Chances of losing weight on holiday?!

Smidge you're so good and so regimented - you really have earned that champagne next weekend - you're an inspiration.

And Joy, I'm so envious of that move - most people's dream come true. :)

Thank you :) it's hard work but fingers crossed it pays off tomorrow morning! Last August/pre holiday weigh in :eek:

Ooo I see! I couldn't do that, it'd be fish and chips o'clock every weekend for me lol!! Padstow is where all those Rick Stein restaurants are is it??

Sounds like you girls all had pretty good weekends! Holidays, exciting moves and weekends away. Sound bliss :) Unfortunately I had a bit of a mental block and completely fell off the wagon! Combination of worry about my daughter being away at a festival all weekend (first time she's been away with friends) post holiday blues and guilt about not spending enough time with my youngest - this is the first summer holidays I've had to work (used to be a teacher.) So over the weekend we went shopping, then to the cinema, and ate, ate, ate. I daren't weigh myself! But I've got my shakes out and know restarting isn't an issue for me (just wish I didn't keep having to!) As my hubby said tho, you've got to live life, and this is a long term thing, not a race to the finish line. Feel a bit like I'm in a bit of a snails race at the moment tho!

Yes they call it Padstein as he's basically taken over the town ;-) He does have a lovely fish and chip shop there too, but thnakfully I like the grilled mackerel so I usually just have that minus the chips!!!

Lat year I ate and drank every weekend and was in complete holiday mode most weekends, but thats the first time I did it so quite pleased.

Today I am going to have my first ever TS day, not even a small bowl of shreddies for breakfast, or milk in tea. Will be amazing if I can do it - don't know how you ladies do it all the time!

Buttons - yes I agree with your husband, we're in it for the long haul so occasionally you have to live a little. Just get back on it today with ghusto :D x

So back from a fabulous week in Cape Verde, early saturday morning. I went on an all inclusive and had no intention of dieting on holiday. I slowly eased myself into eating and restricted my carbs on the first 2 days, but after that ate pretty normally. However I really didn't crave carbs. I did eat a couple of thin pancakes and some brioche bread in the mornings, but no chips, pasta or pizza. Lots of fish and seafood with a small helping of rice. Juice in the morning, a few beers and lots of pina coladas and n/a cocktails. Anyway, it was hubbies birthday on the saturday we came back, so we had chinese, and weighing myself at the end of that first day, 8lb gain. However by the next morning 6.25 lbs had disappeared, so maybe water retention and the chinese. Back on the diet yesterday and another 1lb has disappeared overnight, so now only 1.75 lb heavier. I did loads of exercise. 2 days scuba diving, swimming in the sea and an amazing turtle adventure where we stayed overnight on the beach with some rangers from a turtle conservation organisation, and walked along the beach looking for turtles nesting (we sat with 2). Around 3.5 hours walking and 1.5 hours watching the nesting, plus walks on the beach during the day. Beach walking is a good workout! So pretty chuffed, I thought I hadn't put on much, because none of my clothes got tight. Anyway, found another great offer, so have got another 2 months worth, and I think that will probably get me to my target.:woohoo:Happy, happy, happy!!!

Buttons, just reread what you wrote. While its fine to have blow outs now and then, be aware that a new coping strategy in these situations will help long term!!! Just concerned that you may end up on a bad eat then diet cycle - cos you're gonna keep this weight off!!! :)
I know I was stressed yesterday and ended up eating some roast beef slices (even though I wasn't hungry and they didn't taste that nice :( ) but I thankfully managed to walk straight past the chipper, though I was sooooooo tempted!!!! :) but it really brought home to me that when I'm stressed I turn to food - bad food - which means I'm punishing myself rather than supporting my body to cope with stress. Need another solution there.... Anyways just thought I'd mention it, feel free to ignore or tell me to mind my own business!!! ;)

Wow, Louise thats amazing! Me and my fella are going to Tunisia for 11 nights all inclusive so I'm hoping I will get the same results as you as I don't want to take any shakes away with me!! I'll try and avoid carbs like the plague but can t promise I'll avoid the dessert section ;)

Forgot to say, I did eat deserts as well. Blimey I must have been doing lots of exercise! Just try to include lots of activity. Theres loads of great things to do apart from sitting round the pool. We've done snorkelling, scuba, surfing, zip wiring, horse riding, jungle walks during our hols, and of course, just walking and exploring.

