Changing from LL to CD- advice

wannabslim

Gold Member
Hi all,

I REALLY want to stick to the VLCD but I HATE the LL foodpacks. I only like Chocolate and can just about handle Chicken if I drink it quickly. It seems to be general consensus that CD is better for flavours, and I get the feeling that LL care more about their DVDs and earning money than they do the actual therapy.

Someone asked on the session this week if she could leave 15 mins early every other week as her daughter need to be picked up from school and the LLC just said, quite harshly "no". and then realised that sounded bad so said, "we'll talk about it nearer the time." We only had 10 mins of 'activities' out of 2 hours, and I'm not sure a motivational DVD (lasting 20 mins) is worth nearly £10 of my hard-earned cash.

Sorry to go on but all these things are making me think I might be better off with the CD. Does anyone have any advice/comments/suggestions...

PS transition into ketosis is going fine :eek:

How weird, what did you have to do to join the CD? Anything special? I should be starting on Mon so maybe we can be CD buddies?

xx

Im another defector to CD as i feel that the price to watch a dvd and do then homework from my book is pants. I met with my CDC who i think will suit me better

Hi

You should do what ever you feel is right. My LLC does not show DVD she says it is a waste of time and she says she doesn't stick to their rigid ways. I think if I were you I may well have strayed.

Thanks guys

Yeah I agree with what both of you have said. I have found my local counsellor and made contact so all I need to do is arrange a time and a day!

Thanks for your ongoing support
xx

Hi

You should do what ever you feel is right. My LLC does not show DVD she says it is a waste of time and she says she doesn't stick to their rigid ways. I think if I were you I may well have strayed.

Mine's the same. I switched from a very rigid counsellor to my current counsellor who has 20+ years counselling experience and pretty much dispenses with the DVDs and all that but takes the most useful counselling elements from them - she's very good. I've really been given food for thought whilst with her - which is just as well, 'cos I sure 'aint getting any other food!! :eek: :D

I do understand that £66 is a lot of money, but I really feel I'm getting something out of all this counselling. Our LLC does use the dvd (and we all despise the exercises!) but we also chat around our issues and we all talk A LOT while we're being weighed, measured etc, so in a way we add a good half an hour of companionship and discussion which we might otherwise not manage.

Maybe I'm just lucky in my group! :D

Maybe I'm lucky with my counsellor too but for me the counselling sessions are REALLY good and why I stick with the extra expense of LL - I think its worth it but can understand if your counsellor is C**P you may wish to defect.

Our counsellor isn't the best, but like Vorlina, I'm in a group where most of us are strong women, 2 others, as well as myself, have a professional background in training, so (blowing own trumpet) we tend to take over. There are 1 or 2 in the group who don't say very much, but the rest of us seem to get a great deal out of it, including the bit when we're being weighed. In fact, our counsellor has to practically jump up and down when she wants to say something as we're all steaming ahead. I did consider deflecting too, but I really like the women in the group and get a great deal from their experiences and support. Early days but there are at least 3 I would hope would become friends.
kate

Feeling MUCH happier this week on CD (not that I could have afforded LL this or next week anyway :eek: ) I think LL is a very personal thing- either you like it or you don't. Much better to leave and try something else if you're miserable, than stick with it, lose heart and give up..

While I very much enjoy LL, I am glad that we have a choice. Now that you've moved across Treefrog, I wish you well with CD - do tell us all about your experiences too!

Back