Changing tastebuds!

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by killercurls, 17 June 2009 Social URL.

1. killercurls

killercurls I *will* be skinny again!

Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Diet:
    exante
    I had a strawberry shake for the first time in about a week last night.....and it tasted completely different!!

It tasted too sweet & sugary! When I had it the first time it tasted that way too, but ugggg.....I could barely manage to drink it all last night. Won't be having that again. :sign0137:

Probably because I've never been one for sweet things and sugar.

Anyone else experienced this?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Doirin

Doirin Positivity is the key

Start Weight:
    20st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st3lb
    Lost(%):
    6st4lb(30.88%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim, now weight watchers
    Hi,
    no I find it ok, but then again I am on here because of a massive sweet tooth. I don't take the strawberry a lot, because it's not my flavour of choice, but ok for the occasional change.
    Doirin

4. summergurl

summergurl ♥3 Years Maintaining♥

Start Weight:
    19st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    8st0lb(41.18%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Lipotrim, Exante
    lol well i havnt had the strawberry since about week 3/4 and the vanilla i had one on my first day and almost puked and havnt had anything other than chocolate since about week 10 just because i LOVE it and theres no point trying to vary it if im content with just one!

Although, my bf loves spicy food and ive never been one for really hot stuff like he likes it but in these past few weeks the smell of the really hot pepper sauce he has is DIVINE!! i cant wait to try some of that bad boy! Maybe im guna like hot stuff?! lol

5. killercurls

Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Diet:
    exante
    I agree with you on the vanilla! That was vile!!
    I got all chocolate for the past 2 weeks but I had the spare strawberry left over and just thought...why not? But nope...I'm sure I'll be sticking to chocolate!

I love spicy food! If they had a spicy shake I'd be in heaven! Who knows you might actually like it! I'd only try a little at first....otherwise your tongue might hate you for awhile. haha.

6. summergurl

Start Weight:
    19st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    8st0lb(41.18%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Lipotrim, Exante
    :rotflmao: true! I cant have it for a while anyways!!
    Have you tried the soup yet?x

7. killercurls

Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Diet:
    exante
    I tried it my first day and wasn't too impressed but I might get it when I go weigh in on saturday to try!

Is it true you can add chilli powder to it? Or is that a myth?

8. summergurl

Start Weight:
    19st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    8st0lb(41.18%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Lipotrim, Exante
    No, your not susposed to add anything to anything although some people do manage to get away with adding black pepper and chilli flakes. Personally i wouldnt risk it :)

9. Elle-Emm

Elle-Emm Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    8st5lb(42.86%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    have not noticed change in tastebuds, but i'm sure i will when i finally start eating as it will have been SO long since i had food!

i have same every day - vanilla + coffee, strawberry for lunch and choc for dinner (preferably piled over loads of crushed ice).

recently tried vanilla without coffee for first time in at least 12 weeks and found it so much sweeter than i do with coffee.

i have to say i'm always amazed when people add sweeteners to the shakes - i find them very sweet as it is, lol!

10. killercurls

Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Diet:
    exante
    I asked the pharmacist about pepper...he said no because it comes from a berry so....I won't be doing that! I don't want to risk it! Too much hard work has gone into this for just a bit of seasoning!

I know what you mean! I couldn't have the shakes with sweetners at all. yeck.

11. Elle-Emm

Elle-Emm Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    8st5lb(42.86%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    i think the other thing is you shouldn't add to the shakes/soup (says she who adds coffee...) cos it's not about food tasting delicious, it's about helping us to get into the mindset of thinking of food more as a fuel to give you energy for your daily life, than something always to be savoured.

so, while in theory it should be ok to add things like herbs (leaf, just like teas) it encourages you to be enjoying and savouring the taste, rather than just chucking it down your neck.

12. killercurls

Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Diet:
    exante
    hmmm....will definetly have to try it now.

i don't remember how much it tastes...but does it actually taste like chicken at all?

I really hope not! i'm a veggie and don't really fancy having faux chicken taste in my mouth! :sign0137:

13. killercurls

Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Diet:
    exante
    I have no clue what a cuppasoup tastes like.
    Guess I'll just have to find out by trying it! haha

14. MiniB

MiniB Here we go again!

Diet:
    Exante
    I used to like the chicken but after 2 weeks I just couldn't stomach them anymore. Haven't tried them since. I used to add curry powder to them and it didn't affect my losses at all, but don't think you're supposed to add that.

I find the shakes are a lot sweeter now than when I began (some 24 weeks ago, phew!). I couldn't add any sweeteners either. They'd be way too sweet for me. I have one strawberry for brekkie and two choc everyday now. The choc even tastes like choc angel delight to me now!! Only 2 more days of doing that for me. Woohoo!!

15. samwidge

samwidge Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(13.6%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    i found that if you add two sweeteners and a hanful of ice cubes and blend the vanilla shake, it tastes like mini milk ice cream. yum :) i didnt like it before i tried it that way :)

16. LorraTB

LorraTB Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    4st9lb(22.11%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    I find the strawberry shakes almost too sweet after only 2 weeks. I started off adding sweetener to them, but notany more. I wish they were less sweet actually. Still, I have one a day or all I'd have was the chocolate. I don't like the vanilla and really can't stand the soup.

17. Yorkshire Adam

Yorkshire Adam Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(27.78%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    i like the strawberry as it makes a change from the choc lol

Couldnt add no sweetners tho

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.