Last edited:
Brilliant! I'll have to turn into a fish and swim swim swim my little heart out as you can't walk about much in Tunisia seen as there's a civil war going on!! x

Swimming it is then!!! Diving and snorkelling is great in Turkey, my friend snorkelled with rays. Also maybe kayaking might be fun, looking for turtles

Blimey ladies, looks like I've missed a lot on this thread today lol!

@Buttons - So right, you only live once (although Joy is right about watching out for that vicious cycle) - I intend on living that motto as soon as I set foot on that plane ;) hope you're feeling better today? And your daughter enjoyed V?

@Joy - Thanks hun, I was super chuffed with myself, in fact I kinda still am lol! How is the bikini bod journey going today now all the work lunches/parties are out of the way?

@Plym - I HIT MY PRE HOLS GOAL!! YAY!! :bliss:

@Lousie - This is fab inspiration for my hols, I defo will have to keep myself busy with these sort of 'non-gym' activities

Buttons, just reread what you wrote. While its fine to have blow outs now and then, be aware that a new coping strategy in these situations will help long term!!! Just concerned that you may end up on a bad eat then diet cycle - cos you're gonna keep this weight off!!! :)
I know I was stressed yesterday and ended up eating some roast beef slices (even though I wasn't hungry and they didn't taste that nice :( ) but I thankfully managed to walk straight past the chipper, though I was sooooooo tempted!!!! :) but it really brought home to me that when I'm stressed I turn to food - bad food - which means I'm punishing myself rather than supporting my body to cope with stress. Need another solution there.... Anyways just thought I'd mention it, feel free to ignore or tell me to mind my own business!!! ;)

D'you know what Joy, that kinda thought occurred to me too. I find it so easy to restart TS, I have today no probs something all. I wondered if I subconsciously allowed myself a blowout cos I could justify it with another restart? It kinda freaked me out a bit cos thats now about the third blowout/restart since before our holiday and I can see a yo-yo cycle beginning :-( I need to reassess my coping mechanism, for stress and social occasions. I know I can't completely abstain forever but I also know I can't 'stuff my little piggy face' (quote youngest child's version of yesterday!) every other weekend!! We have a dinner engagement again this weekend, and one the next, and I really want to lose another half stone by the end of the month. So I will have to check out the menus, pre-plan and remember my goals - or I'm never going to reach it, no matter how fast or slow I take this!

Thanks for looking out for me hon. It is really vet much appreciated :) <3 xxx

Louise that is unbelievable - well done you and it gives me hope for my two weekends away in September!

Smidge so chuffed for you! I was going to wish you luck yesterday but didn't want to jinx your last week. Well well done! :D :D :D

Buttons - you know and I know that if you do two straight weeks of TS you'll lose that half stone no bother. Back on the horse (for good this time mind)! ;)

Haha thank you hun, I'm a very happy bunny tonight! Treated myself to a handful of raisins and some natural yogurt, although I'm very very tempted to get a McFlurry tonight as a little treat but I will try and resist lol - C'est la vie!

Fab news smidge.......I want to get back to 10,10 again! More importantly I have just done my first ever TS day, like a proper one with no milk or shreddies. Dead chuffed

come on Buttons, we can do it! x

That's great news, not as hard as you thought??

Hmmm not in a hunger way but just a comfort one I guess? So used to eatIng and drinking loads of cups of tea but stuck to a peppermint one today :-(. Does make you realise just how much you pick, well I do anyway. I am my child's dustbin for his leftovers!

going to treat as a mini experiment/challenge to myself to try and do a few days, hopefully until Thurs p.m. Then I'm off to the caravan for a week for our hols. I have my partners 14 and 11 year old children so am always conscious of eating something around them x

Back