Change in recommendation

Cherry-Blossom

I CAN do this
I got a new order through today and I was looking at the sheet and now instead of saying your ok with just 3 packs a day they are recommending you also have 100g of grilled chicken breast or 100g grilled white fish to bring you up to 550-650 cals per day.

Will any one on the 3 per day be changing their diet in line with this?

No, not me. I've been doing it the old way up till now and it's working and won't be adding anything on top of the veggies until I start to step up. Shouldn't be on it for too much longer though (in theory!). I hope I'll be done by about end March.

Luckily I don't have to worry about that bit just yet! Going to be following four packs a day for now, I think for me diving in at just three packs would be a big mistake. Will try four and then review in a month and see how things go.

Mmmmm, I switched over from AAW8 but have stuck to their plan where I add a meal every fourth week. I also allow myself one poached egg (that's one of the items of their daily permitted snack list).
My losses seem to be parallel on both diets.

But I guess it's good to know that I have that option too now especially when hunger hits because I know that I've been a lot hungrier on S&S products than on AAW8 - and would rather have chicken than vegetables.

Is this on top of the vege allowance?

I'm planning on doing 4 packs a day for the first week to ease myself into it then 3 a day after that! I dint think I am goin to bother with the veg or protein ect! Just lots and lots of water and a multi-vit a day!

Xoxo
DarcyO

I didn't have the veg at all in the first 6 weeks, but I did include it about 3 - 4 times a week after I had a short break for a holiday as I then found it easier to cope with some veggies alongside my spag bol. I'm not going to have the protein on top of the 3 packs and veggies but of course if anyone does feel like caving in far better to have an extra pack or some protein based food as that won't kick you out of ketosis.

Quick question - is that raw or cooked chicken? Also has the veg recomendation changed?

Thanks

It just says

If you have purchased the 3 items per day you will be getting between 400 & 500 calories per day so with this we recommend also consuming either 100g of chicken breast grilled or 100g white fish grilled giving average of 550 to 650 calories (same as the 4 per day and still maintain ketosis and great results).

Whilst on a VLCD program you may also have (in addition to your VLCD items) a maximum of 200g per day of the following selected vegetables and salad:
Asparagus, Broccoli, Celery, Cucumber, Fennel, Gherkins, Green Peppers, Leeks, Lettuce, Mushrooms (not fried), Rocket Salad, Shallots, Spinach, Spring Onions, Swede, Watercress, White Cabbage & Yellow Peppers.

I am doing the 3 per day too.... Have an extra pack if very hungry and use the chicken/veg option for when I am in work.....have to go to work lunches about twice a month and need a "food" option....very unsupportive of these diets are my work colleagues......

I find 4 a day the best option for me, struggle to fit 4 in somedays but I need the reassurance that I am getting all my vitamins and minerals I need. I am too scared to add chicken and veg as nervous it would lead to overeating. Don't trust myself enough yet..

I think it just gives everyone the flexibility to do their own thing and find a combo that suits them. The veg and protein option also allows for planned meals out (that's how I use the protein option) without feeling miserable and deprived.

I use my quorn (my version of chicken or fish) when I just want something more substantial than a shake, bar or small meal. It stops me going off track.

i love quorn x you gets loads of it as well and very tasty x i believe its zero cholesterol, huge in protein and made from a mushroom source

yummy x

Back