CharleyBarley - my new 2014 diary with pics

Hi Hun

I am sorry I haven't been over to your diary much, I had a read through last night but never had time to comment. I will do though. It seems you have been struggling with things a little too. I dont usually let it get to me, but as I said before, there were so many nights out coming up that I was a little overwhelmed. I also am just not losing much, if I do, I gain it the following week!

I was chatting to a friend whose wedding is in May (going to her hen weekend early April!) and she and her fiance are cc-ing and have done really well. They are giving themselves something like 1200 per day, well she is and its working pretty well. I have never been a fan of cc-ing, its seems too much like a faff to me, but I thought I would give it a go today! If I like it, I will do the same tomorrow! They only do it 5 times a week and eat what they want on the weekend and they are still losing weight. Oh well, in for a penny. I doubt much will happen over the next 2 days before WI, but I want to experiment CC to see if I get hungry etc...

I feel a lot better now I have: 1) got out of a couple of events and 2) thrown away those darn crisps!

i've ditched the calorie counting...i was just so hungry and weighing out lettuce and frozen raspberries pushed me over the edge!
think i needed it tho...to make me appreciate sw again so i spent the weekend looking over all my books, reading new threads on here etc and braved the scales on monday morning to start a complete fresh.
i threw away all my weigh in receipts, scored the weigh in's i'd written down in my book out so it really is a new start for me.

this is day 3....and i feel good for being back in control of something!

but the cc might be good for you in the sense that you eat healthy things anyway (give or take the odd bag of crackers lol) but for me, i like junk so first thing i'd do, would be to put in my goodies for tv time at night...then work around those!

like i say, i think i needed it and when i decided to switch, i always said i didn't know how long for, if it would suit me or not...but i started to crave my sw stuff and really, it was more exhausting in the sense i was still trying to cook sw style and cos the meals are from scratch, i was spending ages typing in the recipe, working out how many portions it was for etc....meh!

at least i craved the food optimising meals though...and not mars bars! pmsl

it's all a freakin nightmare at times....and i'm not gonna speak too soon but i'm taking it as it comes so for me...it's day 3 and i'm feeling ok about things :D

if you're having 1500 cals a day, that's to see a loss...you can cut yourself some slack if you do go over...cos your body will need more to maintain....and even more across the week to gain....

never seen those innocent pots and i'm sure i saw someone post that we can have 1 syn free on sw...do you know if that's right? and if so which one? x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thursday 20th March

Morning all!!

What a gay day it is today! I have been to the gym, hence my chirpiness...I hate hate hate getting up for it, but once I am there I am good to go!

I converted my weight from stones to kilos (I had no clue what it is before!) and I entered it into the treadmill, which I never do - I programmed 30 mins and I did mainly 11% incline (for roughly 20 mins, until my heart rate went too high!) and then I varied from walking fast on the straight to a 15% incline for a couple of mins and I also tried jogging, which stamina wise I felt comfortable but my ankle really isn't up to it, so I had to stop! Anyway, all in all I managed to burn this many cals in half hour:

image-2074667928.jpg

389 cals!!!! I was well chuffed with that. I have calculated it into MFP and I now have a big more to use if I need it. My breakfast was pretty high cal because I never had any more bread so I used a massive roll from the freezer which was heavy on cals.

I am slowly learning about this cc business, it's all new and exciting inputting recipes in.

I hope you all have a good day, I will post food pics later xxx

Hey charley,

Sorry not posted much it's a busy old week!

CC is fab! I did it for a while and did quite well. I'm sure I only gave it up because I got fed up of the counting and weighing, and it was hard working out meals around kids etc.

Looks like you've got excitement for it, which should be good, and will hopefully spur you on! xx

Hey charley,

Sorry not posted much it's a busy old week!

CC is fab! I did it for a while and did quite well. I'm sure I only gave it up because I got fed up of the counting and weighing, and it was hard working out meals around kids etc.

Looks like you've got excitement for it, which should be good, and will hopefully spur you on! xx

Thanks for that Laura, I did wonder if people thought I was a bit daft giving it a go, but sometimes I think a new diet in your life, shake things up a bit, it is making me start thinking about food differently yet again - like when I first started SW I was obsessed with figuring it out and trying new recipes etc. it gives you a bit of a buzz.

I have never really given cals much thought, because I have always been on my high horse about what else is in the food - I am still going to be aware, as I worry about sodium and bad fats and additives etc. but I was looking at some of the M&S meals, esp. fuller for longer range and they have some really delicious and wholesome looking ready meals, 3 for £10 - which I thought would be nice to do a couple of days a week for lunch or dinner. Cod Rogan Balti was one of them :gimi:

The CC forum on here is pretty thin on the ground, but I am trawling through it for low cal ideas and I also feel a little spurred on to exercise, seeing as it gives me more food!! Its like a vending machine, I need money to put in it, then I can get to the goodies!

