CharleyBarley - my new 2014 diary with pics

Food looks yummy :)

I really miss the cinema, we used to go most weeks pre kids, now we only ever go to see kids films :( OH sometimes goes to see a film he really wants to on his own but I never fancy it, it's not the same without anyone to chat to about the film afterwards

I love the cinema! Its such a great thing to do, its just so expensive, and having 2 children especially! Mick goes on his own if there is something on that he fancies but I don't - but I am the same, I don't really tend to go it alone. I have done in the past, but I just think "ah, i will see it on DVD" - to be honest, if it weren't for Mick and his love of films, I doubt I would go much at all. I can always wait to see something.

Hells least you have an excuse to see kids films, i look silly watching them with no kids lol x

I know what you mean Sugar, but we tend to just go anyway! We went to see something a few months ago, can't remember what now, but it was me, Mick and ten tons of children and adults! We didn't care. Plus if you have nieces and nephews, there are always a good standby!

OMG I've just had lunch but looking at that pic of your burger has literally just made my mouth water! Looks absolutely scrummy!

Your oil looks amazing too, bet it'll be fab once all the herbs have infused it.

Mick sounds a lot like my fella Chris, he absolutely loves movies. Much more than me, he reads all the film magazines and collects old movies etc. We're lucky we can get the cineworld card deal. Can't believe how expensive your tickets are, can you do Orange Wed at the cinema near you, think its BOGOF on tickets if you've got an orange phone x

OMG I've just had lunch but looking at that pic of your burger has literally just made my mouth water! Looks absolutely scrummy!

Your oil looks amazing too, bet it'll be fab once all the herbs have infused it.

Mick sounds a lot like my fella Chris, he absolutely loves movies. Much more than me, he reads all the film magazines and collects old movies etc. We're lucky we can get the cineworld card deal. Can't believe how expensive your tickets are, can you do Orange Wed at the cinema near you, think its BOGOF on tickets if you've got an orange phone x

I think Chris and Mick might just be the same person!!!! He gets Empire mag, and had a ridiculous collection of old movies, black and whites and westerns! And Academy Award night he stays up all night to watch them and can tell you who won best director/film/actor/actress - since the awards began! He is really good in a pub quiz! I think it stems from his childhood. He wasn't allowed out until he was 18 so spent a lot of time watching tv with his family. He hates going to the cinema when it is busy (Orange Wednesday!) - can't win!

OH and the burger was delicious! I was watching Lorraine yesterday morning and the chef on there made them, I had most of the ingrediants except the fresh parsley and a brown roll, so I popped into Sainsburys after the gym (yes! gym!) and rustled them up! Well worth doing, although it had breadcrumbs in so if you are counting syns, they would defo have a syn or three in there.

Oi? Your hen do? You getting married lady? X

I noticed that too lol x

HA HA - no no no, I was responding to another mini-friend, she is from Brighton and I mentioned how it would annoy me if my town was overrun with hen and stag dos and we got into a conversation about what we would want..... I sound like I am making excuses!!! But its the truth.

No proposals yet, but he wants to get his finger out!

HA HA - no no no, I was responding to another mini-friend, she is from Brighton and I mentioned how it would annoy me if my town was overrun with hen and stag dos and we got into a conversation about what we would want..... I sound like I am making excuses!!! But its the truth.

No proposals yet, but he wants to get his finger out!
Awww I was going to buy my hat lol x

HA HA - no no no, I was responding to another mini-friend, she is from Brighton and I mentioned how it would annoy me if my town was overrun with hen and stag dos and we got into a conversation about what we would want..... I sound like I am making excuses!!! But its the truth. No proposals yet, but he wants to get his finger out!

Ha ok I'll let you off lol! I was omg how have i missed this!

Here to subscribe - name twin! X

So weird! Hello CharleyBar, why this name?

My name is Charlotte but my mums nickname for me as a kid was Charley Barley Balls!!

Ummmm we've been together 4.5 years? Neither of us actually noted when we started seeing each other so we don't have an anniversary. We just say once we're into July, another year has passed.

We've talked about getting married but neither of us that bothered. If I had a spare £10-15k knocking about, I'd be in Barbados!

Ummmm we've been together 4.5 years? Neither of us actually noted when we started seeing each other so we don't have an anniversary. We just say once we're into July, another year has passed. We've talked about getting married but neither of us that bothered. If I had a spare £10-15k knocking about, I'd be in Barbados!

Well isn't that funny: we have also been together four and half years, 17th August to be precise; when we do get married, it will be in Barbados!!!

We have spoken about it loads and that's what we want. Micks parents are Bajan and are back living there and the island holds a special place in our hearts!

Well isn't that funny: we have also been together four and half years, 17th August to be precise; when we do get married, it will be in Barbados!!! We have spoken about it loads and that's what we want. Micks parents are Bajan and are back living there and the island holds a special place in our hearts!

Awwww Adorbs. I remember you saying before about Micks parents being there.

We would prob get married there too!

Ah, it seems like we have another cinema lover on our hands! I wished wished wished we were near a Cineworld!! When we move (one day!) we are going to move somewhere where there is a Cineworld close at hand! We use the cinema so often, but its so so expensive.

As I mentioned above, we are going to see Wolf of Wall Street tonight, last week I saw 12 Years a Slave, which was brilliant but traumatic! Have you seen it?

TOWIE! I absolutely hate TOWIE and being associated with it! The area where TOWIE is filmed, is not near where I live - fortunately not everyone acts or looks like they do in TOWIE. The main areas where it is filmed, yes there are pubs clubs and bars, but sadly are full of those sort of people. They don't go out to let their (perfectly quaffed) hair down, they go out to be seen. So I wouldn't really frequent those places. I have always said there are TOWIE type people in every town in this country, but now, because of that show, people think that that's the true experience of Essex.

I like near Lakeside / Bluewater - which isn't a great area in that there isn't much to do. But if we go out, we usually go out in London which is close by.

Will my friends let me get away with what I want for my hen? Hmmmm, good question. The truth is, I don't really want to do anything for my hen - but I won't get away with that, if I give them hints, then I reckon they will abide by it. I need to come up with something totally tame....!

Yeah cineworld is so great. Their individual tickets cost £10.30 though - mental! Haha I love that you'd pick a house location based on the distance to Cineworld :)

I havent seen 12 years a slave no, I really want to but ever since I studied black civil rights at school/college I've found it really traumatises me so I might wait til it's on DVD so I can pause it and gather my emotions! Haha. What did you think of Wolf of Wall Street?

Ahhh I'm sorry! I'm glad you're not near it though seeing how much you hate it! There are definitely TOWIE-sequel people in every single town. Jealous you live so close to Lakeside and Bluewater though - I'm saving a trip there for when I'm a skinny Minnie (and hopefully rich!). I like going out in Brighton, just out to a place called Shaka Zulu in Camden at the weekend, have you ever been?

Nooo, you must do something, even if it's a girls night in with a film and a bottle of wine! Haha. I'm sure they'll organise something lovely for you :)

Amazing work on your 5lb loss over 2 weeks, that's fab! I've lost my mojo a bit :( many congrats to you though!

Back