Chances of losing weight on holiday?!

Lol. If I walked around with my arms stretched up high over my head and my tummy sucked in I might pull off a bikini! Gravity is not my friend! I'm sure you girls look great in a two piece :)

I just spent half the evening playing with my fitness pal. I'm in love with that app! Its so fascinating. Today I've had 1600 cals (Sunday pub lunch!) less 271 for exercise, and according to the app if I keep on like that I'd still lose a pound a week. I'm factoring in about five pounds for carb weight, and going for a TS day tomorrow (bit like the 2:5 diet) seeing as we don't plan to eat out. Will get another good swim in too. Am quite hopeful :) Sadly hubby wouldn't let me pack the scales (I seriously tried!) so I'll have to wait until next Sunday for the verdict!

Thanks for being there for me girls, really appreciate your support. Big hugs (well skinny ones actually!) xxxx

A TS day on holiday? That is dedication to the cause! I used to love that app but once I went on exante it became a bit redundant, I think I will install again for my holidays! What's the plan for today? Hope something fun :)

Glad to be here to support, that's what friends are for :D I'm sure I'll be using the hotel Wi-Fi to check in myself when I'm away,keep me away from all the evil temptations!! xx

Oh you're welcome!! It's great to hear how you're getting on!!!! I agree with Smidge, that's dedication having a TS day while away!!! Fair play to you!!! :) sounds like you're doing great!

Ah, well I can wear a bikini but.... I'm not quite at the looking great in one yet. But I'm very very close!!! I'm a bit of a bikini fanatic so I'm really looking forward to the day I feel comfy wearing one in public! That said, in Greece no one was really paying any attention to how you looked in your bathing suit. They were just enjoying themselves with whatever they were doing - great attitude to have. I think sometimes we think people care more about how we look than they actually do!

Oh dear. All down the pan today! ;-) Well at least I made it to day five before finding the trough! What's more my brain is saying, 'I don't care'! I won't give up trying but it might not be so easy til I get back home to familiar exante-routine surroundings.

In fact, Myfitnesspal just told me that if I kept this up, I'd gain 10lbs within five weeks! Lol. Gonna try to be good tomorrow. After I finish this bottle of wine tonight!!!

No stressing Buttons, you're on holidays! You're allowed a crazy day or two :) just remember your mantra and keep up the exercise if you can :) I'm sure you'll be back on track tomorrow!! :) I was wondering how you were going!!!

You're right joy, I will be back on track today - I physically feel horrible! Wind, heartburn, headache. Gosh that was so not worth it! I'm never eating and drinking like that again! Guess I'm not used to putting that much cr*p in my body anymore and it is telling me in no uncertain terms that it didn't like it! Shakes all the way today.

Sounds horrid! Guess your body's way of saying 'what's going on?! I'm not used to all this'... I'm sure you'll feel better today once you've flushed it out your system :) have a nice day!!

Good on you Buttons (and LOL at your fitness pal 'conscience' telling you how much you'll gain). Hope you have a better day today - everyone deserves a little blowout on holiday but getting back on the horse before it completely bolts is the trick!

And probably the hardest trick right! I always get in that rut where I'm back from holiday and sulk, can't be bothered to cook or anything lol

Oh yes - that's me to a T Smidge! :8855:

I did a bad thing yesterday - made soup for the children and had it instead of an exante soup and thought I was so smart. Absolutely killed with heartburn last night so I won't be doing that again. :break_diet:

@Waterworks - That doesn't sound too bad really! Could have been much worse! :patback:

@Buttons - How has the shake day been?? Feeling better??

Oh God Buttons, that sounds awful! Talk about learning the hard way!!! Ouch! How did you go back on the shakes yesterday?? I had dinner out yesterday and obviously ate something I shouldn't have (though I did the best I could with the options available) but wow, was my body unhappy with me. Thankfully not to the same degree you had, but I felt quite nauseous afterwards. I ran partway home and jumped on the vibroplate for 20mins straight afterwards in the vain hope that it'd help... but I don't think it did anything (other than give me well needed exercise so that's not a bad thing!).

Ouch Waterworks - that can't have been nice!:cry:

Hey Buttons, how are things? You did get back on the horse didn't you??? :confused:

Hey guys, I ran out of mobile Internet allowance so couldn't do Myfitnesspal or get on here! I did get trough 3/4 of the day on shakes, but when you're out to a restaurant every night it's really hard and the next night was chinese so again I ate too much :-( The horse did bolt Waterworks :-( as then I ate loads at dinner four nights in a row. Yep, used the no Internet as an excuse, and felt physically utterly crap after each meal but couldn't seem to stop myself. There didn't seem to be much in the way of healthy options, sadly I don't like salad so that was out, and those bloody Cornish cream teas are the devils food! Oh my god they are lovely, and I really, really craved them! So I managed to be pretty good for the first four days but blew it the last four. Better than blowing it the whole week I suppose. But I'm back home now and am starting back 100% on Exante today. Looked at the photos last night and did not like what I saw, better than it was at Centre Parcs in April but still waaaaaay too chubby. Haven't dared weigh myself yet, will head downstairs in a min and face the music!

Welcome back Buttons! I was starting to wonder if you'd thrown the towel in altogether!

Sounds like you had a hard couple days, but you're right you did so well for the first 4 days so don't beat yourself up! Sounds like you had a nice holiday anyway?? It won't take long to shift any extra pounds you may have put on and the most important thing is you have come back from holiday and started the diet straight away, rather then dwell on the holiday mishaps and stay eating badly! I'm sure the weigh in won't be half as bad as you're expecting! :hug99:

Bless you smidge, thank you for your kind words.

Well, just weighed in and put on 5lb exactly!! So not too bad at all, considering how much I ate! Am really pleased with that actually. A few of those pounds will be carb water weight at least. Usually I can put on at least half a stone on holiday. This will be gone in a week and then I'll spend the rest of the month working on the next stone. No more 'dates' this month so it should be plain sailing. :)

Yay! Great to see you back Buttons and well done on starting back today. That 5lb will be a distant memory this time next week. Plus it sounds like it was so worth it! :)

Ha ha 5lb exactly on our target! Now I'm going to have to be super good on my hols if I'm going to keep up with that!! :eek:

Well done Buttons, that is not too bad at all and has really inspired me for my holiday next week. I am not going to worry about coming off and try to be as sensible as I can. Well done again. xx

Back