I am sure I too will get fed up weighing and measuring stuff like you, but its all good while it lasts!

Enjoy cc Hun I did it for a whole but everyone told me it wasn't giving me enough for my current weight, it is easier as you can grab meals easier and found it easier when eating out. Good luck with it Hun xx

Enjoy cc Hun I did it for a whole but everyone told me it wasn't giving me enough for my current weight, it is easier as you can grab meals easier and found it easier when eating out. Good luck with it Hun xx

Thanks Sugar - no, it appears it doesn't on the MFP profile thingy. I just upped mine, because I worked out my TDEE properly, which was over 2000, then times it by 20% (which is the amount you times it by if you need to lose over 20lbs) and it came out at my ideal calorie intake was something like 2000 odd! That seemed quite high so I upped mine from 1300 to 1500 - if I get hungry then I know I can creep over 1500.

I am not being too militant with it, I am just giving it a whirl.

I hope you are well lovely? xx

Thanks Sugar - no, it appears it doesn't on the MFP profile thingy. I just upped mine, because I worked out my TDEE properly, which was over 2000, then times it by 20% (which is the amount you times it by if you need to lose over 20lbs) and it came out at my ideal calorie intake was something like 2000 odd! That seemed quite high so I upped mine from 1300 to 1500 - if I get hungry then I know I can creep over 1500.

I am not being too militant with it, I am just giving it a whirl.

I hope you are well lovely? xx
I'm sure you will do fab Hun, and I'm not too bad getting there slowly I need to get back in track but getting my head sorted is most important, how are you Hun x

How annoying! I've posted 3 times on your thread so far and none of them have worked so am caining the work PC instead!

Just wanted to say well done for getting up at sparrows fart to go to the gym! Thats loads of calories Mrs! I have been doing some comparisons between the machines and have figured that I burn the most calories on the bog standard cross trainer (we have these ones called vario that you can do other things on, i like them as less boring). But the standard cross trainer is SO BORING and under the Sky Sports TV which makes me want to poke my eyes out goddammit. Have you got a chest strap thing for excerice to monitor your heart rate so you don't have to use the stupid hand things on the machine? I set the machines to weightloss and it keeps me in the 'fat burning zone'.

What else was i going to say...

oh yeah i think CC'ing will totally suit you. I feed Gaz them M&S fuller longer meals all the time and he loves them. I mainly get him fish ones cos i don't like fish, i'm not very good at cooking it (although did him some seabass last night and he liked it!). I give him 5 ping meals a week- aren't i horrible? He won't eat what i cook all the time and he's into low fat stuff at the mo so I just give him them and shut him up. He makes me die cos he'll say 'I can't have that! look at the cals!' then eats 3 cherry bakewells for pudding. MEN bah.

Anyway, i had something else to say but can't remember now so TTFN, hope you have a nice afternoon :)

How annoying! I've posted 3 times on your thread so far and none of them have worked so am caining the work PC instead!

Just wanted to say well done for getting up at sparrows fart to go to the gym! Thats loads of calories Mrs! I have been doing some comparisons between the machines and have figured that I burn the most calories on the bog standard cross trainer (we have these ones called vario that you can do other things on, i like them as less boring). But the standard cross trainer is SO BORING and under the Sky Sports TV which makes me want to poke my eyes out goddammit. Have you got a chest strap thing for excerice to monitor your heart rate so you don't have to use the stupid hand things on the machine? I set the machines to weightloss and it keeps me in the 'fat burning zone'.

What else was i going to say...

oh yeah i think CC'ing will totally suit you. I feed Gaz them M&S fuller longer meals all the time and he loves them. I mainly get him fish ones cos i don't like fish, i'm not very good at cooking it (although did him some seabass last night and he liked it!). I give him 5 ping meals a week- aren't i horrible? He won't eat what i cook all the time and he's into low fat stuff at the mo so I just give him them and shut him up. He makes me die cos he'll say 'I can't have that! look at the cals!' then eats 3 cherry bakewells for pudding. MEN bah.

