CharleyBarley - my new 2014 diary with pics

Oh Rubes you must try it! Its a powered peanut butter thing, you order it from Ama zon or somewhere like that, its quite expensive, but you don't need much - 2tbsp of PB2 powder, mixed with 1 tbsp of water and you have a decent amount of peanut butter and it tastes like peanut butter! Its 2 syns and you get a good amount. I think its worth it seeing as its over half the syns of a tbsp of the regular stuff!

Oh I might have to make a sneaky order. PB is the one thing I've missed the most on SW.

And you're very lucky to have two such handsome men in your life!

Aww how cute. Now looking at the size of the hands there must of been a lot of sugar in that spag bol xx
]

Oh Sugar, your post made me crack up on the train this morning! That really tickled me.... I never really noticed the size of his hands until You and Michelle mentioned it, they are MASSIVE - they are like goalkeeper gloves. No wonder I had a hypoglycemic fit when I tried a teaspoon of spag bol!

Oh I might have to make a sneaky order. PB is the one thing I've missed the most on SW.

And you're very lucky to have two such handsome men in your life!

Its well worth it.

At thanks, I am a lucky lady, they are both very very sweet guys.

]

Oh Sugar, your post made me crack up on the train this morning! That really tickled me.... I never really noticed the size of his hands until You and Michelle mentioned it, they are MASSIVE - they are like goalkeeper gloves. No wonder I had a hypoglycemic fit when I tried a teaspoon of spag bol!

Glad I made a journey more pleasant. Lol I bet it was like eating a dessert or like in elf if you've seen it when he puts maple syrup in the spaghetti. Xx

Glad I made a journey more pleasant. Lol I bet it was like eating a dessert or like in elf if you've seen it when he puts maple syrup in the spaghetti. Xx

Oh I love Elf!! Its a must watch every Christmas.

Hi Charley, just popping in to say I hope you had a great Christmas and enjoyed your cruise!

:wavey: Hi everyone!

I hope my mini mates are doing ok, I have been lurking on diaries for months, but felt a bit embarassed to kick-start my diary again because I had left it so long.

I wont go into too much back story of the last 3 months - but we had our cruise, it was amazing, I really missed Christmas at home though - more amazing was that I only gained 4lbs! I wasn't even trying to be careful!

New Years came and went uneventfully and the realisation hit that I am going to be married in October!!!! I had this big thing in my head to lose 4 stone by July (my dress fitting) - that of course, is not going to happen.

I have been plodding along SW styley, I tried 5:2 which had good losses but I had horrid side effects that weren't worth it, I am now considering calorie counting- my TDEE reckons I could steadily lose weight on around 1800 cals a day, but I find the prospect of counting everything I make from scratch quite daunting and I don't want to fall victim to the dreaded ready meals on a CC diet. I feel like I am putting so much pressure on myself, that I am making myself really unhappy.

Last week for example, I was 100% perfection as far as SW is concerned and I stayed the same - it turned me into a sobbing wreck, I went to the chippy and ordered a saveloy, large chips, bread roll and curry sauce!!! So I guess this week I am loooking at another STS because of the chippy fail.

At the moment I feel like my body is really letting me down on the weight loss front - I am putting the effort in and getting nothing back, as soon as I have just one bad meal, I gain.

Today I feel like I need to change my attitude and realise that I am NOT a big loser and I never will be unless I do a drastic diet, one which will make me unhappy but will get results, which I am just not prepared to do. So I will plod along, up my exercise, and see where it takes me.

I am going to stop this target business and countdown to how long I have, I am just going to, well try...

I read a diary of someone yesterday who was an amazing woman, and flicking through her pages, she got ill and then suddenly passed away and her page still stands in memory of her - she wasn't very old at all and it was really sad, she had made lots and lots of mini friends and they were bereft at her passing - it made me cry for her and for them and for me. It made me feel so ashamed that I am putting my diets and weight on the pedestal of everything - life is so f!cking short, why am I obsessing about food and what I should and shouldn't eat all the time. It is all encompassing me at the moment. I talk to Mick about the wedding and holiday that we are going to have and all I can think and talk about is how fat I will be and how uncomfortable I will be and sweaty and it is kind of ruining what will be an amazing time.

I know Mick loves me for me and he doesn't care how big or little I am, and he has been so unbelievably patient and kind about all this (albeit, not the greatest support because he is weak for food like me!) but I want to lose some and I want to be happy - weight loss doesn't equal happiness. I am a naturally happy person, okay, if you are reading this post for the first time, I know it doesn't seem like I am happy - I sound like a miserable old fart!

WELL THE MISERY STOPS HERE!!!!!!!!!

This lovely lady who passed has given me the courage to get back on here and to stop wasting my life on what the scales tell me. I am going to give it my all but I am not going to sacrifice my happiness in the meantime.

So without further ado, I give you my daily food (lunch and dinner pics to follow later)

B - WW Petit Pain (HEB) and PB2 (2)

L - Ham and Egg Salad (2) for mayo

Snacks throughout the day - Pear, Satsuma and Strawberries

D - Spaghetti Carbonara (HEA) with Mushroom, Bacon and Chorizo (5) with side salad.

