a surprise! Perhaps the more we catch site of the new slimmer people we are, the more it will sink in :)

We both want to lose a similar amount and it does seem unrealistic now with 30 odd days to go, but like you I will be happy regardless.

Glad the antibiotics seem to be working. SS+ is great and definitely makes you feel more normal. Wasn't keen at first, but much prefer it now and not sure I could cope without my little meal. Glad you're enjoying it too x

Due to changes in my hectic (yeah right) social calendar next week I can't weigh in with my CDC on Tuesday so I popped to see her this evening to pick up supplies and weigh in. It was another 2lbs off from my 'unofficial' Boots weigh in on Tuesday, and 5lbs since I last saw her. I am pleased with that as I am on 3rd day of a change onto SS+ (which I am still loving).

Eeek - I only have 19lbs to go to target, less than 1.5 st :D I just need to keep my focus and not get carried away on SS+ and start to think about going up the steps - that kind of makes me feel a little :eek::eek::eek:

My boil is healing well, the antib's are working well and I think it might be sunny tomorrow - happy days. Hope everyone has a good weekend x

Wales: 42lbs - 21lbs lost - 21lbs to go

Hi all,

Thanks Liz and Wales for those words of support, I really needed them.

I've been to visit my Dad this week and although I didn't stick to CD, for the first time on a planned break I was able to stick to almost no carbs, which has meant that my weight has stayed the same. Phew! Now i'm back on the wagon and i'm determined to stick to this - no matter what my family might say or think! Went out with a friend who I hadn't seen in a while last night and she gave me some amazing compliments about how good i look, so that has really spurred me on!! :)

I was just about to ammend my target for this challenge down to 30lbs, so leaving me only 7lbs to go, but i've decided not to. I'd really like to achieve the original target and think that if I lower it now, I won't push myself, so i'm going to leave it at 35lbs and work damn hard to get to it!

Hope you're all having a good weekend!

Claire x

Claire - glad your visit went well, we know that when we get back to "real life" low carb weekends will be the way forward and staying the same is as good as a loss when you are not on plan.

I also thought about reducing my challenge target but I am going to leave it as it is on here and try to achieve it but not be too worried if I don't get all the way there.

It is great when people notice the difference in you and make comment - great motivation! You are doing great getting back on track and am sure you will get to your target!

I was a little naughty this morning and bought a couple of denim skirts in a size 12 - but they were both £2 each (so not that naughty) in a charity shop, one from Warehouse and the other H&M so good quality and that is my next target for autumn (won't go past my bum at the mo!) I also bought a pair of sandals in New Look as reduced to £7 - mind you they are a size 9 (usually a size 7) so really not getting concerned about sizings.

xx

Haha Wales, your clothes shopping sounds like mine - I can't stop.

Agree with both of you about changing the goal. Mine seems unachieveable, but then I never thought I'd be where I am now and I managed it. Lets all push each other to get as near as damn it to goal.

and well done Swifty on making those choices :)

Well done on your loss Wales, must be so exciting being so close to goal!
Glad you had a good time at your dad's swifty :)
Liz you are looking HOT in your new avatar ;) You started packing yet?
I'm another one worrying about not making my target but I'm not going to stress about it. I'm pushing myself to lose 22lbs by 11th October. I'm chief bridesmaid that day and I'm worrying coz my dress is different to the other bridesmaids that everyone will be looking at me :eek:

Aww thanks Vickie :)

I have no doubt that you'll get to that goal! If people are looking at you it will be for all the right reasons. Chief bridesmaids are expected to look differently - you're the most important one :)

I haven't posted properly for a while as have been very on/off but updating now, 1 1/2lbs down now, so have got 7lbs now to lose to get to my goal for the end of this challenge, still really want to get there, but struggling with Fridays and Saturdays after work (working in Sainsburys and having a v short break I'm finding myself absolutely ravished at the end of work) but an angel the rest of the week) I also have a few family do's coming up again, one of which we're hosting at our house a week Sunday, but trying my best to pick the best I can.

Alexmummy07 15lbs - 8lb lost - 7lbs to go
Faithandcooper 30lbs - 11.5lbs lost - 18.5lbs to go __________________

You're doing fine Alexmummy, you've still lost lots!

:) We're back from the festie, and we've had a great time. Much beer was drunk & food eaten, by my DH!;) I was positively angelic and stayed SS.
The weather Gods were kind to us this year (after last years Biblical Floods) and it only rained twice. One real cloud burst before the music started and some light drizzle while we were in the Big Top so we missed it. Mind, it pored down this morning while we were packing up, but that's not so bad.
I was very optimistic and bought a skinny fit t/shirt and a beautiful Elfish skirt to shrink into.
The big music discovery was a band called Kismet, a Sikh/Anglo group playing Bhangra Rock!
Dread Zone were fab as always, and Shaun McGowan & The Pogues were great, he was in top form but I think he's having a few problems breaking in his new teeth! The Stuffies were great & just played the old track.
Being the HUGE Levellers fan that I am, they were the stand out act, and I danced myself into a frenzy.
And our big news is we're thinking of getting a caravan! How middle aged is that?
Now how long is it till next time?

Sounds like you had a fab time! Well done for staying SS - very angelic indeed.

Caravans are fab. We're considered it, but decided we'd buy a tent and do that instead, as it's cheaper!!!

We've been camping for years. But last year at a festie we had a squatter in out tent. He was so out of it he'd wrecked our new tent then crawled into MY sleeping bag dressed only in his grundys.:mad:
Since then I don't sleep very well at festies. And the thought of having somewhere dry & warm to retreat back to when it rains is sounding more & more appealing as we get older.
But what really started us thinking is that we hired a titchy little camper van while we were in New Zealand in March, & totally fell in love with it.

You're doing great Claire :)
Ewww that put me off camping forever Witchypoo lol.
I lost 5lbs this week but GP wants me to move up to 1000 plan so I'll not be meeting my challenge goal :(

Fatfighter:40lbs - 28lbs lost - 12lbs to go
Alexmummy07 15lbs - 8lb lost - 7lbs to go

That does sound horrible WP!

Well done Vickie on an amazing loss!!! :) Don't be so sure you won't get to goal, as a lot of people still have great losses on 1000 hunnie. I will possibly go up to that in the week before, so we can do it together :) x

Back