Anyway, i had something else to say but can't remember now so TTFN, hope you have a nice afternoon :)

Ooh thanks doll for your perseverance, although admittedly I have minis on my work screen all day long! Rather that than looking down at my phone all the time - perhaps I shouldn't have this job, I clearly don't deserve! I haven't got a heart rate thingy, I would like the watch monitor thing, but they are really expensive - £90 for a new one. I have been told not to trust the hand bars on the machines, but when it tells me I am "high heart rate" zone, like 165 - 170 I get a bit scared, then "think" I am beginning to feel a bit ill! Psycho!!! So I slow my heart rate down to 150, then pound it again to reach the dizzy heart rate heights again.

I hate Hate HATE the cross trainer with a passion, and get bored very quickly, I would gouge my eyes out if I were subjected to Sky Sports whilst on it! I have the same problem on the bikes, although the TVs are high up and below is the grrr manly weight lift section where only the men dare to workout - men with muscles! I am not a fan of the muscley and lean, but these guys fascinate me - its almost like watching a nature programme with these animals carrying out this ritual like "who is the manliest" "who should get all the females" you know? I used to feel quite inadequate to even go near this section of the gym, but quickly realised that they hold interest only in themselves, like all gym-goers. They strain themselves to pick these ridiculous weights up with a grunt and chuck them back on the floor with a thud!

Yeah, CCing seems to be the way forward at the moment, I am feeling pretty good about it and I never for one moment considered it in the past. Ruth Jones lost loads of weight doing CC. I always thought the daily intake was so low, and I figured my portion sizes would be tiny, but those Fuller Longer meals are pretty darn good and a decent size. I am using a couple of hundred cals on a shapers choccy bar and a shapers bag of crisps in a minute - I am so excited about it!!! I figured, if I had the Cals to spend I would do that everyday at around 3:30 - 4pm when I am at my most peckish. . .

This does also mean that I need to gym it more often to get the calorie boost!

Bless Gaz, him having ping meals every week day! Poor thing! Mind you if he won't eat what you eat, whats a girl gonna do. Mick has a bit of ready made stuff and a lot of the time its beige and boring. I do offer him salad but he more often than not refuses it. I think I am going to have a couple of ping (we call them 'prick prick ding' meals in our family!) meals in the week now that I can! So naughty - but so easy and so much less washing up!!!!

xx

Ooh thanks doll for your perseverance, although admittedly I have minis on my work screen all day long! Rather that than looking down at my phone all the time - perhaps I shouldn't have this job, I clearly don't deserve! I haven't got a heart rate thingy, I would like the watch monitor thing, but they are really expensive - £90 for a new one. I have been told not to trust the hand bars on the machines, but when it tells me I am "high heart rate" zone, like 165 - 170 I get a bit scared, then "think" I am beginning to feel a bit ill! Psycho!!! So I slow my heart rate down to 150, then pound it again to reach the dizzy heart rate heights again. I hate Hate HATE the cross trainer with a passion, and get bored very quickly, I would gouge my eyes out if I were subjected to Sky Sports whilst on it! I have the same problem on the bikes, although the TVs are high up and below is the grrr manly weight lift section where only the men dare to workout - men with muscles! I am not a fan of the muscley and lean, but these guys fascinate me - its almost like watching a nature programme with these animals carrying out this ritual like "who is the manliest" "who should get all the females" you know? I used to feel quite inadequate to even go near this section of the gym, but quickly realised that they hold interest only in themselves, like all gym-goers. They strain themselves to pick these ridiculous weights up with a grunt and chuck them back on the floor with a thud! Yeah, CCing seems to be the way forward at the moment, I am feeling pretty good about it and I never for one moment considered it in the past. Ruth Jones lost loads of weight doing CC. I always thought the daily intake was so low, and I figured my portion sizes would be tiny, but those Fuller Longer meals are pretty darn good and a decent size. I am using a couple of hundred cals on a shapers choccy bar and a shapers bag of crisps in a minute - I am so excited about it!!! I figured, if I had the Cals to spend I would do that everyday at around 3:30 - 4pm when I am at my most peckish. . . This does also mean that I need to gym it more often to get the calorie boost! Bless Gaz, him having ping meals every week day! Poor thing! Mind you if he won't eat what you eat, whats a girl gonna do. Mick has a bit of ready made stuff and a lot of the time its beige and boring. I do offer him salad but he more often than not refuses it. I think I am going to have a couple of ping (we call them 'prick prick ding' meals in our family!) meals in the week now that I can! So naughty - but so easy and so much less washing up!!!! xx

My work monitor the internet use!

I can't bear all the chumpy boys are the gym grunting. There's a whole other room where they can go off and look at themselves lifting weights are our one but they still spill over. If I can hear grunting/crashing weights over my iPod it's too bloody loud and it's rude.