Syns - 9

Exercise - 20 minutes Kettlebell

So I am following SW, a dolly mixture of red green and ee, I also want to go a bit low carb - so I am having a soupy salady week next week.

WIs on Friday mornings

Well, thats me in a nut shell, sorry to be a bit bummed out on my first day back - its all upwards and onwards from now on.

Much love to all my old mates and hello to any new ones that want to join me on my quest for a healthier body.

xxxxxxxxxx

Lovely to have you back charley and I'm glad you enjoyed your cruise. I get married a few weeks before you and I've got deadline fever too. When will we learn that we're just not going to lose 4lb every week eh? Looking forward to seeing you posting more and I'll try and join you with the slow and steady ethos xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Lovely to have you back charley and I'm glad you enjoyed your cruise. I get married a few weeks before you and I've got deadline fever too. When will we learn that we're just not going to lose 4lb every week eh? Looking forward to seeing you posting more and I'll try and join you with the slow and steady ethos xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hey Scarlet!

Congrats on the wedding! Where are you getting married? How are your plans going?

Thanks for the response, I know you are right - my body has been so used to the SW way over the years, it doesn't know its supposed to lose! I guess I need to shape up a little and be more careful - i don't count milk in coffees and things like that - big whoop eh?!

xxxx

Hey nice to see you back posting again, I'm glad you enjoyed the cruise.

re losing weight for the wedding, my thoughts are if you're happy as you are & Mick is why are you bothering losing weight, are you losing it for the wedding only to gain it afterwards, I know it's a weight loss support forum & that doesn't really seem like a supportive thing to say, but from reading your post it doesn't seem like you want to loose weight for you. As long as you & Mick are happy & you're comfortable on the day what does it matter. x

BTW I'm glad your back as I've missed your food pics!

Welcome back lovely.

Read your post earlier but didn't reply because I was in work and wanted to respond properly.

Now I've come to respond I don't really know what to say, other than I know EXACTLY how you feel!

I know hubby loves me whatever, and we're also foodies who have zero willpower (even though he doesn't need any anyway!), but I've decided that I need to lose weight for my health as much as anything.

Not sure if you're planning on children or not, but I can't tell you how difficult being large and having children sometimes makes things. Not because I give a hoot what others think, but because I'm not fit enough to run alongside them at the park when their roller skating, or I'm not the fun one that sneaks into the soft play when nobody's watching!

Not only that, but it too is a comfort thing, I don't want to panic about whether the aeroplane seatbelt fits, or how my rolls look at the side of the pool!

I'm not sure my posts helped you much either Hun, but wanted to tell you I too know how you feel xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Dinner dinner dinner dinner batmaaaaaaaaaaan

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1424894882.983870.jpg

And this is an impression of me eating it

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1424894914.578101.jpg

Thanks so much for your welcome backs and Mrs S thanks so much for your post. I don't have much time tonight to respond but I will post more tomorrow. Thanks so much, it's so lovely to be back in the fold of my mini friends

Last edited:
Welcome back lovely.

Read your post earlier but didn't reply because I was in work and wanted to respond properly.

Now I've come to respond I don't really know what to say, other than I know EXACTLY how you feel!

I know hubby loves me whatever, and we're also foodies who have zero willpower (even though he doesn't need any anyway!), but I've decided that I need to lose weight for my health as much as anything.

Not sure if you're planning on children or not, but I can't tell you how difficult being large and having children sometimes makes things. Not because I give a hoot what others think, but because I'm not fit enough to run alongside them at the park when their roller skating, or I'm not the fun one that sneaks into the soft play when nobody's watching!

Not only that, but it too is a comfort thing, I don't want to panic about whether the aeroplane seatbelt fits, or how my rolls look at the side of the pool!

I'm not sure my posts helped you much either Hun, but wanted to tell you I too know how you feel xx

Hey Laura

Thank you so much for this post, it really meant a lot to me and altho its crap that we are both feeling the same, it's comforting to know I am not alone in my love of food and my need to lose weight.

We don't plan on having children. We love our little family of two too much!!

I feel healthy - I eat really healthy food, I drink lots of water and I am active for my size. I don't have any health issues and please god I won't in the future - but with the healthy food, the odd bad meal slips in and ruins it! I am queen of maintenance. Out of 7 days in the week I am good for 5 or 6 days. It just seems so much more difficult to lose weight these days - sigh - could be me getting older? Could be me being a bit slack about stuff? Who knows, I am not giving in, not yet.

I am totally with you on the plane seat thing, seat belts especially- when we went on the cruise going out I had quite a bit of slack, coming back the belt was shorter and it barely did up! Going to shows too, like the theatre or concerts, the seating is tiny and Mick is broad, as am I - I carry my weight up top (not in the right place! Tiny boobs massive amounts of back fat and belly!) so we feel like american quarterbacks sitting next to one another!!

Another big thing of mine is sweat, my face sweats, I hate it. I'm not even sure it's weight related, but i am blaming it on that!!!!!

What diet are you currently following hun? I know you have a change up every now and then like me.

Popping over to your diary now...

XXXX

Back