Yeah anything without washing up gets my vote. No dishwasher here. Apart from me. Ha! X

Foods today:

B - Egg Roll with LCL cheese

image-1362312803.jpg

L - Mexican Rice Innocent Pot with Spinach and Onion Salad

image-258760663.jpg

Snack - Shapers Crisps and Chocolate Bar

image-215944709.jpg

I forgot how wicked chipsticks were!!! This was such a treat at 3:30pm this afternoon, my munchy time

D - Homemade Spag Bol

image-817395206.jpg

Drinks - 2 large glasses of wine (celebrating!)

Cals today: 1796, set cals per day 1500, with extra 389 for exercise - I have 93 cals remaining too!

Another great food day!! I am going to be off all plans tomoz, with our Cafe Au Vin Galvins lunch. I can't even go to the gym tomorrow morning as my bro has borrowed the car. I will do a kettlebell DVD tho, in an effort to control the lunch - I will also control breakfast and dinner

Xx

Friday 21st March - :scale: - I stayed the same!

Oh well, I am not too fussed, at least its not a gain and two days of CCing can hardly count can it? I am just glad I got the post-period gain off.

So today is a non-CC day. I have lunch out so there is no way of knowing what the cals would be. Its a nice Cafe/Bistro place and I am going with my head of department so I will feel a bit of a nob taking pictures of my food!

B - Banana, Greek Yog and Granola, with a little local honey.

L - FOOOOOOOOOOOD

D - ??? I am going to try and listen to my body today, if I am stuffed from lunch I won't have any tea. Usually if I eat out at lunch I will power through my evening meal whether I am hungry or not because....well I dont know why, I guess because my evening meal is my most favourite part of the day and to not have it is denying myself....? Hmmm. Anyway I may make good choices at lunch and be hungry tonight, you never know...

Have a good day y'all

Sounds like you're doing great with your food! Do you find cou ting the calories a real bore though? When I do 5:2 days it does my head in counting balsamic vinegar in cooking and splenda and stuff, but all those small calories always added up! Puts me off trying to count calories generally!

Sounds like you're doing great with your food! Do you find cou ting the calories a real bore though? When I do 5:2 days it does my head in counting balsamic vinegar in cooking and splenda and stuff, but all those small calories always added up! Puts me off trying to count calories generally!

Thanks. I reckon it will annoy me eventually but at the moment, its exciting to try something a little different. There is a small amount of guess work - but I tend to overestimate for certain things and not count some things, like spray oil - I totally don't bother with that but I count cals for the tiny amount of balsamic on my salad!

Ask me in a couple of weeks and I will probably be back doing SW!!!!!

How are you doing my love? I have been a bit elusive with other diaries - I must try harder!

Hope you had a good lunch.

Hey Rosa! How are you?

I had a lovely lunch and I am pleased to say that I made good choices (apart from the gallon of white wine I drank!). Starters was Endive Salad which had walnuts, roquefort and pear in, I had a couple of slices of small fancy bread and butter. Then for mains I had Lemon Sole with these teeny tiny potatoes which were the size of marbles and it had a brown shrimp butter on top, but wasn't overly buttered. I had another bit of bread and I had nothing for dessert. Everyone else had masses of food and a really fattening dessert, so pat on the back for me.

I think I am going to be hungry come tonight though, so I will probably have dinner. I would have thought I was close to my cals at the moment, so tea will tip me over, but I don't care.

On the home front, Mick has finally received his Decree Absolute - YAY! Its about time, he has been separated for 12 years! And started proceedings in November 2012! So thats nice, I am pleased for him as it has taken a long time and also I am happy that I no longer live in sin with a married man, I just live in sin with a single man! So we are going to the Champagne Bar for some bubbles tonight! Man, I am a total drunk today!

xxx

Congratulations to Mick. Have fun. Never mind zabout the calories as tomorrow is another day and you can re-start.

Hurrah for mick!

Hope food yesterday went well.

Seems your still enjoying the CC! Good for you hun. I definitely think dieting is easier when your heads in the right place and there's not constant guilt xx

Oi oi Charley McSaveloy, how goes it?

Congrats to Mick on the decree absolute! That oasis song springs to mind. I'm freeeeeeee to do whatever I, whatever I choose and I'll sing the blues if I want.

Although I remember Tracey killing Charlie (?) to that on corrie by a blow to the head so maybe not the best song choice? X

I can imahine it being exciting to try something new- I've been considering CC too but I think I'd get overwhelmed :eek: it is really nice on 5:2 days having non SW stuff though!
Man, I've been awful at keeping up with diaries too- gets harder as you follow more people on here doesnt it?!
X

Back